Wildhack Needs To...... | Page 5 | Syracusefan.com

Wildhack Needs To......

I coached little league for one year (I don’t have any kids), that was my first and last year, the parents were the worst part of it. I’d love to keep doing it but I can’t deal with the parents.
Similar, I umpired a few little league games when I was a senior in HS. Never again and this was a podunk rural league. The best case scenario was that a few would be varsity starters in high school.

Similar, I umpired a few little league games when I was a senior in HS. Never again and this was a podunk rural league. The best case scenario was that a few would be varsity starters in high school.
I did it in Vegas, my buddy was president of the league and not enough dads signed up so he asked. I was told there were a ton of single moms, strippers, Pron stars, etc etc so I jumped on board. Unfortunately I drafted a team that seemed to have old and Karen type moms, that said the team were runner ups!

3 seems most likely, unfortunately. With probably the 3 best players leaving, with likely at least a few others (maybe more), no replacements coming in and a coach that uses the portal only if forced to, I'm not sure how we field a team that doesn't lose 20.

2 seems unfair to all involved. After having no announced transition plan, simply handing it over to Red puts him so far behind the 8-ball that it'd be a miracle if he didn't fail. If there had been a plan revealed, allowing him to recruit in the open like that, going after players he wants, there could be a relatively hopeful transition. Instead, he'd be scrambling to keep anybody here and then hope some impactful portal guys could come in, but even that's a poor recipe. Limited in-house talent and nothing coming in makes getting potentially a starting lineup or close to it out of the portal an unreachable fantasy. Not to mention, the fanbase will be far from enthused about this. Then what? Another losing season in year 1 with wavering support?

1 is our best and only real hope for a quick turnaround and potential long-term success.
You’re not sure how they field a team that doesn’t lose 20?

I don’t mean to be a dick but that is reactionary b.s. JB has said multiple times they will go to the portal this year, and it couldn’t be more obvious that it’s true considering the lack of ‘23 recruits. I get the anger about how the season is ending, but pretending like Syracuse is on some uphill climb to win 10 games next year is ridiculous. Pitt had an entire team turnover and they won 21 already. The only way Syracuse becomes Louisville is if JB leaves and they don’t hire a coach for 6 months.

I don’t mean to be a dick but that is reactionary b.s. JB has said multiple times they will go to the portal this year, and it couldn’t be more obvious that it’s true considering the lack of ‘23 recruits. I get the anger about how the season is ending, but pretending like Syracuse is on some uphill climb to win 10 games next year is ridiculous.
I don’t disagree that it’s reactionary, but if we lose the seniors and Mintz it will be an uphill battle to 10 games until we see the guys who come here. Could we win 25 with the right transfers? Sure, but until they’re here we’re not rolling with much.

Men’s lax I agree with you. I’m basing it on the 2 great recruiting classes he’s had and the improved play even though they are young. The football hires the last 2 years like White, Anae, Beck and Rocky were all great hires even if 2 have left. Then there’s a few others not mentioned.
Fair. I was thinking more about this cycle just due to the fact that there has been no proof of anything.

I don’t disagree that it’s reactionary, but if we lose the seniors and Mintz it will be an uphill battle to 10 games until we see the guys who come here. Could we win 25 with the right transfers? Sure, but until they’re here we’re not rolling with much.
Well duh, if you roll out a team of 5 guys you’re probably not going to win many games, but that has not and will not ever happen. Somehow every P6 team fills out their roster each year so it seems pretty ridiculous to prognosticate on next year while under the assumption they don’t fill the spots.

Well duh, if you roll out a team of 5 guys you’re probably not going to win many games, but that has not and will not ever happen. Somehow every P6 team fills out their roster each year so it seems pretty ridiculous to prognosticate on next year while under the assumption they don’t fill the spots.
Duh? You’re the one who can’t read, I never said anything about not filling a roster.

You’re reading comprehension is at a 1st grade level.

If we don’t get the right transfers and the seniors and Judah leaves then why is 10 wins out of the question?

Duh? You’re the one who can’t read, I never said anything about not filling a roster.

You’re reading comprehension is at a 1st grade level.

If we don’t get the right transfers and the seniors and Judah leaves then why is 10 wins out of the question?
You said that if you lose Judah and the seniors the guys who are left = an uphill climb. I’m saying that you’re obviously going to fill those spots, so looking at that team today will seem to indicate the results would be bad because half the team doesn’t exist yet.

You can defend the take if you want, but it’s the same position like 250 other programs are in every year.

You said that if you lose Judah and the seniors the guys who are left = an uphill climb. I’m saying that you’re obviously going to fill those spots, so looking at that team today will seem to indicate the results would be bad because half the team doesn’t exist yet.

You can defend the take if you want, but it’s the same position like 250 other programs are in every year.
It is an uphill climb depending who we get, fill the roster with transfers who stink and there’s no reason we’re not Notre Dame. Just because we bring 3-4 guys in doesn’t mean they’re going to be any good.

It is an uphill climb depending who we get, fill the roster with transfers who stink and there’s no reason we’re not Notre Dame. Just because we bring 3-4 guys in doesn’t mean they’re going to be any good.
It’s possible, but i would argue it’s far more likely they get enough talent to win 10 games than not and that’s the crux of my response to the other poster.

It’s possible, but i would argue it’s far more likely they get enough talent to win 10 games than not and that’s the crux of my response to the other poster.
I’m guessing Notre Dame thought they did too. Our coach said this was a tournament team AND his best recruiting class ever, may not be easy to bring a 20+ win team in.

I’m guessing Notre Dame thought they did too. Our coach said this was a tournament team AND his best recruiting class ever, may not be easy to bring a 20+ win team in.
And good thing they won 10 games, Louisville is a massive outlier of everything going wrong at once. I’m not saying it’s strictly impossible, just that’s an overreaction based on 1 outlier event of a team collapsing as hard as Louisville did.

JB has said multiple times they will go to the portal this year
They'll bring in 3-star 'croots to replace the 3-star recruits that are leaving. Not gonna cut it.

The toughness/strength issue needs to be addressed. The only guy on the team willing to rebound in traffic is Joe.

That's because he used to be a football player, and he's used to winning. Two-time state champ.

I coached little league for one year (I don’t have any kids), that was my first and last year, the parents were the worst part of it. I’d love to keep doing it but I can’t deal with the parents.
i reffed junior hockey. (volunteer) . and there's nothing more obnoxious than a set of parents in matching team jackets screaming all game at 8 year olds .

What’s interesting about this is if we win against wake and win the ACC tournament then what

What’s interesting about this is if we win against wake and win the ACC tournament then what
Have team gave you any indication that this will happen. Listen, we have to move on sooner or later let’s make it sooner

100% agree. I did soccer (U12 boys) way before my son turned 12. So it was all "other" kids - not mine.
And it was awful. One father went nuclear because I sat his son after he picked flowers instead of playing defense (he was a dangerous liability). Nearly ran me over with his Ranger Rover.

i reffed junior hockey. (volunteer) . and there's nothing more obnoxious than a set of parents in matching team jackets screaming all game at 8 year olds .
The jerseys with their kids name on the back was cring.

It sounds great saying we will grab guys from the portal. The problem is everyone else is going into the portal to grab the best players. Who says SU can out recruit/outbid anyone for the better players?
That’s not the point.

The point is IF JB comes back, next year is essentially worthless. The chance of us having a talented roster is very slim. We will lose most of our players from this year. We don’t have any commits coming in. There will be nothing to build on and nothing to look forward to. All we do is delay the inevitable by a year.

Let’s say in your scenario we go Red, he strikes out on the portal and we end up with 14 wins. Not an ideal win total, but we are closer to figuring out if Red is the guy or not. Maybe he kept some of the guys now and they showed good development. Maybe he was able to lock up some good 2024 recruits. Or hell, maybe he was completely over his head and we know we need to look again in another year for a coach. Regardless of the results win wise, it’s a step towards the future.

There is literally no reason the program should have JB back next year. None. And no one will care, there will be no excitement and no crowds

If Wildhack hasn't had the stones to have already done something to force JB to retire, i don't have much confidence in him being 'ruthless' enough to can a staff of loyal alums. If you're namby-pamby about JB, and let him cuckold you, how are you going to walk into that office with Red, GMac, and Griff and say, "y'all don't gotta go home, but..." I can't see it happening.

If he does, and i said this about JB—pay them all for next year. A one year severance, at least. I have only positive feelings about those guys. I just don't have confidence that the stink of our last handful of years can just be wiped off.

I truly believe I won't watch a single game if that happens.
Yeah, i will still be interested/curious, but i might just have to make a 'statement' to myself.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseEagle8

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom