Win it all = Finally Peace | Syracusefan.com

Win it all = Finally Peace

Nicknack

All Conference
Winning it all in '03 helped tremendously, but, I still think about '87 as well as the year Melo wasn't able to write a paper and the year that Arinze got hurt in the Big East tourney. One, if not two of those years should have resulted in a Nat Championship bringing our total up to where a team of our caliber should really be.

So... as I think about what it would mean to win it all this year (instead of working, of course), I really believe that I would finally be at complete peace with where we are with championships. I don't believe I would look back any longer at those years the same with what-if's. This year would be pulling one out of our back-end, much like our friends (from that state whose state animal is a sperm whale) have done. Winning one when it isn't expected would right the wrong, so to speak, at least for me.

Let's go boys, let's do this thing!

I agree. I can already die in peace after 2003 but I'd rest eternally a little more comfortably if we got another one. Not that I want to go anytime soon, of course.

As I've become older I realize more and more that each team, each year, each run is just... different.
I saw my beloved NY Giants win their 1st Supe w/ Simms/LT/Bavaro/Banks/Carson et al. A couple of years later, Jeff Hostetler repeated in the Scott Norwood game. When they lost to Ray Lewis' Ravens in Strahan's first try, it hurt just as bad as ever, and beating those cheatin' rat-ba$turd Pats (18-1 BABY!!) twice ;), was amazing.
You NEVER get satisfied with winning. Yes, the first time, like falling in love, losing your virginity, getting married, etc. is special.
But every time one of my rooting interests gets close...I want more! Call me greedy!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
purelytd

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom