Class of 2021 - WR Jackson Meeks (GA) TRANSFERRING TO SYRACUSE (12/12/23) | Page 7 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2021 WR Jackson Meeks (GA) TRANSFERRING TO SYRACUSE (12/12/23)

Hatcher needs to work on his upper body strength specifically his arm and hand strength. Kid has pencils for arms.

Hatcher needs to work on his upper body strength specifically his arm and hand strength. Kid has pencils for arms.
You won't be saying that about Meeks or Hornsby . They are built and solid. I still would like to get the Ross kid. Anyone know about who this Zeed Haynes player is?

You won't be saying that about Meeks or Hornsby . They are built and solid. I still would like to get the Ross kid. Anyone know about who this Zeed Haynes player is?
UGA was pretty high on him.

I have zero issues with our WR’s. Add back OG and Pena we can play with anyone. Not their fault we had zero QB after Shrader. Adding more depth is fine but the group as a whole was young and will be solid with a guy who can throw
Zero issues with our WRs? ZERO???
We’re taking about Syracuse University football right ?

Someone posted his targets video from this year and now it’s gone but might be unpopular opinion here, it was very blah. Made zero hard catches and didn’t do anything outstanding. Very eh after seeing that. And that was against samford and Vandy
I deleted it bc I saw that someone else had already posted it. Agree, it was quite blah.

Couldn't find my bike in the basement.
My family toured the Bacardi plant in Puerto Rico. It was about as interesting as the Alamo tour. We got to the end and when our guide asked if there were any final questions, I asked when we were going to see the basement. She looked bewildered, my kids were doubled over laughing, and my wife just hung her head.

No offense to the kid, but Hatcher has to go. When he got the ball snatched out of his hands against BC in the 4th quarter of tie game….that has to be one of the worst plays I’ve seen from a P5 receiver
Are you seriously calling for a player to leave? That's very disappointing to say of any SU player (players read this site), assuming no inappropriate off the field behavior, much less one of our best Wr's. Hatcher demonstrated great improvement last year and had a lot of big plays for us. He will be very good this coming year for someone-I hope it's for us now that he'll have the potential of McCord throwing to him.

Are you seriously calling for a player to leave? That's very disappointing to say of any SU player (players read this site), assuming no inappropriate off the field behavior, much less one of our best Wr's. Hatcher demonstrated great improvement last year and had a lot of big plays for us. He will be very good this coming year for someone-I hope it's for us now that he'll have the potential of McCord throwing to him.
This isn't Pop Warner or high school ball; this is P5 football, and one would assume that a starting receiver on a team in the ACC gets some significant NIL money, which would open him to praise and criticism.

I stand by what I said - I believe that if we want to compete consistently with top-level teams, we must upgrade our talent. None of our receivers were good enough last year, and finding stronger, faster receivers who can get open consistently and catch the ball should be a priority.

We had our drops for sure.. But also it doesnt help that you would be hard pressed to find 20% of the throws being where they needed to be?

You dont see guys making contested catches that often on balls that are poorly thrown, even in the NFL.

This isn't Pop Warner or high school ball; this is P5 football, and one would assume that a starting receiver on a team in the ACC gets some significant NIL money, which would open him to praise and criticism.

I stand by what I said - I believe that if we want to compete consistently with top-level teams, we must upgrade our talent. None of our receivers were good enough last year, and finding stronger, faster receivers who can get open consistently and catch the ball should be a priority.
There is a difference between criticizing and telling a guy to leave. I know everyone likes the shiny new toy, but I feel loyalty to guys who chose to come here and have worked hard to get better, particularly a guy like Hatcher who had other good offers and doesn't deserve that. It's embarrassing for a fan of ours to do that IMO and I hope he knows it does not reflect the overwhelming majority of us.

There is a difference between criticizing and telling a guy to leave. I know everyone likes the shiny new toy, but I feel loyalty to guys who chose to come here and have worked hard to get better, particularly a guy like Hatcher who had other good offers and doesn't deserve that. It's embarrassing for a fan of ours to do that IMO and I hope he knows it does not reflect the overwhelming majority of us.
I just did a keyword search on "the talk" and found several hundred threads referencing the exact thing I just said

Oh yeah. I wouldn't be surprised if half that group turns over or more. It's been an underperforming group as a whole for a while now.

I wonder if we'll see some 2 TE sets moving forward with OG and Villari, similar to UF with Gronk and Hernandez? That would be fun.
Gronk at UF????

Gronk at UF????
Sorry said UF but was thinking of the pro style offense they were in with the Pats. They were obviously more physical but Villari is pretty damn physical as well.

Last edited:
I agree, it would be awesome if we had the best quarterback and two top 5 tight ends in all of football like the Patriots did during those Super Bowl wins.

There is a reason most teams don't run their passing offense through their tight ends, though.

Also remember that tiny slot receivers led the Patriots in receptions and yards those years, in spite of having far and away the best tight ends tandem in football.

I agree, it would be awesome if we had the best quarterback and two top 5 tight ends in all of football like the Patriots did during those Super Bowl wins.

There is a reason most teams don't run their passing offense through their tight ends, though.

Also remember that tiny slot receivers led the Patriots in receptions and yards those years, in spite of having far and away the best tight ends tandem in football.
While true Travis Kelce errr Taylor Swift say hello.

1000006359.jpg

Yes if they aren’t good enough they should be shown the door. We can’t tie up scholarships for dead weight. If they think this site is bad then go read any other p5 forum. We are tame. Kids leave at the drop of a hat now it’s time for coaches to have that power in return. Bye bye

Yes if they aren’t good enough they should be shown the door. We can’t tie up scholarships for dead weight. If they think this site is bad then go read any other p5 forum. We are tame. Kids leave at the drop of a hat now it’s time for coaches to have that power in return. Bye bye
It’s a bizness now.

You don’t need to have the two best tight ends in all of football to run a two TE set. You need two tight ends that can catch which we have and a QB that can throw accurately and consistently which we haven’t but are hopefully soon landing.

The talent we have at TE plus the new talent we’re adding at WR and the variety of WR should give us a lot of different looks. As long as we have a QB that doesn’t tunnel vision on 1 or 2 players.

Last edited:
Yeah since players can transfer out pretty much any time they want without sitting yes I agree coaches should have that right to tell a player they aren’t cutting it, and they can. And the player still has a scholly if they want it.

But really It’s more your tone about it that sucks. The kid is Orange and works hard for the team. You’re complaining because a redshirt freshman that is 180 lbs got the ball ripped out of his hands on one play. Come on. Every player has plays that didn’t go well. Strength is not his strong suit. You don’t think the kid can get stronger. Your stance is a bit overkill. I still like Hatcher. I still think he has a lot of potential.