Class of 2024 - WR Syair Torrence (NY: CBA) Committed to BC | Page 30 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2024 WR Syair Torrence (NY: CBA) Committed to BC

I think BC would be a great spot for Torrence. My brother and sister in law graduated from there. Not too far away, great campus, can easily go downtown and great academics.
And he gets a chance to play at home probably twice in his career.

Going 0-4 or 0-4 will be tough but you can do a lot worse than BC. Like Rutgers.

Last edited:
Kinda kid who always has you asking 2 years from now: " Why didn't we sign him, he's local, etc. ". Never fails.

Syair might turn out to be a fine collegiate player, and I can certainly see the community outreach aspect to bringing a prospect like him in. CBA also has numerous D1 / P5 prospects coming up in future classes, so keeping that pipeline open wouldn't be bad.

That said, who knows whether those prospects would be "good enough" relative to the types of prospects Fran Brown and staff can recruit.

And also, nobody should be disappointed with landing Ross / Hornsby over Syair.

I'm guessing that it would have been different if he never changed his commitment but after he did I suppose all bets are off.

I thought Ingram was one of our best DT’s for the time he played on the field. I think he came in a bit out of shape so bad to earn back some trust but i thought he was good when he played more towards the end of the season.

Yep, rehabbing that knee and getting into physical AND mental shape after that was a positive work in progress.

Amazing turn of events

We would have loved to land Brown, Love, Syair a month ago - and a month ago the odds were close to 0 of that happening.

Now the odds of that happening are still 0 - because our new coach aimed higher and found prospects who they regard as better fits for their team and program

Funny how things work out
Not just aimed higher, but had the chops to get them. I hope people don't think our problems before were simply that we didn't go after good enough prospects. There were a number of good ones we went after and couldn't land. This staff is like nothing we've had with regards to recruiting.

Last edited:
Boston College isn't even in Boston
I spent a couple weeks at Boston College attending a seminar. Great campus. Trouble is only a small fraction of the students get to stay on campus. The rest have to be bused 20 minutes to where a lot of dorms are. I could see the students all lined up waiting for the buses to go to their dorms. Imagine attending a night game at the dome and having to take a bus to Camillus or Manlius.

Thought I read on here there's also some family ruffled feathers with what happened to his brother and that this guy wanted out of Syracuse. Maybe the issue is the player/family and not Syracuse coaches?
I don’t see how his brother’s situation could not have impacted his own thinking. Too bad. Things just didn’t work out for Symir.

I spent a couple weeks at Boston College attending a seminar. Great campus. Trouble is only a small fraction of the students get to stay on campus. The rest have to be bused 20 minutes to where a lot of dorms are. I could see the students all lined up waiting for the buses to go to their dorms. Imagine attending a night game at the dome and having to take a bus to Camillus or Manlius.
It is a chittier Fordham

You don't recruit a local kid unless you're sure he's going to play .... no guarantee with Symir.

Some of these photos are strange/funny. What is this one all about? Is he embarrassed, thus hiding his face? To be fair, I still don't really get the one with our recruits on a phone.
mimicking a Draft call?

I thought Ingram was one of our best DT’s for the time he played on the field. I think he came in a bit out of shape so had to earn back some trust, but i thought he was good when he played more towards the end of the season.
I totally agree. He would be a good 3 tech. want a big dude for 1i spot. Dont think we have any really good returners for that spot.

I saw every game this year. Early in the season he often had happy feet in the pocket and didn’t have a good sense of how much time he had. He also didn’t do a good job on his check-downs, just locked in on his primary. He continued to improve game by game and got much more comfortable. He’s a pocket passer and I think will do very well here, but I think we definitely need to improve the OL.