Why the doom and gloom | Syracusefan.com

Why the doom and gloom

billorange44

2nd String
I have been reading the posts here since Sunday. I didn't come here Saturday after the game as I wanted to heal. I didn't want to hear all the negativity either.

We played a very good team Saturday and lost by 7 points. Yes, we coughed up the ball with enough time to win the game. We also had a quarterback who has never started a game, let alone saw our play book for the first time, in what, June? I think he did fine. We have a new coach and coaches. We are playing in a new conference and that adds pressure to win and make a statement.

The bottom line is, we are a pretty good football team. We just need to jell. Give it time. Remember where we came from, where we went to and where we are now. This team will be fine and so will we. Give 'em hell Orange!

we played a worse team game one last year with tons of experience at QB and lost on the last play.. im not sure if this was a better or worse loss but its easier to see the light when the offense seems to be able to score. NW will be the real tell. if the oline with really only Chibane missing from NW can not create any holes like we saw last year we are going to have most jump ship. even last year against NW the big passing plays came from several people still on the roster. Nassib had a great game but were there throws he made that allen cant make or is it all bout playing calling

we played a worse team game one last year with tons of experience at QB and lost on the last play.. im not sure if this was a better or worse loss but its easier to see the light when the offense seems to be able to score. NW will be the real tell. if the oline with really only Chibane missing from NW can not create any holes like we saw last year we are going to have most jump ship. even last year against NW the big passing plays came from several people still on the roster. Nassib had a great game but were there throws he made that allen cant make or is it all bout playing calling

Worse team last year? NW ended up 10-3 last year. Lost by 1 point to Nebraska, lost in OT to Michigan and their only other loss was to a decent PSU team last year. They pounded Mississippi State in the Gator Bowl. I'd put hard money on last years NW team beating the PSU team that just beat us.

Didn't watch the game, but reading the recaps it makes it sound like we put out a keystone cops offense that was heroically incompetent... and we still lost by less than a TD, with a chance to have won it at the end. No reason to panic yet.

Not really. I think you saw the wrong Northwestern team!

I saw NW play 6-7 times last year and watched them play last weekend.. much like our game last year they won on scores you cant count on the first games of both years.. they won several last year the same way though. PSu dominated them last year in that win.

I missed the game in its entirety as I was away from any source for monitoring the game. I did, however, opened up Tapatalk to see whether we won or not once I was in cell range. Based on the posts I read a queeziness started setting in my stomach and thoughts of regression from what had been built under Marrone made me shut down my phone. I finally got home tonight and decided to watch the replay on ESPN3 so I could see just how terrible our opener against Penn State was.

You know what? I didn't think we were as bad as the posts on here made us out to be. I see a lot of room for improvement - if I did NOT, then I would have been worried, but I see things that can be corrected and I see potential. Let's see how the coaches adjust - this is an entirely different team from Marrone's tenure and I don't see the sky falling. I would, however, love to see the discipline that Marrone brought to the team to try and avoid fundamental mistakes.

I expect us to be competitive in most of the games this year outside of Clemson and FLST.

I have been reading the posts here since Sunday. I didn't come here Saturday after the game as I wanted to heal. I didn't want to hear all the negativity either.

We played a very good team Saturday and lost by 7 points. Yes, we coughed up the ball with enough time to win the game. We also had a quarterback who has never started a game, let alone saw our play book for the first time, in what, June? I think he did fine. We have a new coach and coaches. We are playing in a new conference and that adds pressure to win and make a statement.

The bottom line is, we are a pretty good football team. We just need to jell. Give it time. Remember where we came from, where we went to and where we are now. This team will be fine and so will we. Give 'em hell Orange!

We only lost by 6. Give us our full credit.

I saw the ACC Power Rankings today by the ACC ESPN Blog. We were at #13. The comment said Shafer knew it would be a rebuilding year, but a 23-17 loss to Penn State only underscored how far the Orange have to go.

I don't know who should be more upset over such a ridiculous comment, us or Penn State.

I need to get one of these jobs. There are literally no requirements other than having a laptop and internet access.

I need to get one of these jobs. There are literally no requirements other than having a laptop and internet access.

That's why, heaven help me, I respect the crap out of that basterd Lunardi.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bspencer309

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom