Class of 2018 - WR Edward Hendrix (DC) SIGNED NLI to SYRACUSE | Page 5 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2018 WR Edward Hendrix (DC) SIGNED NLI to SYRACUSE

I think this class ends up being bigger than we think it will. We've had unexpected attrition of 3 defensive players - M. Williams, S. Clark and J. Allen - that would have been multi-year players who would have taken up scholarship spots next year. Those spots are now open. Plus, i think there will still be some more attrition after this season in the form of transfers...there always is the first couple of years after a complete system overhaul. We've got 18 spots on the books as open right now, but I think the real number will be around 22, maybe more.

Yep. Very rarely over the past 25 years have there not been north of 20 commitments made each year. Honestly, I'd be surprised if it isn't close to 25.

I think this class ends up being bigger than we think it will. We've had unexpected attrition of 3 defensive players - M. Williams, S. Clark and J. Allen - that would have been multi-year players who would have taken up scholarship spots next year. Those spots are now open. Plus, i think there will still be some more attrition after this season in the form of transfers...there always is the first couple of years after a complete system overhaul. We've got 18 spots on the books as open right now, but I think the real number will be around 22, maybe more. I expect us to surprise this year and use that to really take advantage of recruiting during the latter fall months when coaching staffs start getting let go.

22 is still a relatively small class though. In any case, the average player rating is a good indicator of recruiting success. Like I said, it's the best it's ever been this cycle and will be getting better soon.

And not just on Hendrix.

I think SU fans are going to be EXTREMELY happy with how the next 7 Days ir so unfold...
Jonah-hill-omg.gif

After we get Hendrix and White commits, we'll be the #44 ranked class in the country as it stands now (Composite rankings). This class will be under-rated in the rankings because of limited spots, but is going to be an incredible class. Our average player rating is the highest ever in the modern recruiting era and is being held down a bit by Lutz who I believe will move up the rankings before his senior season ends. No way that kid is a 2 star recruit.

Agreed... That article , just posted, calls Lutz an Athletic Freak. Stars/ranking don't help you 1 bit when you step on the field, anyway...

I like what's going on but they haven't even committed yet and you have them leaving early. This is only a few data points out of hundreds that we need to succeed. Let's have some winning records and go to some bowls before we declare how good our talent is. Too early.
I see what you're saying but you can't have winging records without winning the recruiting battles we are winning. It's been an extremely long time since Syracuse was getting the type of athletes they are getting now. Also they may not be committed now but there is an extremely high chance both of these guys are committed within the next 10 days to Syracuse.

What thread?

Maybe the post was deleted, but this is what I am referring to:

"If we all goes according to plan, 3 players plus Buddy (assuming Buddy is coming to SU, not signed sealed and delivered yet) for 18, if Buddy is not coming I do not know if we add another kid, there are guys out there we all thought we were going for, still think we are going after and we are not, the recruit I refer to whom is not on our board is 2019, by end of Aug his name will be on the board."

It's just refreshing to be nitpicking on how good our class is. The future is bright, and recruits know it. They love Dino, and especially the offense.

Just have to get the DLine in order. We will, but of course I wish it was sooner. The rest of the D is looking good, and the DLine isn't a disaster. Just too many injuries, and other situations. We are well on our way back is all that matters.

Awful lot of people thinking Hendrix/White are ours. I do hope so, these are big time targets.

You have to think if we do get Hendrix that will also help with keeping Wallace committed to SU as well as they were team mates; Wallace moving over to IMG (I think) for his senior year.
There was an article up a week or so ago on one of the services. The headline said Wallace was recruiting Hendrix. It leaves the impression that they may be a package deal.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom