William Patterson to the Portal | Page 8 | Syracusefan.com

William Patterson to the Portal

Some might remember this story.

Part 1:
The Aggravating Story Of How My Alma Mater Is Killing My Startup

Part 2:

Part 3:
Wow. Yeah, I can identify. I have a couple of ‘related’ businesses, and sometimes get threatening messaging from people trying to assert rights they don’t have.

Here, sure, the school, has the right to not carry/sell the line. The school doesn’t/shouldn’t have the right to squelch use of the word “Syracuse” alone or unregistered derivatives that don’t impact marks it does own. Overreach, absolutely. Especially, as noted, the brand didn’t exploit SU’s typographic treatments, imagery, or colors.

Bad look from the ‘premier communications school.’

Sounds like she got the last laugh in life, but bad look from SU. They come off as an incredible bully.

They are. That's why I hate those guys. They have their clients lie in affidavits. Bond Schoeneck was where half the judges worked as lawyers. They represent all the biggest institutions in town.

They are generally the George W. Bush of lawyers.
They have all the advantages and think they're brilliant, funny, and fine dancers, too.

They are. That's why I hate those guys. They have their clients lie in affidavits. Bond Schoeneck was where half the judges worked as lawyers. They represent all the biggest institutions in town.

They are generally the George W. Bush of lawyers.
They have all the advantages and think they're brilliant, funny, and fine dancers, too.
I have no problem with Bond, but I have heard their equity partner pay is very low compared to what you would think. Going off intel from like 5 years ago so who knows, maybe they changed how things flow.

Is there a realistic chance of him returning to Cuse? Haven't seen him linked with any other program yet.

We weren’t battling many schools for him in high school and the portal isn’t knocking on his door either. Obviously, he’s probably not going to be a big factor no matter where he lands.

We weren’t battling many schools for him in high school and the portal isn’t knocking on his door either. Obviously, he’s probably not going to be a big factor no matter where he lands.
We don't know either of these things to be true.

She did't even use school colors. We assigned the mark to the university on the promise that they would sell the clothing. They placed one order, never put her in their online store, and basically took the mark.

She is now the Managing Editor of Fortune magazine. Her husband sold a sports online community much like ours to Fox Sports.
Another potential NIL contributor down the drain.

I think he was prevented from opening the restaurant. I just googled and there's no restaurant that he owns called 44's, or 44 The Legend.

He also has a black banner on his Twitter saying something like 'You Can't Stop People From Helping the Community", so it sounds like he's pissed.

If anyone knows how to contact him, I would represent him for free. I can't stand those guys at Bond Schoeneck. They're a bunch of over-reaching @ssholes.
Tell us how you really feel. LOL. Good luck in your fight. I understand the university's position, and how successful the university brand has been over the years, but DC has been an unpaid, very public cheerleader for the school since 1986.

7'2 and I guess 19 years old, played for a respectable AAU team, NY Lightening, and high school - the Patrick School. A year red shirted and practice/coaching on an ACC team. With that resume, he should be able to land at a D1 program some time this summer.

7'2 and I guess 19 years old, played for a respectable AAU team, NY Lightening, and high school - the Patrick School. A year red shirted and practice/coaching on an ACC team. With that resume, he should be able to land at a D1 program some time this summer.
With 7'2" in his resume, somebody will pick him up.

What's Gerry waiting for? He'd be depth at Siena. Unless he's not even that.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KD95

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom