Woody Newton | Page 7 | Syracusefan.com

Woody Newton

Status
Not open for further replies.
When JB leaves the cupboards bare, he should absolutely be blamed
In college hoops cupboards can be stocked in one, maybe two classes. That’s not going to be much of a grace period. Don’t get me wrong, I’ll be rooting for whomever eventually takes over. But either way, college basketball feels like a very different world than it did even three or four years ago.

a little misleading. he didn't lose Q he could come back if he isn't what the pros are looking for. He didn't lose Marek. He just wants to move on. Sid might be back. So, who did he lose? he lost guys that weren't starting. Braswell, JBA and Kadary. With Frank and Woody probably still to come. 5 non starters. of the group, only Kadary is a big, big loss. I like Braswell a lot. Wished he stayed. It's not a good thing for the program. But I think schools are losing starters all over the place. Let alone subs.
You always know just what to say to make me feel better

So, if a student, a very promising student, says I don't want to have Brian as a teacher. i'm leaving this school. And by the way, in this world, that isn't so far fetched as we know. It would be your fault?
The onus should always be on the leadership group to evaluate, attract, integrate, teach, motivate and retain.

It is the foundation of any successful organization be it public or private. It is especially true in highly competitive environments.

Restrictive environments artificially mask issues that will eventually manifest themselves.

In college hoops cupboards can be stocked in one, maybe two classes. That’s not going to be much of a grace period. Don’t get me wrong, I’ll be rooting for whomever eventually takes over. But either way, college basketball feels like a very different world than it did even three or four years ago.
So, by the time JB is nearly 80. Fantastic

...out-of-place in a southern conference (that in and of itself hasn’t been very good the past few years)
A slight exaggeration. No doubt the ACC was down this year but the last time there was a tournament the ACC had 3 #1 seeds. Each of the 2 prior tournaments they had 3 of the top 8 seeds and last year they would have had a #1 (FSU) along with 3 other 4 seeds or better. The ACC will rise again.

So, by the time JB is nearly 80. Fantastic
Huh? I was speaking of his eventually replacement. It’s not like if he inherits a bad roster he needs a five-year plan to overhaul it. The issue I was referring to is I’m not sure who this program will attract as a replacement and what our ceiling actually is currently. It’s a very weird time.

A slight exaggeration. No doubt the ACC was down this year but the last time there was a tournament the ACC had 3 #1 seeds. Each of the 2 prior tournaments they had 3 of the top 8 seeds and last year they would have had a #1 (FSU) along with 3 other 4 seeds or better. The ACC will rise again.
This was not a good top-to-bottom conference last year or this year and the schools in the northern portion (BC, cuse, Pitt) have been limping (or playing dead in BC’s case). I just wonder if basketball is following football in funneling a lot of talent to the SEC and B1G. Not sure just ... wondering

Imagine if Buddy hadn't gotten red hot in front of a national audience during the highest rated games of the first weekend. Noones ever got on him but he'd have to be drawing some of the ire that is going JG3s way for his special treatment from the coach.

Looks like the team is straight up pissed off at the nepotism shown to these 2. Everyone might have to leave for adding Jimmy Jr to not be a kick in the nuts to the other players given the sentiment.
Ok, Joe is one thing. But buddy?

Buddy from feb. thru the end of the year: 20.5 ppg on 48/45/83. I can see why they’re all pissed.

Several good posts in this and many other threads today. Lets just say it has been frustrating at the least. We were warned by Dasher about something we did not want to hear and BINGO it happened. Good info Dasher...sorry I doubted you. We know we have at least two or three more shoes to fall - Woody, Frank, and AG. But then we can start rebuilding. As said above, this has been a wide open, free for all this year. Let's not base a bunch of 19 and 20 year olds decisions on logic. They all looked at a free pass from wherever they were at to their dream school. Good luck to all of them. As older and more life savvy fans, we need to look reasonably at what actually is happening. A good number of the kids thing they are one and done at the worst two and out of here. At the best these kids are here for 4 years. That is a damn short time to get a good education to us but to an 18 or 19 year old, that is long time. Then add on top of that the disaster year 2020-2021 Covid restrictions and freshman year in college had to be the pits. Now give them the "golden ticket" to move on and do over again....tell me who does not want to get out of the current jail? Look around, the portal system is swamped, adding more every day. Yes, we have problems within our program at Syracuse but let's build a new roster with players that want to be here. We can spend hours upon hours criticizing what happened and why, but time marches on. Let's reload and start preparing for next year. LETS GO ORANGE!

Several good posts in this and many other threads today. Lets just say it has been frustrating at the least. We were warned by Dasher about something we did not want to hear and BINGO it happened. Good info Dasher...sorry I doubted you. We know we have at least two or three more shoes to fall - Woody, Frank, and AG. But then we can start rebuilding. As said above, this has been a wide open, free for all this year. Let's not base a bunch of 19 and 20 year olds decisions on logic. They all looked at a free pass from wherever they were at to their dream school. Good luck to all of them. As older and more life savvy fans, we need to look reasonably at what actually is happening. A good number of the kids thing they are one and done at the worst two and out of here. At the best these kids are here for 4 years. That is a damn short time to get a good education to us but to an 18 or 19 year old, that is long time. Then add on top of that the disaster year 2020-2021 Covid restrictions and freshman year in college had to be the pits. Now give them the "golden ticket" to move on and do over again...tell me who does not want to get out of the current jail? Look around, the portal system is swamped, adding more every day. Yes, we have problems within our program at Syracuse but let's build a new roster with players that want to be here. We can spend hours upon hours criticizing what happened and why, but time marches on. Let's reload and start preparing for next year. LETS GO ORANGE!
solid post!

It is. Beat this, i was at a Senator JFK rally in 1960. i don't remember a thing about it but I do remember election night.
I have a 1960 JFK for President poster on my wall. That's the best I can do.

Honestly, I'm at a bit of a loss right now. I know two moves and they aren't going to set the world a fire. My hope is in the improvement in the kids that are still here. A combo of Buddy and Benny is a good scoring start. And I have and have had high hopes for Jess since he got here. I would be very surprised if we landed Powell. For one thing, I'm not sure we are willing to work that hard. I can't hope I am wrong anymore about that than I do. The same way I felt about Kadary leaving. I'm encouraged that Woody hasn't left yet. Today would have been a good day for that. I don't know, maybe Braswell leaving has him thinking there are only 3 forwards on this team right now. We will see.
Why do we all assume that Benny will play here? Our recent history with 5* recruits that committed is 0-2. He'd be entering a roster that is clearly in turmoil. I don't really see the appeal in him honoring his commitment at this point.

Woody scrubbed all cuse stuff from his social media Just like Richmond did after the final game. It was pretty obvious Kadary was gone just like it won’t be a surprise Woody leaves.

don’t get me wrong I am a fan and all but I can’t believe all the people losing sleep over this.

Woody scrubbed all cuse stuff from his social media Just like Richmond did after the final game. It was pretty obvious Kadary was gone just like it won’t be a surprise Woody leaves.

don’t get me wrong I am a fan and all but I can’t believe all the people losing sleep over this.
In fact, Woody scrubbed Cuse from his social media a long time ago.

So you don’t care when 90 pct of the team isn’t returning next year ?

From what supposedly happened on IG last night, he seemed more than happy to use social media to clown around about the program and possibly the fans. If true, I am not at all disappointed with him leaving.

Woodys social media was scrubbed for weeks

Anybody have anymore information about Frank, Kadary and Woody on Instagram trolling the fans last night?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
whodatnatn

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom