Class of 2015 - WR Frank Battle (FL) Verbal UConn | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2015 WR Frank Battle (FL) Verbal UConn

The coaches are really finding some under the radar kids. They are so under the radar I am having trouble finding them in other data bases. We might be his first offer.

MIAMI-DADE SUMMER TOP 50 FOR 2015

38. Frank Battle, WR, 6-6, 180, Miami Belen Jesuit: Having height and athletic ability may not equate to being a great receiver, but having watched this impressive football talent the past six months, you have to be impressed at what he will be like when he adds weight and gets stronger. Has off the charts athletic ability.

Read more here: http://miamiherald.typepad.com/hssp...-of-2015-pre-summer-top-50.html#storylink=cpy

6'6"? Put on another 10-30 pounds and if he's got good hands, he could be a force.

Per twitter... he says Syracuse has everything he’s looking for.

Frank Battle...

I just want him because of his name.

Frank "The Tank" Battle

Another possible hidden gem. Could be under recruited since his HS runs the Wing-T offense.

Who is the commit?
TL;DR?

Regarding the player's commitment on Sunday, Parkinson has not committed to Syracuse, he wrote in a text message on Monday. That leaves the third player, who is unknown at this time.

My guess is that when Parkinson was probably told now or never he committed.

I Bumped all the open WRs so people could look them over themselves without manually searching, "WR" is too short of a text string for the search box

I did not see a "Boom"
I think they are smart not to Boom right away if they have to tell another guy he lost his offer, at least until you've told the other guy and wait for the commit to announce, good form by the staff. Feel bad for Battle liked his measurables for a WR.

Just read that Syracuse.com article. Wow, the hard realities of recruiting. Have your mind set on a school, mom is on board and boom, the rug is pulled out form under you.

Oh Lord
I Bumped all the open WRs so people could look them over themselves without manually searching waste their time reading threads that didn't have any new information added to them. Complain

Bumped the posts with purely positive intents, at least I didn't post for the 10,000th time that Toad Hunt will be downgrading someone in his NJ rankings. :)

Looks like someone "bumped" Ward's recruiting thread. Could it be him?

Ward is 5'11. Unless he plans on playing in high heels, there is no way he is being recruited for the Y/TE position. He shouldn't even be in this discussion.

Parkinson and Battle are definitely going for the same slot and if there's a third it would be someone in the 6'3-6'6 range, similar prospects to them.

Ward is 5'11. Unless he plans on playing in high heels, there is no way he is being recruited for the Y/TE position. He shouldn't even be in this discussion.

So you're saying there's a chance...
1650978-Girl-s-Nike-High-Heels-Nike-Air-Force-One-BLK-WHI.jpg

My guess is that when Parkinson was probably told now or never he committed.
According to the article as of Monday Park said he didn't committ...unless staff told him not to say mum about it until they gave him the go ahead that they notified the other recruits. I can't believe we would do that to the kid, so I venture to guess, and that is all that is by the way, that a third party has committed...someone big with a huge upside for the program, Ty Wheatley...come on dow...he has committed to the Orange at the TE position! You can dream, can't you. Heck, the way this year is going why not think high!

According to the article as of Monday Park said he didn't committ...unless staff told him not to say mum about it until they gave him the go ahead that they notified the other recruits. I can't believe we would do that to the kid, so I venture to guess, and that is all that is by the way, that a third party has committed...someone big with a huge upside for the program, Ty Wheatley...come on dow...he has committed to the Orange at the TE position! You can dream, can't you. Heck, the way this year is going why not think high!
Stop it.

Something about this just seems off to me. Battle just doesn't seem like the type of kid you turn down, not to mention it seems like a pressure tactic that is uncharacteristic of this staff. It simply flies in the face of everything we've all been repeating here for the last few months. If true, this is unfamiliar territory for this program-turning quality prospects away (under the radar or not). While that's good news, it's not easy to swallow.

Again I saw under the sun that the race is not to the Swift, or the Battle to the strong, or bread to the wise, or riches to the discerning, or favor to the skillful; rather, time and chance happen to all of them.