Wildhack Presser 10 AM Monday | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

Wildhack Presser 10 AM Monday

I thought it was just me. I am in 101 right next to where the recruits sit. It looked like they were hosting bowling recruits. OMG

Must be several weren’t in that section then. Look at the recruiting page and the visitors for the Pitt game. Lot of big boys. A 6’6 250 DE, a couple of 300+ lb OL, a 6’4 QB and several others with good size.

The AD is going to call a press conference and will have “criticize current coach’s ability to game manage” on his crib notes?

Really?
Exactly. It makes total sense to retain a coach and then drill him in front of the media. That'll help draw recruits.

Since 2004, Doug beat them once and Dino did it in 2017. That's it, 2-15
This says a LOT. We NEED a coach who at least has a .500 record vs Pitt if we want to step up in the conference. Pitt Is what we dream about as a fanbase. Never atrocious always a functionable team that wins more then it loses, with occasional great years like this year. Jealous

I’ll play devils advocate here and say that, in fact, ADJW is dissatisfied with Dinos performance and is ready to move on behind booster money, and that the search is on.

One can dream!

I’ll play devils advocate here and say that, in fact, ADJW is dissatisfied with Dinos performance and is ready to move on behind booster money, and that the search is on.

One can dream!

nah...no other school fires their coach via press conference and Dino had statements on his coaches not being retained. Unfortunately this presser isn't to announce Dino is being let go.

nah...no other school fires their coach via press conference and Dino had statements on his coaches not being retained. Unfortunately this presser isn't to announce Dino is being let go.

Of course not... UNLESS he wants to leave via a press conf and not a pre arranged leak.

No one would know this except JW I would assume

I swear I’ve read more insane nonsense on this board in the last 24 hours than at any time on here. People have lost their moorings. You know how we are fond of deriding other fan bases who have gone out of control? Well we are that group now. Holy carp people!

What mind blowing radio station will be hosting this sham of a mockery?

bananas-trial.jpg

If anyone has a link to this when it starts please post!

this presser is probably about the athletic complex. Maybe we'll get a nice colored drawing lol.

Yep, but he loses almost his entire OL. I think WF had something like 11-12 super seniors.

Pretty much all their skill guys on offense are back but if the OL is green it will make for the great case study. How do great players perform with an ok OL? We shall see.

Wildhack: “Coach Babers will return for the 2022 season.”

Potential for 18 of 22 starters to return.

Wildhack: The young men play hard for Coach Babers. We all know what the expectation is for 2022. We need to win more games.

Wildhack: “We want to play that 13th game. We also want to be competitive in the division.”(on expectations for 2022)

Wildhack on why he wants to bring Dino back: "It was important for me to see development and progress in this year's team." Says he saw it on D and in the run game.

Wildhack said Babers' buyout did not factor at all into the decision to bring him back. "Strictly football."

Wildhack says decisions on assistant coaches are up to the head coach.

Wildhack says he hopes to make enhancements to recruiting staff that can impact next season. Says he will need alumni and donor support.

Special teams will also be addressed next season, Wildhack said. The Orange didn’t have a special teams coordinator in 2021, leading to struggles with the unit the entire season.

Wildhack said he has confidence that SU's passing game can get better after a full offseason of Garrett Shrader working with WRs. On the OC vacancy: Dino's call, but "we've talked about someone who's worked with and developed quarterbacks."

Wildhack says Syracuse went into last offseason knowing the offensive line needed to improve. The program made a hire. Things got better. He says Syracuse needs to make three strong hires.

Wildhack: if you bring in a new head coach, that coach brings in a new staff. That means Tony White isn’t here. We had a run game that was the best in the ACC. We need to find coaches the caliber of Tony White and Mike Schmidt.

Asked Wildhack about the possibility of the quickly retained Tony White becoming HC in the future. Praised him for his strategy and his ability to connect with players. Didn't want to get into a potential Babers bridge, but "someday, he has the qualities to be a head coach."

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KD95

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom