Wiggins cancels in-home visits with everyone that isn't Kentucky | Syracusefan.com

Wiggins cancels in-home visits with everyone that isn't Kentucky

http://zagsblog.com/andrew-wiggins/wiggins-cancels-in-home-visits/

Already visited with Calipari, cancelled visits with the other 3.
About as shocking as this decision.

lebron-james-the-decision-big.jpg

For what it's worth, he says it's just because he's tired of traveling so much and just wants to relax for a few days, but yeah... doesn't sound good.

What the heck happened to wanting to go up against the best in basketball? The pride and desire to will your team to victory, with the self confidence to back it up as a team? It reminds me of playing pick up basketball and your team gets run off the court. I hate when people start talking about "switching it up." No. I want to run it back with the same team and try again, screw switching it up... I want to win, but I also do not want it handed to me with all the best players. Weak sauce. Rant over.

No. Kentucky would not lose. And that's bad for everyone

UK would likely be the preseason #1, but it's not like they would be a lock for the championship or anything. And even if they were, by far, the best team in the country, I don't really see why that is so bad. A lot of time sports thrive when there is one dominant team that everyone else tries to knock off.

Also, this is probably just me, but I would be pretty interested in seeing what would happen if UK pulled this recruiting class in. Especially since we don't need to play them.

It would be quite an experiment! If it works, it would be a very, very exciting team but if it fails it would be an even better sight to behold.

http://zagsblog.com/andrew-wiggins/wiggins-cancels-in-home-visits/

Already visited with Calipari, cancelled visits with the other 3.
The conspiracy part of my mind says that Wiggins knew all along he was going to UK, but has waited this long so that Cal could get all the rest of his horses in the barn. As in--if Wiggins had announced a month a go, maybe Randle would have looked elsewhere. Or, had he announced last fall, would Young have headed somewhere else?

They will be a bust next year. No upperclassmen leadership, selfish guards, no shot blocker, and a below average coach. But hey, they play in a shitt conference and will have everybody watching. Should be fun.

Let's say he goes to UK. How much time would he realistically get? Even if he is the best player on the team, Cal has to play the other guys, too. Is Wiggins so sure he's the number one pick the following year, whether he averages 12pg or 20? I can completely understand wanting to maximize your chances of winning a NC in your one and only college year. But, having a small role in that would sorta diminish the accomplishment for me. That said, it's not like Jordan won at NC in a vacuum... And the Fab Five wasn't diminished... Hard to tell what these kids are thinking and we'll never get a truly candid response from them.

But, re: Wiggins — I've only seen him in three all-star game scenarios. I have not yet been impressed. His highlight reel is spectacular. But, I'm not convinced he's not the next Felipe Lopez. Then again, I didn't see Lebron beating HS kids off the dribble, and that concerned me, sooooo... you know.

I think the Duke kid is the next Paul Pierce. And Randall is going to be fantastic. Did anyone see Karl Towns in the US/World game? Good lawd. He's immense and skilled. He might be the pick, over Wiggins.

Ends up being a bunch of kids wearing UK jerseys, next years edition. Yeah, must be great rooting for that year to year.

Let's say he goes to UK. How much time would he realistically get? Even if he is the best player on the team, Cal has to play the other guys, too. Is Wiggins so sure he's the number one pick the following year, whether he averages 12pg or 20? I can completely understand wanting to maximize your chances of winning a NC in your one and only college year. But, having a small role in that would sorta diminish the accomplishment for me. That said, it's not like Jordan won at NC in a vacuum... And the Fab Five wasn't diminished... Hard to tell what these kids are thinking and we'll never get a truly candid response from them.

But, re: Wiggins — I've only seen him in three all-star game scenarios. I have not yet been impressed. His highlight reel is spectacular. But, I'm not convinced he's not the next Felipe Lopez. Then again, I didn't see Lebron beating HS kids off the dribble, and that concerned me, sooooo... you know.

I think the Duke kid is the next Paul Pierce. And Randall is going to be fantastic. Did anyone see Karl Towns in the US/World game? Good lawd. He's immense and skilled. He might be the pick, over Wiggins.
Tyler Roberson ate his (Towns) lunch for him. Just happened to be a state title on the line too.
He's good, has some potential, but a lot of work to get up off the ground. If he stays on the European-style center tip, he's going to have problems in the NBA.

The conspiracy part of my mind says that Wiggins knew all along he was going to UK, but has waited this long so that Cal could get all the rest of his horses in the barn. As in--if Wiggins had announced a month a go, maybe Randle would have looked elsewhere. Or, had he announced last fall, would Young have headed somewhere else?
That's a pretty good conspiracy there...