Class of 2021 - WR Mekhi Mews (GA) Portal from Georgia to Houston | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2021 WR Mekhi Mews (GA) Portal from Georgia to Houston

There are probably at least 10 kids I can see right now that are easy candidates. And there are more than that.

I was annoyed at the late multi year JUCO’s added last year that no one else was really interested in, it even annoys me more now that Fran largely has to clean that mess up.

The 2023 class was closed out with:

Lysander Moelo - JUCO - no other P5 offers
Ty Gordon - Flipped from ODU - no other P5 interest let alone offers
Jo’nre Reed - late offer from Oregon, not sure if they were recruiting him for depth or to start
David Omopariola - no other P5 offers or interest
Trevion Mack - flipped from NIU - no other P5 offers
Josiah Jeffrey - no P5 offers or interest
Darrell Gill Jr - offer from Wash St, but TX kid with elite speed….
Jakobie Seabourn - JUCO - no other offers at all
Berry Buxton - JUCO - no other offers at all
Destin Hawkins - JUCO - no P5 offers or interest
John Branham - JUCO - no other offers at all

This list offers a lot of opportunity. Seabourn and Jeffrey are already gone, but I’d start here with these 11 and then work my way out. Just because half of this list are multi year guys and if they aren’t up to par better to move on now.

I hope everyone reviews this list - this is the danger of talking up every recruit we land with no basis in reality.
Man that's a whole lot of meh that I am sure I talked myself into thinking they could contribute.

It's like Dino gave up

There are probably at least 10 kids I can see right now that are easy candidates. And there are more than that.

I was annoyed at the late multi year JUCO’s added last year that no one else was really interested in, it even annoys me more now that Fran largely has to clean that mess up.

The 2023 class was closed out with:

Lysander Moelo - JUCO - no other P5 offers
Ty Gordon - Flipped from ODU - no other P5 interest let alone offers
Jo’nre Reed - late offer from Oregon, not sure if they were recruiting him for depth or to start
David Omopariola - no other P5 offers or interest
Trevion Mack - flipped from NIU - no other P5 offers
Josiah Jeffrey - no P5 offers or interest
Darrell Gill Jr - offer from Wash St, but TX kid with elite speed….
Jakobie Seabourn - JUCO - no other offers at all
Berry Buxton - JUCO - no other offers at all
Destin Hawkins - JUCO - no P5 offers or interest
John Branham - JUCO - no other offers at all

This list offers a lot of opportunity. Seabourn and Jeffrey are already gone, but I’d start here with these 11 and then work my way out. Just because half of this list are multi year guys and if they aren’t up to par better to move on now.

I hope everyone reviews this list - this is the danger of talking up every recruit we land with no basis in reality.
I really like Slimy David.

Omopairila.
Completely agree. I think he is going to really good. Lb was loaded and he was not getting in the rotation. With new s&c with his original size he will be solid. Liked him better then others on the list including Gill. Not sure how much run Gill gets with the new additions.

If they can figure out how to keep Pena healthy I don't think they need Mews IMO.
Nah, Mews is a whole other level. He was productive at Georgia as an underclassman. Mentioned before but he basically had a catch every single game. Honestly, i don’t get the Peña love. Even the brief periods where he is healthy he really doesn’t do much. I think he’s another one of these board myths.
Man that's a whole lot of meh that I am sure I talked myself into thinking they could contribute.

It's like Dino gave up
Damn right that was a whole lot of blah. Said it at the time but what in the world were we doing with those hail mary, no offer, west coast, JC offers. Makes me think Babers was either playing 3D chess with himself, or we had that little interest in the program where we had to give out a free scholarship to field an 85 man roster.

Today's been a real kick in the didn't expect all these guys to commit to other schools.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoachDiddi

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom