Wimbledon | Syracusefan.com

Wimbledon

I have a hard time watching tennis for 5 mins let alone hrs, I used to love it, was a big federer fan and back and the day agassi.

Five hours of non-stop grunting. I will miss Federer.

I only got hooked in the fifth set when it was already 8-7, but I didn't hear any grunting.

Federer's not going anywhere yet -- coasted today in 3 sets, into the quarters.

Rooting for Venus.

To me, Grand Slam tennis is the second most-exciting sport next to The Association. Then give me some world-class track and field, particularly the sprints.

I only got hooked in the fifth set when it was already 8-7, but I didn't hear any grunting.
Nadal is a notorious grunter as is seemingly everyone other than Federer. Perhaps Nadal has changed his ways. I haven't been paying attention.

What did that take, 27 minutes? Thought Cilic was going to have to bow out after the 2nd set.

Federer doesn't lose a set the entire tournament. Amazing. 3 weeks shy of his 36th birthday.

The GOAT. Fact that he's nearly 36 and performing at this level is impressive and encouraging as someone way, way older than 36 who's fixated on fitness and the gym. Thirty-six was retirement home age for tennis players not all that long ago.

And the women's Wimbledon runner-up, Venus Williams, is a year older than Rajah. She might've lost to a hot up-and-coming youngblood, but Venus is far from done. She's not Willie Mays falling down at Shea Stadium.

And, while we're on the topic of athletes aging better today than they used to, look at the NBA, hell, 40-year-old Vince Carter still has strong market value. LeBron'll be 33 with a whole lotta miles on him and playing his 15th season later this year and he's still got pretty good game.

The General Joy of Roger Federer, Wimbledon Champion Once Again

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom