World Cup Thread | Page 11 | Syracusefan.com

World Cup Thread

If Belgium wins the cup a big reason will be because they have the best goalie in the WC.

Although Courtois is all world and helps their side, I don't think he is the best keeper in the WC... best of the 4 left, sure. But overall, no. I still think it is David De Gea. Belgium is quality all over the pitch including between the pipes, but their counterattacking is on another level from everyone else. Belgium-France is going to be a treat. The other side is playing for second...

Although Courtois is all world and helps their side, I don't think he is the best keeper in the WC... best of the 4 left, sure. But overall, no. I still think it is David De Gea. Belgium is quality all over the pitch including between the pipes, but their counterattacking is on another level from everyone else. Belgium-France is going to be a treat. The other side is playing for second...
De Gea is the best IMO but Courtois and Allison are right up there. I think when healthy it’s either De Gea or Neuer from Bayern as best in the world.
Also Buffon just signed with PSG and he is old but up there.

Courtois was huge, and love him, and agree De Gea is better. And yes, Neuer is excellent and Buffon still got it. But Allison? Didn’t impress (and I’m a former goalie). On the other hand think Pickford has done very well and Subasic too. We’ll see who’s the best of the 3 of the remaining 4. (Lloris is shaky and it may cost them against Belgium).

Courtois was huge, and love him, and agree De Gea is better. And yes, Neuer is excellent and Buffon still got it. But Allison? Didn’t impress (and I’m a former goalie). On the other hand think Pickford has done very well and Subasic too. We’ll see who’s the best of the 3 of the remaining 4. (Lloris is shaky and it may cost them against Belgium).
Allison wasn’t challenged this WC but he is good.
Brazil was dominant till they ran into Belgium.
He only faced 4 shots in net the first 4 matches.

He is an elite keeper. All the big clubs with keeper issues are lusting after him. He is after De Gea, Neuer, Courtois, Buffon but up a top keeper.

Allison wasn’t challenged this WC but he is good.
Brazil was dominant till they ran into Belgium.
He only faced 4 shots in net the first 4 matches.

He is an elite keeper. All the big clubs with keeper issues are lusting after him. He is after De Gea, Neuer, Courtois, Buffon but up a top keeper.
Thanks for the tip, will keep an eye on him. Haven’t kept up with Euro leagues lately aside from the Champions Cup and the Euro Championships.

Thanks for the tip, will keep an eye on him. Haven’t kept up with Euro leagues lately aside from the Champions Cup and the Euro Championships.
No prob Real Madrid, Liverpool and Chelsea all want Allison from Roma.

So he is likely on the move to a big club.

Real Madrid is going after Courtois.

Wait, Chelsea want to replace Courtois with Alisson? Why? And yeah, already looked him up and saw he was at Roma. Or is it because as Bees said Real is going after Courtois?

Wait, Chelsea want to replace Courtois with Alisson? Why? And yeah, already looked him up and saw he was at Roma. Or is it because as Bees said Real is going after Courtois?

Courtois doesn't want to stay with Chelsea and is very interested in Real Madrid's desire to acquire him. Supposedly something will happen soon after the WC.

All tied up......Harry Kane having a great game thus far. lol

I didn’t expect to be rooting against England, but here I am.
When an Serie A player goes down like he's been shot, it's because he's trying to get the ref to call a foul.

When an EPL player goes down like he's been shot, it's because he's been shot.

England wasn't a great side... Well deserved for Croatia though.

Kind of a weak World Cup this go. But man it's entertaining.

Well I have been wrong plenty this WC but I like France over Croatia.

That extra time is why the sport will never take off in North America.....my god they can make the end of what should be something exciting insanely excruciating to watch.

As much as I love the sport it is beyond awful at times.

That extra time is why the sport will never take off in North America...my god they can make the end of what should be something exciting insanely excruciating to watch.

As much as I love the sport it is beyond awful at times.
Excrutiating is a good word to describe it. If you live and die with your team (Club or Country), holding on or trying to equalize or win as time is winding down is one of the most intense experiences in spectator sports.

In the end Pickford had a bit of Karma having Mandzukic get the winner after he taunted him while down. Another fun game to watch.

I think Croatia's midfield is going to be a problem for France. With that said the French are very good defensively in the air and I do expect them to take it home. Also is kind of a bummer the old boys rivalry of countries is not out there for a Modern day World Cup final.

Was rooting for Belgium-Croatia, but half a wish is better than none. Should be an exciting final. Well deserved for Croatia, England looked much better for the first 20 mins or so of the first half, but Croatia picked it up afterwards and didn’t let up in the 2nd. All the talk of tired legs after 3 extra times in a row, and it was the Lions who turned into lambs. They looked spent most of the rest of the game. Perisic should’ve put them out of their misery long before extra time (stupid post). Letting Mandzukic slip in behind two defenders was a monumental mental lapse. But all the goals were magnificent regardless. Great match!

Would be awesome if Croatia won. You think about how much those Slavic nation's have been through...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom