Wow... some quick thoughts about BC game and whole season | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Wow... some quick thoughts about BC game and whole season

I know this sounds crazy but is there a more valuable player in the ACC than Eric Dungey? How many games would this team have won without him? Nothing against DeVito but he could not have gotten done what Dungey did this year. A few plays from being 11-1.

I don’t think TD would have had quite this season - but he’s also a RS freshman. And if we didn’t have him this season, we wouldn’t have 9 wins.

Team effort. Both QBs deserve respect. Tommy will have more moments.

I don’t think TD would have had quite this season - but he’s also a RS freshman. And if we didn’t have him this season, we wouldn’t have 9 wins.

Team effort. Both QBs deserve respect. Tommy will have more moments.
I wasn't disrespecting DeVito at all. He won the NC game for us. But Dungey made plays for the team game after game that saved us. All I'm saying is he deserves support for league MVP.

I know this sounds crazy but is there a more valuable player in the ACC than Eric Dungey? How many games would this team have won without him? Nothing against DeVito but he could not have gotten done what Dungey did this year. A few plays from being 11-1.

Like I said during the gameday thread, Dungey this year is our GMac from 2006. Sure, Devito did great against FSU and UNC, but without Dungey, hard to imagine this team winning as many games as they did.

Look at last year, Dungey almost singledhandedly kept us in the games at FSU, LSU, Miami and NC St. Without him, we would've been blown out.

I'm excited to see Devito & Amie duke it out next year, but will dearly miss watching Dungey. He brings a style of play and a type of sheer toughness to the game that simply cannot be taught.

I wasn't disrespecting DeVito at all. He won the NC game for us. But Dungey made plays for the team game after game that saved us. All I'm saying is he deserves support for league MVP.

I hear ya. I think my takeaway is that Dino clearly played that position correctly all season. He knows QBs. This is good.

Addazio said in the presser postgame that Dungey is the best QB in the conference. He said that he mentioned it weeks ago also.

Addazio said in the presser postgame that Dungey is the best QB in the conference. He said that he mentioned it weeks ago also.

I truly believe Dungey was the most feared amongst the ACC coaches. Trevor Lawrence has an amazing arm along with amazing WRs and other help, but Dungey adds that play-making and running ability that gives opposing DCs fits while trying to scheme against.

I truly believe Dungey was the most feared amongst the ACC coaches. Trevor Lawrence has an amazing arm along with amazing WRs and other help, but Dungey adds that play-making and running ability that gives opposing DCs fits while trying to scheme against.

Yup, and he also said Dungey “makes plays that aren’t there to even be made.” He was blown away by a few of those today.

Anyone else have trouble with the fans around them? I was told by the guy in front of me to stop “assaulting him with my knees” while being told to talk quieter while discussing the game with bnoro. Would’ve been slightly understandable if we hadn’t been completely sober.

Oh that’s when you have to immediately respond with speaking of assaulting knees, did you hook up last night?

They end up quiet the rest of the game.

Yup, and he also said Dungey “makes plays that aren’t there to even be made.” He was blown away by a few of those today.

That's what I'm saying. Just when you think the play is dead to rights, Dungey makes a move to keep the play alive that is incredible. Whether a broken tackle, escaping pressure, throwing a fake, taking off like a RB or trying to leap someone, the kid's highlight reel is sick.

He has no fear and does whatever he can to move the chains. Has cost him dearly at times, too.

BC football fans are notoriously odd bunch. They also have the worst game day experience / stadium in the ACC. Heck, there are some HS stadiums that are nicer.

Alumni needs upgrades for sure but the chestnut hill residents are very reluctant to allow it. It’s the swankiest area of all ACC teams so they are hamstrung.

My only beef yesterday was when the LGO chant started after the kid got trucked by Dungey for the TD. That was low class by the Orange fans and team. The kid was on the ground. Need to be better than that.

I was in Section D and had zero issues w the BC fans. They treated us w absolute respect and enjoyed the Syracuse fans at the game.

That one play where he was in the process of being sacked and then threw a completion while almost falling to his knees stands out in my mind above many others yesterday.

Like I said during the gameday thread, Dungey this year is our GMac from 2006. Sure, Devito did great against FSU and UNC, but without Dungey, hard to imagine this team winning as many games as they did.

Look at last year, Dungey almost singledhandedly kept us in the games at FSU, LSU, Miami and NC St. Without him, we would've been blown out.

I'm excited to see Devito & Amie duke it out next year, but will dearly miss watching Dungey. He brings a style of play and a type of sheer toughness to the game that simply cannot be taught.

Eric has been very consistent for us all year, his whole career. I have to laugh a little bit when our own SYRACUSEFAN.COM board was calling him overrated, they actually post these things because they hear it from somewhere, or see 2nd string or scout team posters, who I guarantee you will never be living legend posters if they think Eric Dungey is overrated, but of course our board will post that because someone thinks that. Without Eric Dungey we wouldnt have won 6 games this year. ok not 6. Those other guys just aren't ready, Cuse needed him. Without him there not 6. We wouldn't even be here with a chance to play in a bowl game and everyone is posting that Eric Dungey is overrated? Its the most bull$#i^ thing I have seen on this board in 7 years!

I think our DL play is the reason for our season. Best DL in more than a decade. I feel comfortable with rushing just four and hanging everyone else behind.

Guthrie has really stepped up his game as well. In a season where linebackers were often exposed, he got better every week. I thought he was excellent yesterday.

Guthrie has really stepped up his game as well. In a season where linebackers were often exposed, he got better every week. I thought he was excellent yesterday.

He seems to reacting so much more now than thinking. He improvement is very noticeable.

Shy Cullen playing more has shored up the run defense. He started playing more after Pitt and we have improved immensely vs.the run. He"s also playing with a broken thumb. He dropped that pick yesterday at the end because of that.

Funny i had a good feeling about the ND game and a bad feeling about this one( go figure) ... This season is/was a great ride... Win and all the other stuff takes care of its self . recruiting ,people in the seats...ect pay the man

Eric has been very consistent for us all year, his whole career. I have to laugh a little bit when our own SYRACUSEFAN.COM board was calling him overrated, they actually post these things because they hear it from somewhere, or see 2nd string or scout team posters, who I guarantee you will never be living legend posters if they think Eric Dungey is overrated, but of course our board will post that because someone thinks that. Without Eric Dungey we wouldnt have won 6 games this year. ok not 6. Those other guys just aren't ready, Cuse needed him. Without him there not 6. We wouldn't even be here with a chance to play in a bowl game and everyone is posting that Eric Dungey is overrated? Its the most bull$#i^ thing I have seen on this board in 7 years!

I get what you’re doing and this should’ve gotten more likes tbh.

I couldn't help but notice BC's QB shaking his head in defeat for the entire 4th quarter. There's a big compliment to the D.

Knee-jerk, instant gratification, impulsive youngsters...

Anyone else have trouble with the fans around them? I was told by the guy in front of me to stop “assaulting him with my knees” while being told to talk quieter while discussing the game with bnoro. Would’ve been slightly understandable if we hadn’t been completely sober.
Talk quieter? He should sit in front of me!

Talk quieter? He should sit in front of me!
So bnoro had gotten up to go to the bathroom during a timeout and I’m sitting there on my phone. He stands up and faces me and starts yelling at me about my knees hitting him over and over (I’m 5’11 so that was funny) and he makes a huge scene. He was calling us belligerent and I de-escalated the situation my moving back a row into empty seats next to an SU fan and his friends. Ironically there were two middle aged mothers with 5 or 6 kids directly behind us who apologized to me and said if we had actually been disrespectful in any way they would’ve noticed since they had kids with them. He also tried to sneak a picture of us which I can only assume was to attempt to send to security so we posed for it knowing we hadn’t done anything wrong and were sober.