without Dixon, | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

without Dixon,

I agree that their press did bother us a little. I think the last 10-12 minutes of the game, the dominating theme was we were just trying to kill clock. That was more disruptive than their press.

One thing about this team though: they miss a lot of plays. There are many times where there is a pass that could be made, a drive that could be done, etc that is just missed by our players. All have been guilty of it, and hopefully it will improve. But for now, that weakness does make it hard for us to really force the action and take advantage when the other team presses or overplays in one part of their defense.

I have no doubt the next Pitt game will be very different than this one. But I'm just going to enjoy this one right now.

No doubt HoustonCuse. I would like to note the "kill the clock" part of your reply. I have never liked this idea, and going forward we need to continue to score the basketball. In ACC basketball, no lead is safe and we are still not good enough to "play not to lose" rather than to win.

No doubt HoustonCuse. I would like to note the "kill the clock" part of your reply. I have never liked this idea, and going forward we need to continue to score the basketball. In ACC basketball, no lead is safe and we are still not good enough to "play not to lose" rather than to win.
JB has always looked to worked the clock when playing with a lead, particularly if he is going with an extremely short bench. He's been quite successful winning games with this approach, so it's unlikely he will deviate from this strategy now.

They outscored us by 10 in the 2nd half. Their full court press got us out of rhythm and I think it'll be very hard to win the rematch unless we anticipate their adjustments.
We didn't try to score the last 10 minutes

What else, besides the basketball, would one score in the game of basketball?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom