Class of 2015 - WR Frank Battle (FL) Verbal UConn | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2015 WR Frank Battle (FL) Verbal UConn

Something about this just seems off to me. Battle just doesn't seem like the type of kid you turn down, not to mention it seems like a pressure tactic that is uncharacteristic of this staff. It simply flies in the face of everything we've all been repeating here for the last few months. If true, this is unfamiliar territory for this program-turning quality prospects away (under the radar or not). While that's good news, it's not easy to swallow.

Battle was only offered a few weeks ago. Seems to me that there is something more to the story. Unfortunately the staff can not respond to the article so only what one person is saying can be reported. And this isn't really that unusual. Last year there was an offeree who came to visit right after he was offered. The staff asked him to wait on committing. He ended up committing to another school. Shush Ano.

Stop it.
I forgot, can't make light of a subject and have a little fun on the site...all hands...stop speculating. The powers to be that are always right on...... will tell us in due time, after they read about it!

I'm not convinced Battle has a commitable offer.
Did you catch the PS article from today? Sounds like that's definitely the case.

Last edited:
I'm not convinced Battle has a commitable offer.
I asked this in a different thread but didn't get a response. What distinguishes a commitable offer from a non-commitable one?

I asked this in a different thread but didn't get a response. What distinguishes a commitable offer from a non-commitable one?

only speculating based on him wanting to commit but being held off. could be a number of things, priority, grades etc. kid could have misinterpreted what was said to him regarding the alleged offer.

Something about this just seems off to me. Battle just doesn't seem like the type of kid you turn down, not to mention it seems like a pressure tactic that is uncharacteristic of this staff. It simply flies in the face of everything we've all been repeating here for the last few months. If true, this is unfamiliar territory for this program-turning quality prospects away (under the radar or not). While that's good news, it's not easy to swallow.

Deadlines are not anything new with our staff. Off the top of my head KJ Williams, and Ish Witter had one. I know there were others as well. As much as we want to think our staff is exempt from the immortality of recruiting, we're not. Then again the only thing that sucks about this situation is the kid flew all the way up here on his own dime. Even so we don't know what the conversation was before he came up? Was he made aware that he needed to commit on the trip? As much as it doesn't seem reasonable a lot of times these kids have to hop on these offers when you have the chance, especially if your a kid who doesn't have any other offers they can use as leverage. I really don't see anything wrong with deadlines, or anything wrong with what they did here (minus the kid flying on his own dime, but even with that we don't know what he was told before hand).

Did you catch the PS article from today? Sounds like that's definitely the case.
yeah and the post standard is always right. Only thing their writers know is what they read on twitter and recruiting boards!

Deadlines are not anything new with our staff. Off the top of my head KJ Williams, and Ish Witter had one. I know there were others as well. As much as we want to think our staff is exempt from the immortality of recruiting, we're not. Then again the only thing that sucks about this situation is the kid flew all the way up here on his own dime. Even so we don't know what the conversation was before he came up? Was he made aware that he needed to commit on the trip? As much as it doesn't seem reasonable a lot of times these kids have to hop on these offers when you have the chance, especially if your a kid who doesn't have any other offers they can use as leverage. I really don't see anything wrong with deadlines, or anything wrong with what they did here (minus the kid flying on his own dime, but even with that we don't know what he was told before hand).
this is all part of the recruiting game just like when a kid verbals to one school but signs with another.

yeah and the post standard is always right. Only thing their writers know is what they read on twitter and recruiting boards!
I was referring to the quote from Battle about wanting to commit but not being able to. Not any of the assumptions made by the PS

@desmondconner: #UConnFootball lands Frank Battle, a 6-5, 1801b receiver from Miami, had offers from #Syracuse, #Buffalo, #Ohio and #AirForce...

@desmondconner: On Syracuse offer to new #UConnFootball commit Frank Battle: 3 WRs were offered, first one who committed got it. Battle; "I wasn't ready"

@desmondconner: #UConnFootball lands Frank Battle, a 6-5, 1801b receiver from Miami, had offers from #Syracuse, #Buffalo, #Ohio and #AirForce...

@desmondconner: On Syracuse offer to new #UConnFootball commit Frank Battle: 3 WRs were offered, first one who committed got it. Battle; "I wasn't ready"
lol - yep, that's how it happened alright :rolleyes:

Didn't he say something completely contrary a few months ago?
yeah - he said he received the offer, went home and decided to commit, but was told by the staff the spot had already been taken. this was referred to by the post standard as a 'fiasco' or some nonsense along those lines

yeah - he said he received the offer, went home and decided to commit, but was told by the staff the spot had already been taken. this was referred to by the post standard as a 'fiasco' or some nonsense along those lines

LOL the post standard is the fiasco ...

I think time limits are okay, as long as you are upfront. For instance: This is your scholarship until October 1st. After that we may offer it to someone else. If they commit, its gone.

David Ryslik, an OL who we were involved with at one point, is also off the team.
Eh, we weren't really that involved outside of a camp, he wasn't a D1 player.

Who is that kid? Never heard of him.
Exactly.

Reading that made my blood boil. I hope we paint the field with those guys.