Will we get one more incredibly important regular season win? | Syracusefan.com

Will we get one more incredibly important regular season win?

RF2044

Living Legend
Playing on the road @ UNC is an unlikely scenario for a win, so the question becomes: can we close out the regular season with a win at FSU?

When we played them earlier, we ran them out of the Dome. They looked awfully good against Notre Dame on Saturday, though--it will be a tough game.

I'm going to feel a lot more secure with another "W" in the record column in terms of securing an NCAA bid.

One more win, and maybe one more in the ACCT would go a LONG way toward taking the guesswork out of the equation. Need to get it done.

Unfortunately i dont think we have enough guys playing well right now to give me much confidence. Cooney and roberson are awful, mal hit a couple 3s saturday but overall hes been struggling, howard and coleman have been ok but neither of them are difference makers. G and lydon are the only guys playing well and thats not enough to win on the road.

We're gonna have to do some work in acc tourny unless cooney roberson and mali turn things around.

Unfortunately i dont think we have enough guys playing well right now to give me much confidence. Cooney and roberson are awful, mal hit a couple 3s saturday but overall hes been struggling, howard and coleman have been ok but neither of them are difference makers. G and lydon are the only guys playing well and thats not enough to win on the road.

We're gonna have to do some work in acc tourny unless cooney roberson and mali turn things around.
You've watched this team all season and think you can predict who will play well in upcoming games based on who played well recently?

You've watched this team all season and think you can predict who will play well in upcoming games based on who played well recently?
If there's one thing we can count on, it's their inconsistency. Cooney & Mal & Roberson are due to become good at any moment. Past performance does not predict future performance, not with this team.

br801 said:

You have confidence in cooney and roberson playing well tonite?

You have confidence in cooney and roberson playing well tonite?
Absolutely. UNC's uptempo style of play suits both of them well, and Cooney has had good games against them in the past.

br801 said:
Absolutely. UNC's uptempo style of play suits both of them well, and Cooney has had good games against them in the past.

Hope youre right cuz we're gonna need everyone to play well to win tonite. Theyve both been so bad recently i just dont have confidence theyre gonna go into a hostile enviornment against a stacked team and play well.

There is nothing more stressful than HAVING to win a game in your conference tourney (within the context of first world problems).

Agreed. If we get one more regular season win prior to selection Sunday, I'm fairly confident we're in the field.

If we lose out and HAVE to win one in the ACCT, I'm sweating bullets, since we're O-fer.

If we win one regular season game and an ACCT game, we're shoo ins.

I was scolded on here for not looking past fla st and assuming its all hunky-dory to lose it.

damn straight if we lose that game, barring a win tonight or 2 (maybe more) in the ACCT...that we are all not sweating absolute bullets on the 13th.

Agreed. If we get one more regular season win prior to selection Sunday, I'm fairly confident we're in the field.

If we lose out and HAVE to win one in the ACCT, I'm sweating bullets, since we're O-fer.

If we win one regular season game and an ACCT game, we're shoo ins.
That's exactly where I am. If we win at Florida State (no easy task) and 1 conference/tourney win, we're in (IMO). If we lose to both UNC and Fla state, we're on the bubble and would have to win 2-3 games in the ACC tourney to change the trajectory.

We're not going to beat UNC unless they have a world-class meltdown. Florida State is beatable, but the killer bees are going to have a field day at home. Beasley and Bacon are very talented players and I see the game as pick'em.

The committee has to pick 68 teams. The bubble is weak (especially with Louisville and SMU situations).

We're in better shape than most think. I think one more win of any kind gets it done.

The committee has to pick 68 teams. The bubble is weak (especially with Louisville and SMU situations).

We're in better shape than most think. I think one more win of any kind gets it done.

One probably does get it done, but I won't be able to handle the stress if we get just one. :(

If there's one thing we can count on, it's their inconsistency. Cooney & Mal & Roberson are due to become good at any moment. Past performance does not predict future performance, not with this team.
The most consistently inonsistent trio we've had in a while

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom