Class of 2017 - WR Brad Hawkins (NJ) Decommit from Michigan/Attending Prep | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2017 WR Brad Hawkins (NJ) Decommit from Michigan/Attending Prep

jekelish said:
609150905099939841 This is definitely worth your time.

Two things:

1. Eyes opened.
2. Talked about RW44 and Rex all the way home.

Great, great impression.

Key couple of weeks.

We have a great track record over the years of securing June commitments.

I'll be disappointed - and a bit concerned - if we don't land 4-5 recruits by the end of the month.

I get that, if you think he wants to stay home...but just because Newman is working on him doesn't give me much worry. The guy we've got working on Neal has been best friends with him since they were kids. They basically weren't even familiar with Newman a few months ago. If Neal picks Wake (or Duke) it'll be because he wants to stay home, it won't be about Newman recruiting him better than RW.
since they were kids? They still are kids.

This is definitely worth your time.
e4cf912a822df82f7efa4c59b004d41e.jpg

Key couple of weeks.

We have a great track record over the years of securing June commitments.

I'll be disappointed - and a bit concerned - if we don't land 4-5 recruits by the end of the month.
I thought they were going to take things slow though? 4-5 seems fast

I get that, if you think he wants to stay home...but just because Newman is working on him doesn't give me much worry. The guy we've got working on Neal has been best friends with him since they were kids. They basically weren't even familiar with Newman a few months ago. If Neal picks Wake (or Duke) it'll be because he wants to stay home, it won't be about Newman recruiting him better than RW.

ya my thoughts have nothing to do with Newman. In fact I put little stock in anybody going anywhere because their buddy went there. For the most part these kids are making their own decisions and doing what is best for them.

Whitey23 said:

A lot of offers out there, though.

I've always believed that many of our recruits make decisions quickly.

When they walk away to think about it, we don't do so well.

It doesn't get much better in Syracuse. The weather is nice. The campus is green. The IPF is new.

Hypothetical (just for fun) - if all 6 wanted to commit on the spot, the condition that you have to take all 6 what do you do?

Yeah, but you have to consider the caliber of player that's suddenly getting close to deciding. Some of our priority targets at various positions are hovering around decisions.

Hypothetical (just for fun) - if all 6 wanted to commit on the spot, the condition that you have to take all 6 what do you do?
You take it without question. I think at least 2 of those guys are 2017, so it would be 4 against this year. Establishing that pipeline would be huge, and all of those kids can play.