Wiggins cancels in-home visits with everyone that isn't Kentucky | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Wiggins cancels in-home visits with everyone that isn't Kentucky

Jennifer-Love-Hewitt-Wallpaper-7.jpg
Somehow, I'll take it. ;)

Let's say he goes to UK. How much time would he realistically get? Even if he is the best player on the team, Cal has to play the other guys, too. Is Wiggins so sure he's the number one pick the following year, whether he averages 12pg or 20? I can completely understand wanting to maximize your chances of winning a NC in your one and only college year. But, having a small role in that would sorta diminish the accomplishment for me. That said, it's not like Jordan won at NC in a vacuum... And the Fab Five wasn't diminished... Hard to tell what these kids are thinking and we'll never get a truly candid response from them.

But, re: Wiggins — I've only seen him in three all-star game scenarios. I have not yet been impressed. His highlight reel is spectacular. But, I'm not convinced he's not the next Felipe Lopez. Then again, I didn't see Lebron beating HS kids off the dribble, and that concerned me, sooooo... you know.

I think the Duke kid is the next Paul Pierce. And Randall is going to be fantastic. Did anyone see Karl Towns in the US/World game? Good lawd. He's immense and skilled. He might be the pick, over Wiggins.

Unfortunately, Wiggins is guaranteed to be the number one pick whether he plays or doesn't. And that's probably what matters to him. He'll get to play against great talent...in practice. Karl Towns is a 2014 recruit though. Man he's so young looking, I just can't picture the kid as an NBA player in a year or even 2!

Tyler Roberson ate his (Towns) lunch for him. Just happened to be a state title on the line too.
He's good, has some potential, but a lot of work to get up off the ground. If he stays on the European-style center tip, he's going to have problems in the NBA.
I've always felt kids get rated higher depending if its one of the darling schools. For example the Wiltjer kid over at Shitucky, 2 questions how was a mcd's all American and does he wear lipstick?

kentucky had what, five first rounders on their team this year? how'd that work out for them

Does anyone know how many bags Cal checked when flying there, and if he was minus one on the return flight?
It was Delta. They explained the extra charge for additional bags. He boarded with the extra one. Cheap bastage.

kentucky had what, five first rounders on their team this year? how'd that work out for them

They had a bunch the year before, they did ok that year

Let's say he goes to UK. How much time would he realistically get? Even if he is the best player on the team, Cal has to play the other guys, too. Is Wiggins so sure he's the number one pick the following year, whether he averages 12pg or 20? I can completely understand wanting to maximize your chances of winning a NC in your one and only college year. But, having a small role in that would sorta diminish the accomplishment for me

If Wiggins is as good as he is billed to be, he's going to play a ton of minutes. He's supposed to be the best player in the country; none of the guys they have either committed or already on the team are going to take minutes from him if that is the case.

Calipari usually plays a pretty short bench, at least at UK. I understand they might have some more depth this year than they have in the past, but I don't think Wiggins will be the one giving up time.

I've always felt kids get rated higher depending if its one of the darling schools. For example the Wiltjer kid over at Shitucky, 2 questions how was a mcd's all American and does he wear lipstick?

Wiltjer's a pretty good player. He's the one getting robbed here with this recruiting class. He is a 6'10 and was a pretty good high school player in a shitty recruiting class.

Wiltjer's a pretty good player. He's the one getting robbed here with this recruiting class. He is a 6'10 and was a pretty good high school player in a shitty recruiting class.
I understand and know he's pretty good. Thats my point, he's only pretty good and number 22 player overall in his class doesn't add up.

Amazing that a player like Poythress may have gotten recruited over by Randle, Young, and Wiggins. Wonder if he changes his mind and goes pro.

Wiggins definitely getting no time. Sucks to be him.

SVP just said that if Wiggins goes to Kentucky, playing out the season will be pointless
SVP is smarter than that. Unless he's just having a fun shock jock moment

No. Kentucky would not lose. And that's bad for everyone
In 2013, Kentucky isn't going undefeated. You guys are better than this. Now if you're saying they'd be favored to win the title? Absolutely

SVP is smarter than that. Unless he's just having a fun shock jock moment

He said what I quoted, and added "they would have 8 of the top 20 players in the nation, how do you compete with that" or something to that effect. He might have been, but it didnt sound like he was making a joke.

He would be nuts to go there with the backload of talent at the 3 that they already have. Polythrees, Julius Randle and Young are all top 10 talent and would be competing with him for time.

Yep. That's the thing I don't get. He's probably been guaranteed to start but still. Weak.

Amazing that a player like Poythress may have gotten recruited over by Randle, Young, and Wiggins. Wonder if he changes his mind and goes pro.

Wiggins definitely getting no time. Sucks to be him.

I feel worse for guys like Poythress. He's actually staying and a guy I can still see being a force at the 4 either there or in the NBA. I see lots of Al Horford in him. But yes, it does feel like he's been recruited over. No way Wiggins dosn't get time, imo. I'm sure he's been promised it.