Class of 2024 - WR Syair Torrence (NY: CBA) Committed to BC | Page 29 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2024 WR Syair Torrence (NY: CBA) Committed to BC

Here's the thing is he a take for Brown? I watched that YouTube video of him earlier and he's pretty big on physical attributes. He was saying he'll take a bigger guy over a smaller one if they are pretty similar elsewhere.
Shouldnt every coach do that. The 210lb linebacker is gonna get way more beat up than the 230lb guy. if all things are the same.

Yup and when they go with the traditonal 4 front. I think the 5 tech's we currently have can naturally slide out and play 7 tech. Guys like Jaquez, Jobity, Simmons and Smith. Inside guys will be more of a adjustment. I imagine Fuentes, Lockett, Ingarham, Perry will play inside along with any transfers they bring in.
I thought Ingram did well this year.

Shouldnt every coach do that. The 210lb linebacker is gonna get way more beat up than the 230lb guy. if all things are the same.

Should yes but I think the standards of athletes definitely very which I am definitely hoping for an uptick in with Brown.

One of the things Coach Brown has been praised for is his ability to evaluate prospects.

He is supposed to have a gift for identifying prospects who will develop into college stars.

It will he interesting to see what he does with our existing class. And 2024 recruits like Symir.
I am not going to pretend to know anything about recruiting chops but I do want to know if he is great at judging DB talent or all talent. As for Torrance I am confused, I saw several posts stating that losing him was no big deal, that he is not a player who moves the needle. I get the local kid angle, but would that be why take him. I suppose it is possible that not move the needle comments was either sour grapes or from people with equal talent evaluation skills as mine.

I am not going to pretend to know anything about recruiting chops but I do want to know if he is great at judging DB talent or all talent. As for Torrance I am confused, I saw several posts stating that losing him was no big deal, that he is not a player who moves the needle. I get the local kid angle, but would that be why take him. I suppose it is possible that not move the needle comments was either sour grapes or from people with equal talent evaluation skills as mine.
Several people have said he is really good at evaluating recruits and identifying long term potential.

Also really good at player development.

He has weaknesses in some areas. This appears to be an area of strength.

I hope so. Don't think Dino or most of his staff was good here. At least not on the offensive side of the ball.

I’m anxious to see if Brown offers Syair. There are only so many spots available. He has to potentially open up some new spots.

Think we aimed higher, and landed some better prospects.
Amazing turn of events

We would have loved to land Brown, Love, Syair a month ago - and a month ago the odds were close to 0 of that happening.

Now the odds of that happening are still 0 - because our new coach aimed higher and found prospects who they regard as better fits for their team and program

Funny how things work out

Would still like Torrence. Something to be said for supporting local high schools.

Thought I read on here there's also some family ruffled feathers with what happened to his brother and that this guy wanted out of Syracuse. Maybe the issue is the player/family and not Syracuse coaches?

Would still like Torrence. Something to be said for supporting local high schools.

Even when they wanted nothing to do with you when things were ok? I have no problem with this. These schools/players weren’t supporting SU before, now they want in on the action. Sorry, we’ll let you know if our plan A’s and B’s fall through.