Wildhack Presser 10 AM Monday | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Wildhack Presser 10 AM Monday

The entire schedule is brutal. Clemson Wake and Pitt on the road. The schedule was set up for this year.
There are top notch QBs on the way out, schedule might not as tough as it seems right now. We won’t know until games are played.I believe Cunningham, Pickett, are gone And believe Leary is back. (Most Likely)

Last edited:
Hey people keep talking about the murderers' row sked next year. Why subject a first year coach to it? Better to set him up for success than sandbag his recruiting efforts going forward. Just saying.

This recruiting class is exceptionally poor and could get worse with all of these developments. I get what you’re saying but i worry the impact of another year of not adding depth to important positions and lack of player development is worse than a new coach facing an ACC schedule.

Honestly, he should take tomorrow’s presser as an opportunity to announce a two-year extension for HCDB.

It reaffirms stability and support within the program. It also removes any doubt that Dino’s position is up in the air with recruits and potential assistant coaches.

In this instance, the University actually has the leverage, they can add years to the contract without adding money owed on a buyout. Dino would be smart to accept so that it further shows the support he has been given.
Yup

There are top notch QBs on the way out, schedule might not as tough as it seems right now. We won’t know until games are played.I believe Hartman , Cunningham, Pickett, are gone And believe Leary is back. (Most Likely)

ACC teams backups have done pretty well against us in the past. It’s only SU where the backup can’t see the field in garbage time because they’re so bad.

This recruiting class is exceptionally poor and could get worse with all of these developments. I get what you’re saying but i worry the impact of another year of not adding depth to important positions and lack of player development is worse than a new coach facing an ACC schedule.

I don't know. I think the portal has kind of changed that old model of building depth. We've seen the negative side of the new transfer regime, in that kids don't want to hang around to be second-stringers. But there's a positive side too, where you can build up a team quicker through smart portal moves and that in turn can supercharge your recruiting. Mel Tucker did it. The next HC here could do it too.

There are top notch QBs on the way out, schedule might not as tough as it seems right now. We won’t know until games are played.I believe Hartman , Cunningham, Pickett, are gone And believe Leary is back. (Most Likely)
What about Armstrong at Virginia?

Everything about Syracuse football is incredibly weird, it exists in its own universe where the laws that every other program go by don't apply.
The others may have accepted positions elsewhere which have not been announced yet.

Everything about Syracuse football is incredibly weird, it exists in its own universe where the laws that every other program go by don't apply.

Or you could read the follow up and realize it makes sense.

The only one out of eligibility is Pickett. I fully expect Hartman to be back and wouldn't be surprised to see Cunningham back, either.

Hey people keep talking about the murderers' row sked next year. Why subject a first year coach to it? Better to set him up for success than sandbag his recruiting efforts going forward. Just saying.
Or it’s a great time to bring in someone since year 1 is almost always a step back. Can probably make a case either way l.

The only one out of eligibility is Pickett. I fully expect Hartman to be back and wouldn't be surprised to see Cunningham back, either.
I missed on Hartman, I expect Cunningham to go.

People keep saying this but I don’t believe it’s true. There’s some high level prospects in this class.

Seems incredible weird that SU announced two assistants were returning (but anyone else.)

Do we know the contract info on the other assistants vs the ones who were retained/let go?

Highly doubt Tony White was on a 1 year deal. Would be interesting to know if other coaches weren’t announced because they are still under contract and have X amount of years remaining.

My god feels like Hartman has been around forever!
It does and I saw him 5th on one draft publication so I assumed he was older without checking. The Covid year really screws up your mental calendar. This was his 4th year. Covid and one year he appeared in 4 games and got a redshirt.

Last edited:
Or it’s a great time to bring in someone since year 1 is almost always a step back. Can probably make a case either way l.

I have no problem with you making that argument. There's never an 'ideal' time to fire or hire a coach. Usually you're in bad shape whenever either of those events takes place.

People keep saying this but I don’t believe it’s true. There’s some high level prospects in this class.

I don’t mean it in that way, sorry if what I said was misleading. It’s a light class overall with some decommits already. There are some solid players. But from the standpoint we need a full class of solid players I don’t see it overall. We have a serious depth issue and I don’t see this class fixing it or really coming close. We’re always 1-2 injuries away from disaster at a lot of positions and that’s been a result of the last 5 years of recruiting. This class in total could end up being one of DB’s poorest classes. That could spell absolute disaster IMO

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom