Wow... some quick thoughts about BC game and whole season | Syracusefan.com

Wow... some quick thoughts about BC game and whole season

Rocco

Watching you.
Dungey with 362 yards passing and 3 TDs. Rushes for another 3 TDs. Leads his team with that warrior persona.

Outgained them 559-356 yards. Like a bunch of bosses.

True Freshman Cisco with his 7th pick of the year.

True Freshman Trill Williams with a pick and a monster, Goldberg-esque tackle.

True Freshman Taj Harris with a TD grab.

Sean Riley with 165 total yards and a TD.

Strickland with 129 yards rushing and some spirited, tough runs to gain extra yards.

Our defense was in the backfield all day. They had 4 takeaways.

An ORANGE wave took over Chestnut Hill. Heard the LGO chants all game. Was a home game in Boston.

3 big-time defensive commitments this week. Add in the many underclassmen making significant contributions. Awesome.

We have a top 5 kicker in the country.

We're 9-3 (6-2 ACC) and headed for a very good bowl game that the nation will get to watch.

~15 extra practices to allow our coaches to keep developing all of this young talent.

Life is damn good as a Syracuse Football fan.

Thank you Dino, Dungey and the rest of the seniors. What a fun year.

Last edited:
Most importantly, this team is tougher than years past. I realize Shafer as DC and HC talked tough, and I even personally like that. But this team wore down the opposition after years of hard work in the weight room and on the field. They were the aggressors today. Just look at the games against BC over the last 3 years. BC wore SU down in '16 and '17 when we limped into those games with several injuries. This year we have been able to withstand the fewer injuries going into the end of the season and its the other teams that are folding down the stretch.

Dino's calming voice after the ND loss, when discussing how that experience which didn't break them will only make them stronger, shows the kind of leader he is and how he is molding this program. SU is tougher and it shows late in games and late in the season.

Talent is definitely on the upswing, but so is their toughness.

We eased off the gas in the 3rd quarter, Dungey left a lot on the field as we ran out the clock

Most importantly, this team is tougher than years past. I realize Shafer as DC and HC talked tough, and I even personally like that. But this team wore down the opposition after years of hard work in the weight room and on the field. They were the aggressors today. Just look at the games against BC over the last 3 years. BC wore SU down in '16 and '17 when we limped into those games with several injuries. This year we have been able to withstand the fewer injuries going into the end of the season and its the other teams that are folding down the stretch.

Edinger and his S&C staff deserve alot of credit for this. The workout program they deploy is clearly effective at getting our guys ready to battle. Strength, quickness, agility and speed are all on display every game.

Kudos to them.

Edinger and his S&C staff deserve alot of credit for this. The workout program they deploy is clearly effective at getting our guys ready to battle. Strength, quickness, agility and speed are all on display every game.

Kudos to them.

Agreed. No question. Big difference from what we were used to seeing before. Exactly the opposite is happening at USC where players are asking for tougher practices and some recent prospects and/or decommitments said, “They soft” in regards to USC.

Kudos to them.
I'm recalling the angst by some on this board when when HCDB brought in his S&C staff from Bowling Green to replace will Hicks.

Dungey with 362 yards passing and 3 TDs. Rushes for another 3 TDs. Leads his team with that warrior persona.

Outgained them 559-356 yards. Like a bunch of bosses.

True Freshman Cisco with his 7th pick of the year.

True Freshman Trill Williams with a pick and a monster, Goldberg-esque tackle.

True Freshman Taj Harris with a TD grab.

Sean Riley with 165 total yards and a TD.

Strickland with 129 yards rushing and some spirited, tough runs to gain extra yards.

Our defense was in the backfield all day. They had 4 takeaways.

An ORANGE wave took over Chestnut Hill. Heard the LGO chants all game. Was a home game in Boston.

3 big-time defensive commitments this week. Add in the many underclassmen making significant contributions. Awesome.

We have a top 5 kicker in the country.

We're 9-3 (6-2 ACC) and headed for a very good bowl game that the nation will get to watch.

15 extra practices to allow our coaches to keep developing all of this young talent.

Life is damn good as a Syracuse Football fan.

Thank you Dino, Dungey and the rest of the seniors. What a fun year.
Sorry you had 44 other likes and it should have stayed @ 44 ...but I made it 45

I'm recalling the angst by some on this board when when HCDB brought in his S&C staff from Bowling Green to replace will Hicks.

Good point.

Kudos to them.
Not to mention significant injuries have decreased each year

Dino's calming voice after the ND loss, when discussing how that experience which didn't break them will only make them stronger, shows the kind of leader he is and how he is molding this program. SU is tougher and it shows late in games and late in the season.

Talent is definitely on the upswing, but so is their toughness.
Dino beat BC in 16. Even dopey Shafer beat BC 2 of 3. We got beat bad at BC in 14 and got beat bad in Dome in 17.

Anyone else have trouble with the fans around them? I was told by the guy in front of me to stop “assaulting him with my knees” while being told to talk quieter while discussing the game with bnoro. Would’ve been slightly understandable if we hadn’t been completely sober.

Anyone else have trouble with the fans around them? I was told by the guy in front of me to stop “assaulting him with my knees” while being told to talk quieter while discussing the game with bnoro. Would’ve been slightly understandable if we hadn’t been completely sober.

Their fans were just pissy that Orange fans outnumbered them, and were certainly louder and more vocal than them. They be jealous.

BC football fans are notoriously odd bunch. They also have the worst game day experience / stadium in the ACC. Heck, there are some HS stadiums that are nicer.

I know this sounds crazy but is there a more valuable player in the ACC than Eric Dungey? How many games would this team have won without him? Nothing against DeVito but he could not have gotten done what Dungey did this year. A few plays from being 11-1.