WR Damien Alford withdraws from portal | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

WR Damien Alford withdraws from portal

Lol, God bless ya bro, titanics sinking, let’s play some string music. This one’s a killer imo, his best days are ahead of him, gonna b a top notch wr soon for someone. Can’t believe it is not going to be us, blows, another nut/gut punch for our syracuse fandom.

Like I said taj would flame out wherever he went, and caught heavy flack, the opposite is true for this kid. Fluck!!!!
I hope you can sense my sarcasm

He had the size/speed combo but it feels like he was never running the right routes. Most of his good plays were running straight or a broken play. Good luck to him!

Fine with Hayes, Adams, Hatcher and Brown stepping in.

Just my opinion. Alford has been made out to be something hes not for 2 years now.

If Jones bounces back and Brown is as good as he's looked in practice, it would go a long way towards offsetting this loss.

Not guaranteed, however, but something to consider.

Lol, God bless ya bro, titanics sinking, let’s play some string music. This one’s a killer imo, his best days are ahead of him, gonna b a top notch wr soon for someone. Can’t believe it is not going to be us, blows, another nut/gut punch for our syracuse fandom.

Like I said taj would flame out wherever he went, and caught heavy flack, the opposite is true for this kid. Fluck!!!!
Lol “the titanics sinking” because #4 wideout is leaving.

Let’s see if this kid even lands in the Power 5 before we pretend he’s the next Marvin Harrison

Fine with Hayes, Adams, Hatcher and Brown stepping in.

Just my opinion. Alford has been made out to be something hes not for 2 years now.
You’re just naming names. He wouldn’t be a huge loss if it wasn’t a position of dire need. He was also coming on and was good for a huge play when you needed it. You don’t teach 6’5 with that speed.

If Jones bounces back and Brown is as good as he's looked in practice, it would go a long way towards offsetting this loss.

Not guaranteed, however, but something to consider.
Forgot about Jones, add him to the list.

Not guaranteed, but we have better natural wideouts on the roster imo and guys who can also stretch the defense. Alford was good for a big target downfield

Lol “the titanics sinking” because #4 wideout is leaving.

Let’s see if this kid even lands in the Power 5 before we pretend he’s the next Marvin Harrison
Lol it’s all good bud it’s all good, don’t you worry a lick.

If you were the guy who said taj would do great elsewhere you were wrong, same here opposite reality. Apologies if it wasn’t you.

Timing seems weird.
He just saw 2 guys he probably beat at practice on occasion go to LSU and Ohio St and get a bag. Who knows where the guidance is coming from. Maybe he thought well I might as well try too.

I think we’ll see this more in the future from our successful upperclassmen after seeing how it worked out for Duce and Carter.

Last edited:
Forgot about Jones, add him to the list.

Not guaranteed, but we have better natural wideouts on the roster imo and guys who can also stretch the defense. Alford was good for a big target downfield
How many actual snaps at practice have you seen Brown run against college competition? You’re just saying names .

You’re just naming names. He wouldn’t be a huge loss if it wasn’t a position of dire need. He was also coming on and was good for a huge play when you needed it. You don’t teach 6’5 with that speed.
He had great moments but was a big, fast wideout who disappeared a lot. Hopefully Beck’s approach schemes our wideouts open more often.

Wideouts arguably our weakest position group. Aside from Oronde I’d hardly call anyone irreplaceable. We have months to bring in a plug in guy or two. Between AET, Jackson and to an extent Cooper, Dino’s showed he can do this.

Lol it’s all good bud it’s all good, don’t you worry a lick.

If you were the guy who said taj would do great elsewhere you were wrong, same here opposite reality. Apologies if it wasn’t you.
You think you’re some kind of genius for predicting a head case would implode? Sorry bud but that’s not that impressive.

How many actual snaps at practice have you seen Brown run against college competition? You’re just saying names .
have seen 2 years of Alford.

Ive heard plenty of positives from people connected to the offense about Dono, including from players themselves. He’s a great dynamic athlete and I hope it transitions to live action like it seemed to during the spring game. Remains to be seen.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom