WOW!!!! Marcus Paige is coming back to North Carolina | Syracusefan.com

WOW!!!! Marcus Paige is coming back to North Carolina

Not if Tyler Ennis returns!

Ennis would have to up his scoring quite a bit. Something I really don't want to see go up THAT much. Paige could average 20+ a game next season.

I asked the question in another thread - NBA gurus help me out here - how isn't Paige more highly coveted than Ennis right now by league execs? Or is he? Or...

I asked the question in another thread - NBA gurus help me out here - how isn't Paige more highly coveted than Ennis right now by league execs? Or is he? Or...

I really like Paige's NBA future. He reminds me of a Jason Terry type instant offense player. Dangerous when he gets hot and very quick.

I really like Paige's NBA future. He reminds me of a Jason Terry type instant offense player. Dangerous when he gets hot and very quick.
And he's a lefty, too, I believe

Briancuse said:
That is good news for us, Ennis will probably follow suit.

Its actually bad news as that is one less player he has to compete with now.

Its actually bad news as that is one less player he has to compete with now.

I think that Paige might be ahead of Ennis, so Ennis might see that and decide he is better off coming back.

I think that Paige might be ahead of Ennis, so Ennis might see that and decide he is better off coming back.
ESPN draft profiles list Paige as a 2nd Rounder and Ennis as a Top 10 pick. In other words, no.

RichmondCuse said:
ESPN draft profiles list Paige as a 2nd Rounder and Ennis as a Top 10 pick. In other words, no.

Crazy.

Surprised they have such a high opinion of Ennis.

Love him, but I'd go with Paige.

Crazy.

Surprised they have such a high opinion of Ennis.

Love him, but I'd go with Paige.
Yeah, I just don't get the continued love affair the NBA has with TE at this point - especially compared to seemingly superior or at least equal talents like Paige.
I was able to fully concede last year at this time that MCW was understandably gonezo (even before the tourney I knew it) but I don't see it in Ennis at this point.
I guess I really don't understand how the NBA and its drafting tendencies work.

Yeah, I just don't get the continued love affair the NBA has with TE at this point - especially compared to seemingly superior or at least equal talents like Paige.
I was able to fully concede last year at this time that MCW was understandably gonezo (even before the tourney I knew it) but I don't see it in Ennis at this point.
I pretty much agree. I don't really get it, but the guys who are paid to cover the NBA Draft do, so I tend to trust what they say.

I honestly think we'll come to find out that the NBA doesn't have that big of a love affair with Ennis if he declares this year. I expect he'll slip to the 15-20 range by the time it's all said and done. I think he'll start to drop at the combine, and with more time to do their scouting after the season is over, NBA Scouts will start to notice that Ennis REALLY struggles to finish inside, isn't that great of a shooter, and is just a fine passer. His ball-handling abilities and management skills are great, but I think teams will start to see him as a guy that isn't really a difference-maker offensively while being below-average defensively.

Regarding the OP, as someone else mentioned, Paige is a projected 2nd rounder anyways. I think he has a chance to increase his draft stock by improving on his PG skills next year. The shooting is obviously already there, and he's got solid quickness.

Last time I brought this up it turned into a pretty big discussion/argument.

Ennis is a legit pass first PG who can run an offense as an 18 (19?) year old. Most PG's in today's game look for their own shot first. Paige is a terrific scorer, but he's not the best passer; he'd struggle in the league as a PG becaause he has trouble running an offense; and like someone said, he's small, if he wants to do anything in the league he has to be a 1. There's a bunch of dudes in college who can score but don't have a natural NBA position; Paige is one.

I honestly think we'll come to find out that the NBA doesn't have that big of a love affair with Ennis if he declares this year. I expect he'll slip to the 15-20 range by the time it's all said and done. I think he'll start to drop at the combine, and with more time to do their scouting after the season is over, NBA Scouts will start to notice that Ennis REALLY struggles to finish inside, isn't that great of a shooter, and is just a fine passer. His ball-handling abilities and management skills are great, but I think teams will start to see him as a guy that isn't really a difference-maker offensively while being below-average defensively.

Regarding the OP, as someone else mentioned, Paige is a projected 2nd rounder anyways. I think he has a chance to increase his draft stock by improving on his PG skills next year. The shooting is obviously already there, and he's got solid quickness.

Paige is more of a pure PG than shooter, he didn't score the year before. We HAD to play him at 2G part time this year, not because we wanted him there.

On a similar note, JMM is heavily leaning to returning for his senior season as well.

Paige is more of a pure PG than shooter, he didn't score the year before. We HAD to play him at 2G part time this year, not because we wanted him there.

On a similar note, JMM is heavily leaning to returning for his senior season as well.

Sorry, I didn't mean to imply that Paige is purely a gunner. I think his PG skills are a little underrated. But I think if he can get a little stronger and improve his management skills, he can take that next step and at least be talked about as a 20-30ish pick.

And regarding JMM, he might as well. His rise and fall as a draft prospect has been epic to watch. I'd be willing to take a shot on him in the 2nd round if he declared this year, but he has a lot to prove if he wants to get back into the first round picture.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RDembowski

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom