Without Mali - Back on Bubble says Lunardi | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Without Mali - Back on Bubble says Lunardi

The problem is that many casual (or even hardcore college fans that are not really into bracketology), totally trust him. Just google "Joe Lunardi angry at the selection committee.", and you see many that think he is a real expert on the stuff. Just one example below.

Joe Lunardi is not happy with the NCAA Tournament selection committee

People heavy into doing brackets think Joe is not that great. And fans that have taken some time to evaluate a few others have learned that there are much better alternatives than Joe.

If last year taught us anything, it's that you're the one we should listen to! Some people ended up with a little egg on their face :)

Lunardi knows nothing about the game, he knows very little about the teams. His Bracketology is based on data. Data that he won't have until November, and data that won't mean anything until January. The fact that he is trying to project the field is comical. He has to know that he is embarrassing himself, right?
He's probably not too embarrassed to cash those ESPN checks. I, however, am embarrassed that I actually read and posted in this thread.

one guy is trying to track hundreds of players and merge that with hundreds of peoples opinions and meld that with what happens when 1 variable changes. a team can draft the same 2 players in different orders and cause the draft to totally change for multiple teams. the other is trying to guess what a dozen people think about 5-10 teams.

I can't seem to find who Lunardi has us playing in the first round of the NIT. Can anyone help a brother out? Will it even been a home game? How am I supposed to book a hotel room? I only have 8 1/2 months until the game, people!

I know it's early and means nothing but wow ESPN employees has us everywhere. We were ranked 25th yesterday... which would give us about a 6 seed in tournament and now we are putting 10th which would make us ranked around 40th. Pretty big difference

At least a handful of us posters did a better job leading up to Selection Sunday last March than Lunardi did. Then instead of owning it, he got butt-hurt about it and attacked the committee. His credibility should have been completely shot at that point.

That said, I fully expect and don't mind Syracuse being under the radar going into 2016-17. No one really expects Lydon to be the star he will be, and that's okay.

Dave85 said:
This comment never gets old and can be used in so many places!

And I can just picture his smug little rat face saying it.

I don't mind doing bracketology now its strictly for clicks. I have a problem with ESPN making this a$$clown their expert. He is awful and has an agenda in his analysis rather than just breaking things down by the numbers. He cherry picks the good for who he likes and then will ignore those same metrics for a team he doesn't want to include. He just bad at his job.

JNCuse could do his job more accurately. I hate when ESPN uses his analysis in the bottom line like so will be in with aut. Lunardi doesn't know crap. He didn't include us last year based strictly on his opinion and not on the facts.

Alsacs said:
I don't mind doing bracketology now its strictly for clicks. I have a problem with ESPN making this a$$clown their expert. He is awful and has an agenda in his analysis rather than just breaking things down by the numbers. He cherry picks the good for who he likes and then will ignore those same metrics for a team he doesn't want to include. He just bad at his job.

JNCuse could do his job more accurately. I hate when ESPN uses his analysis in the bottom line like so will be in with aut. Lunardi doesn't know crap. He didn't include us last year based strictly on his opinion and not on the facts.

Totally agree, the dude knows nothing about basketball. His bracketology is dependent upon numbers, so he should shut up until January.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom