Will Coleman Jump Center? | Syracusefan.com

Will Coleman Jump Center?

iommi

Living Legend
I know this is a minor thing but will Coleman handle the opening tip? He has no vertical, so might JB use Roberson? If we use DC I think we start on defense a lot unless we get a steal off the tip.

Just a random thought in what has been a slow hoops news cycle...

I would have to think Roberson will. He'll clearly be the tallest/best leaper on the court to start the game.

Roberson unless Lydon somehow makes it in the lineup.

I know this is a minor thing but will Coleman handle the opening tip? He has no vertical, so might JB use Roberson? If we use DC I think we start on defense a lot unless we get a steal off the tip.

Doesn't matter. There is no correlation between winning the tip and winning the game. Tip is for symbolic game starting purposes only.

wow. never even crossed my mind. Remember the days when we had Warrick. Im pretty sure he went a few seasons in a row winning 100% of tips. Im almost positive he did it at least 1 season.

Roberson unless Lydon somehow makes it in the lineup.

eh. i have a feeling and only a feeling (probably because he is white) that Lydon is going to be like Cooney with his jumping.

Cooney has a 40+ inch vert and there are times when he dunks when you can see it - but when he goes up for a layup or a rebound, he only gets like 12 inches off the ground. It is maddening. especially with layups. a dude with a 40inch vert should never be blocked.

eh. i have a feeling and only a feeling (probably because he is white) that Lydon is going to be like Cooney with his jumping.

Cooney has a 40+ inch vert and there are times when he dunks when you can see it - but when he goes up for a layup or a rebound, he only gets like 12 inches off the ground. It is maddening. especially with layups. a dude with a 40inch vert should never be blocked.

Not even close. You haven't seen him live yet, but he's a lot better jumper than Cooney. Cooney can only jump off two feet. Lydon might be the most athletic guy on the team.

Didn't Roberson jump last year when he started? That was when we had Rak who is a pretty good leaper himself

Doesn't matter. There is no correlation between winning the tip and winning the game. Tip is for symbolic game starting purposes only.

As I said, the the opening tip isn't important; I'm just curious if we are going to use our center. I think it will likely be Roberson too.

Yeah, this isn't right. Lydon is an explosive leaper and dunker. He will be on the business end of alley oops. He will also be on his share of highlight reels with his dunking ability.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bspencer309

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom