Class of 2020 - WR Bryce Gowdy (FL) Verbal to Ga Tech | Page 34 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2020 WR Bryce Gowdy (FL) Verbal to Ga Tech

Man this is heartbreaking. Prayer for his family.

This reminded me of Omain Gullette. Omain was a DT who was murdered in Philadelphia the summer before enrolling at Syracuse.

This reminded me exactly of that. I was trying to remember the name of the SU recruit who died right before enrolling. Thanks.

If "initial reports" are people on twitter I'd prefer to ignore those folks before we find out what actually happened.

It's an absolute tragedy.

the first report I read was their local news channel and the story was witnesses have said a pedestrian jumped in front of a train. Police are at the scene and investigating.

This is tragic regardless of the circumstances. If in fact there was depression involved it’s a blatant example of how someone’s social media persona can completely hide real pain.

As for the Tech recruiting class question I don’t think it’s so bad. We’re on a recruiting message board, the poster acknowledged the loss and then asked a valid question.

It obviously came too soon for some posters and that’s valid too.

To each their own but we don’t need to kill each other over this ..IJS

RiP Bryce. Sorry you left us so soon.

Man this is heartbreaking. Prayer for his family.

This reminded me of Omain Gullette. Omain was a DT who was murdered in Philadelphia the summer before enrolling at Syracuse.

If I remember correctly, Coach P kept his number out of circulation for what would’ve been his time at SU.

This is tragic regardless of the circumstances. If in fact there was depression involved it’s a blatant example of how someone’s social media persona can completely hide real pain.

As for the Tech recruiting class question I don’t think it’s so bad. We’re on a recruiting message board, the poster acknowledged the loss and then asked a valid question.

It obviously came too soon for some posters and that’s valid too.

To each their own but we don’t need to kill each other over this ..IJS

RiP Bryce. Sorry you left us so soon.
Absolutely terrible news.
Time and place is everything.
Place is OK because this is an SU recruiting message board and he was an SU recruit. Alittle odd to question how it affects Ga Techs class though. Not terrible but excusable.
The timing though is terrible and the social filter that should exist to know that it is in fact too soon was not active.

Absolutely terrible news.
Time and place is everything.
Place is OK because this is an SU recruiting message board and he was an SU recruit. Alittle odd to question how it affects Ga Techs class though. Not terrible but excusable.
The timing though is terrible and the social filter that should exist to know that it is in fact too soon was not active.

We're gonna agree to disagree here. I literally have no issue with someone on a recruiting message board asking a general question about the logistics of scholarships in light of a tragedy. I'm not going to feel more or less sad based on that answer. It's a completely separate question.

The last thing I expected to see when I opened this thread. Good lord. No matter how it happened and if it was intentional or not, it’s equally as large of a tragedy and saddening. RIP

RIP to this young man. Best wishes to his family going forward and those around him.

Pretty crazy he posted on his twitter page can't wait to get to Atlanta with a picture of his family, and him in a GT uniform. Than 7-8 hours later he takes his own life.

It could have just as easily been our coaching staff and fanbase facing this tragedy head on. I really feel for Ga Tech Football and his family and friends, just a horrible situation anytime a young person chooses this path. RIP.

We're gonna agree to disagree here. I literally have no issue with someone on a recruiting message board asking a general question about the logistics of scholarships in light of a tragedy. I'm not going to feel more or less sad based on that answer. It's a completely separate question.
I respectfully disagree with the timing not the place or topic. But like the tone of your message in this new year of respectful discussion. Just had that 'widow is hot' at the funeral of her newly deceased husband type vibe. Moving on.