wonder... | Syracusefan.com

wonder...

BillSU

All American
how JB will describe this game in his presser? Bet he says we have a lot to work on to be where we should be at this point.

IMHO we played one of our best games yet. From the tip energy, crisp passing, drives to the basket and score,(Tyus), good shooting, 17 - 2 early lead. We 'd better play like this or better going into conference play. First game at the greenies, (can't stand ND, who annointed them America's team?) then Clemson and Tech at home. We should win those games, we better.

Tough to shoot better: 58.0%, forcing 25 TO's, 17 steals. Tyus with 21, Hughes 16, Boeheim 12, Dolezaj 9

After today's game Marek should play instead of Chukwu. He showed some skills today.

GOSU :)

After today's game Marek should play instead of Chukwu. He showed some skills today.

I am not convinced that we can win with MD at center, but after watching PC the last 5 or 6 games I am just not sure what we are getting from him. If its anything positive it is rare and certainly not consistent.

I think we should start MD give him the opportunity to stay on the court for as long as he is contributing, than go to PC as a defensive replacement. Mix BS in based on the flow of the game and give him the opportunity to become the primary defensive replacement if he can outplay PC. But we should start using PC the way that JB used Jeremy McNeil and Baye in past years, as defensive subs, and to eat minutes when foul trouble occurs. I really don't think we want two of MD, PC and BS on the court if we can help it.

St. Bonaventure was really really bad and PC didn't really even resemble an offensive threat. When we try to involve him nothing good comes of it. It's time to move on, we are limited as long as he is a starter.

That was a great first half! I didn’t realize Battle hit every shot he took, and he went 5-6 from the free throw line. We were vastly improved in that area as a team. There was good energy on the team, although it waned after we scored 70. There was a nice sized crowd today and good energy as well. However, the team didn’t need us, and that was okay.

My daughter bought a “relaxed beer” at the half, as opposed to “anxiety beer.” Probably last relaxed beer of the season for her.

Oh boy, here we go! (Daughter and I will be flying back from Louisville during the Notre Dame game. We are staging a surprise visit for the cousins!)

how JB will describe this game in his presser? Bet he says we have a lot to work on to be where we should be at this point.

IMHO we played one of our best games yet. From the tip energy, crisp passing, drives to the basket and score,(Tyus), good shooting, 17 - 2 early lead. We 'd better play like this or better going into conference play. First game at the greenies, (can't stand ND, who annointed them America's team?) then Clemson and Tech at home. We should win those games, we better.

Tough to shoot better: 58.0%, forcing 25 TO's, 17 steals. Tyus with 21, Hughes 16, Boeheim 12, Dolezaj 9

Dolezaj should (and will) play when the matchups dictate. The same applies to Chukwu. Until Dolezaj starts looking more aggressively for his shot, you probably won't see the two of them on the court together for extended minutes.

Possibly the best passing and cutting I’ve seen from a Boeheim team in years. I didn’t think St. Bona would be this bad. They REALLY miss those players from last year. That’s as sloppy a performance as one will see. Nice to see the team relatively engaged from the start. Hopefully they can duplicate the effort and activity moving forward.

As mentioned above gotta play Marek as much as possible or until he just can’t hold up down there against certain matchups. The Centers look to be beyond repair.

Dolezaj should (and will) play when the matchups dictate. The same applies to Chukwu. Until Dolezaj starts looking more aggressively for his shot, you probably won't see the two of them on the court together for extended minutes.

Dolezaj was aggressive today. I don't think and never did that both he and Chukwu would be on the court together - bad.

Chukwu just doesn't get it in some games. He was timid today IMO, gave a rebound to the opposition after going up to get it. He's just taking up space.

JB has tried but Paschal's playing personality is not one of aggressive competitiveness which is required of a Center.

Marek has more of what JB needs plus he can shoot the ball and as he is getting more minutes, if he can set his feet, plus goes after loose balls, etc. shoots the ball well as opposed to Chukwu who you have to hope he will hit a turn around jumper or hook, Right now he's there only to block shots and hope get rebounds. It's an enigma; the other night he 's playing well and gets 13 rebounds, today he's a high school player!??

Last edited:
Dolezaj was aggressive today. I don't think and never did that both he and Chukwu would be on the court together - bad.

Chukwu just doesn't get it in some games. He was timid today IMO, gave a rebound to the opposition after going up to get it. He's just taking up space.

JB has tried but Paschal's playing personality is not one of aggressive competitiveness which is required of a Center.

Marek has more of what JB needs plus he can shoot the ball and as he is getting more minutes, if he can set his feet, plus goes after loose balls, etc. shoots the ball well as opposed to Chukwu who you have to hope he will hit a turn around jumper or hook, Right now he's there only to block shots and hope get rebounds. It's an enigma; the other night he 's playing well and gets 13 rebounds today he's a high school player!??
Dolezaj and Chukwu (and Howard and Brissett for that matter) are enigmatic performers for sure, but Chukwu becoming the defensive and rebounding force he was at times down the stretch last season will be critical in determining how far this team can advance, IMO.

Hope they keep trying to push the ball like they did in this game. My biggest beef with Chukwu is his refusal or inability to keep his hands up on both offense or defense. The team today improved keeping their hands up and being active to deflect passes. Our defense is made to impede and deflect passes , defending the passing lanes has been poor. Was better today but still needs improvement. We need active hands, quick feet on defense to deflect passes, get steals, create turnovers - it’s why we recruit length and long arms - they have to use their physical advantages on defense to help create these easy baskets on offense.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RDembowski

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom