Wow anyone watching LSU- South Carolina | Syracusefan.com

Wow anyone watching LSU- South Carolina

Cheriehoop

Moderator/ 2019-20 Iggy Winner Reg Season Rcd
Fighting, pushing, ejections - 5 for LSU and 4 for South Carolina, Cardosa thrown out and will be out of the 1st round of the NCAA’s for fighting (she ran over and pushed down an LSU player retaliating for that LSU player pushing a SC player). Uggh dumb stuff.

Cardosa made her biggest shot in her career yesterday and she probably had her second biggest shot today when she knocked the LSU girl on her keister.

Cardosa made her biggest shot in her career yesterday and she probably had her second biggest shot today when she knocked the LSU girl on her keister.
Dumb though - knew she was toast.

Was hoping they’d settle it with a mid court head coaches cage match. Mulkey is a loud mouth bully and Staley would go OG on her.
Lots of big personalities on both teams. Could conceivably see a rematch going forward.

Fighting, pushing, ejections - 5 for LSU and 4 for South Carolina, Cardosa thrown out and will be out of the 1st round of the NCAA’s for fighting (she ran over and pushed down an LSU player retaliating for that LSU player pushing a SC player). Uggh dumb stuff.
Tells me that both coaches have no control over their teams

Utterly shocked that two teams coached by Kim Mulkey and Dawn Staley would be involved in such a skirmish. These two make Geno Auriemma appear very likeable. Btw the players ejected will only miss the first half of the first NCAA game and not the whole game.

Utterly shocked that two teams coached by Kim Mulkey and Dawn Staley would be involved in such a skirmish. These two make Geno Auriemma appear very likeable. Btw the players ejected will only miss the first half of the first NCAA game and not the whole game.
Only Cardosa who was charged with fighting - the others just ejected for that game for leaving the bench area.

Only Cardosa who was charged with fighting - the others just ejected for that game for leaving the bench area.
I've read so many conflicting reports that I'm not sure what the penalties are here. Full game, half game, no game.

That's correct. So my understanding is only Cardosa is out for the next game and it's for the entire game. Leaving the bench is just ejection, but nothing more, is my understanding.

Last edited:
Surprised at the dislikes to this post. These are two of the bigger jerks in collegiate sports. I'm sorry, thought that was well understood.

Btw I love when coaches and players say "that's not who we are" after exhibiting very poor behavior.

Sadly a reflection of the state of things. Suspend both coaches for one game in the NCAA if you want to really try and change this trajectory.
Or tell them sorry, try again next year. That would clean things up today.

Anyone remember the old Big East days? SU v Georgetown had multiple skirmishes that included technicals, ejections and both coaches yelling at each other. These are the things that strengthen rivalries.

Anyone remember the old Big East days? SU v Georgetown had multiple skirmishes that included technicals, ejections and both coaches yelling at each other. These are the things that strengthen rivalries.

Fans getting into it too? These are also the kind of things that escalate into someone bringing a weapon though too. Times are different and self discipline is too…

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom