Class of 2014 - WR/ATH Demetrius Johnson (MD) offered | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2014 WR/ATH Demetrius Johnson (MD) offered

spo023

Scout Team
Does anyone know anything about this kid? Rivvals posted an article today where he said Syracuse is 4th right now. He is a 4 star prospect on some sites, 3 star on others. His offer list is pretty weak and he said Old Dominion is recruiting him the hardest, and Syracuse hasn't spoken to him in a month.

Any more info on him would be appreciated

http://247sports.com/Player/Demetrius-Johnson-21105

interesting this was the 2nd interview i read today where the recruit hasn't spoken to the coaches in a month because they are on vacation. not sure if it's interest level, or just a really long vacation?

We want him as an OLB. Interesting that Rivalz has him rated as the 156th player in the country, and Skout had him a 2 star.

I want to say he was teammates with Isiah Johnson last season at Eastern Christian Academy who's season was cut short. A lot of schools probably wanted to wait on his Senior film. Also, if I remember there may be some concerns about qualifying academically, which may be due to attending ECA?

I want to say he was teammates with Isiah Johnson last season at Eastern Christian Academy who's season was cut short. A lot of schools probably wanted to wait on his Senior film. Also, if I remember there may be some concerns about qualifying academically, which may be due to attending ECA?

No wrong Christian school..Demetrius is Annapolis Area Christian...looks like his team has struggled but he has been selected for the all Army All American bowl.

http://articles.baltimoresun.com/20...7_1_u-s-army-all-american-bowl-aacs-ken-lucas

No wrong Christian school..Demetrius is Annapolis Area Christian...looks like his team has struggled but he has been selected for the all Army All American bowl.

http://articles.baltimoresun.com/20...7_1_u-s-army-all-american-bowl-aacs-ken-lucas

i meant I thought he was at ECA last season before transferring?

Gotta think our chances are good... 50/50 atleast :noidea:

This kid has basically received the least amount of attention on the board and it would be a bit amusing considering he'd be our first Army All American recruit.

This kid has basically received the least amount of attention on the board and it would be a bit amusing considering he'd be our first Army All American recruit.
What do you mean...wasn't Greg Paulus an Army All American? ;-)

He hasn't received much attention in general. Very lightly recruited for an Army AA.

He hasn't received much attention in general. Very lightly recruited for an Army AA.

True and weird. The two blurbs I've seen about him at the AA practices said he was pretty good and very intense.

True and weird. The two blurbs I've seen about him at the AA practices said he was pretty good and very intense.

Which makes me wonder if it was a case of him not attending camps or what exactly. It's not like he's in the middle of Wyoming, he's in a well recruited area in Maryland. The write-ups I read that mentioned him were nothing but positive.

Does anyone know anything about this kid? Rivvals posted an article today where he said Syracuse is 4th right now. He is a 4 star prospect on some sites, 3 star on others. His offer list is pretty weak and he said Old Dominion is recruiting him the hardest, and Syracuse hasn't spoken to him in a month.

Any more info on him would be appreciated

http:// .com/Player/Demetrius-Johnson-21105
If he said "fourth" we are slipping from sight and favor. I wouldn't put much stock in that report. If SU hasn't spoken to him in a month the mutual disinterest is probably academic in nature. No point in easting time andb $ on those kids.

If he said "fourth" we are slipping from sight and favor. I wouldn't put much stock in that report. If SU hasn't spoken to him in a month the mutual disinterest is probably academic in nature. No point in easting time andb $ on those kids.

Cali that post is from July. He's down to Marshall and SU, he's scheduled a visit to Marshall but not SU yet.

Which makes me wonder if it was a case of him not attending camps or what exactly. It's not like he's in the middle of Wyoming, he's in a well recruited area in Maryland. The write-ups I read that mentioned him were nothing but positive.

he actually dominated in the Rivlz camp circuit and why he was rated in their top 150 at first. grades i;m guessing bc it sounds he won't qualify this year says the same people