Will we have enough players? | Syracusefan.com

Will we have enough players?

Zero buzz about the vaunted extra days of practice. Who’s playing who’s skipping? Do we still have beat reporters?

If they weren’t playing, they will likely announce that they are portaling or entering the NFL draft

The core of this team is very tight, some of them realize that this may be their last game they ever play of football again

Most of our team plans on playing in the bowl

Zero buzz about the vaunted extra days of practice. Who’s playing who’s skipping? Do we still have beat reporters?
It is an interesting question.

Biggest issues to me are at QB (of course) and at DE.

As far as I know, at the end of the season, we had Thompson, Caleb and Jobity left at DE.

Lockett was hurt late and it looked pretty serious.

Jaquez got hurt pretty seriously again.

I think Chase Simmons had a pretty serious injury late.

We might have to go with a DT at DE. Maybe Rashard Perry can give us some minutes there? I would love to see what he could do at DE now. If not him (he might need to sit out to retain his redshirt), maybe we give Jalil Smith a try?

It is an interesting question.

Biggest issues to me are at QB (of course) and at DE.

As far as I know, at the end of the season, we had Thompson, Caleb and Jobity left at DE.

Lockett was hurt late and it looked pretty serious.

Jaquez got hurt pretty seriously again.

I think Chase Simmons had a pretty serious injury late.

We might have to go with a DT at DE. Maybe Rashard Perry can give us some minutes there? I would love to see what he could do at DE now. If not him (he might need to sit out to retain his redshirt), maybe we give Jalil Smith a try?
They already burned Perry's redshirt

Good points.

Are Emily and Axe still covering the team? News?

Who are the coaches still working with the team for the bowl?

Any Shrader status news?
Unless released current staff is contractually obligated to finish out the season.

Word here is that Shrader had surgery. If thats the case he’s done.

That's where he should have been this year, rather than as a blocking back in short yardage.
He got hurt doing that vs GT I believe. Hopefully he’s available.

Bitching about him playing in short yardage is ridiculous. He helped score pts. If kids can contribute, play them. Worrying about redshirts in this day and age is silly.

I’m really happy that this group of seniors get to go out with a bowl. But the atmosphere surrounding Babers’ dismissal and the excitement of FB and recruiting has to be putting a damper on their enthusiasm. I worry they feel cast aside and will end up just mailing it in. I hope not.

I’m really happy that this group of seniors get to go out with a bowl. But the atmosphere surrounding Babers’ dismissal and the excitement of FB and recruiting has to be putting a damper on their enthusiasm. I worry they feel cast aside and will end up just mailing it in. I hope not.

For a lot of them, these practices and bowl game are essentially a try out

It’s worth it to put 100% effort IF you want to stick around at Cuse

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
granthath9

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom