With RISPI I think the production would better with singles rather than swinging for the fences | Syracusefan.com

With RISPI I think the production would better with singles rather than swinging for the fences

CaliCuse

All American
Home runs are great but they are less frequent than simply putting the bat on the ball a getting a run in with the old and valued single. Tex is guilty of looking for the big hit when a smaller version does enough to win games.If Jacoby starts an inning and gets to second with NO outs. That MUST become a run. Get him to third and just get the bat on the ball to bring him in . Too many times ,it doesn't happen. Talk about effn frustration thats one of the big ones.

Home runs are great but they are less frequent than simply putting the bat on the ball a getting a run in with the old and valued single. Tex is guilty of looking for the big hit when a smaller version does enough to win games.If Jacoby starts an inning and gets to second with NO outs. That MUST become a run. Get him to third and just get the bat on the ball to bring him in . Too many times ,it doesn't happen. Talk about effn frustration thats one of the big ones.
Of course you're right. But ... "Chicks dig the long ball." My pet peeve - "Why do hitters constantly try to pull the ball, regardless of where the pitch is and regardless of how stupid they look hitting a weak grounder, instead of going with it to the opposite field?" In my baseball fantasy dream world, I'm a .300 hitter who constantly sends gappers to the wall on 3 hops. Screw HRs.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom