Class of 2019 - WR Tyrone Broden Jr (MI) Portal from BGSU to Arkansas | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2019 WR Tyrone Broden Jr (MI) Portal from BGSU to Arkansas

This one is done.
10 things i hate about you film GIF

He's a more accomplished Alford.
Broden: 32 catches for 506 yards
Alford: 20 catches for 429 yards, including 268 yards in his last 5 games.
So Broden was a little more productive, albeit w/ lesser competition on his team and in his conference. I'm always happy to take a quality player, but think we'll be good at receiver next year w/ or w/o him.

Broden: 32 catches for 506 yards
Alford: 20 catches for 429 yards, including 268 yards in his last 5 games.
So Broden was a little more productive, albeit w/ lesser competition on his team and in his conference. I'm always happy to take a quality player, but think we'll be good at receiver next year w/ or w/o him.
Broden's 7 TDs to 2 suggest he was quite a bit more productive.

Broden didn’t exactly light it up versus tougher competition but the measurables seem to be there.

The oldest rule of the transfer portal, the first Glory to God mentioned team is guaranteed said player.
Yeah but the first rule of the transfer portal is you don’t talk about the transfer portal.

Broden didn’t exactly light it up versus tougher competition but the measurables seem to be there.

And how did the rest of his teammates do? Did they light it up? The wide receiver is dependent upon the quarterback who is dependent upon the offensive line.

I doubt we have a chance with this kid though unless there is a pre-existing relationship.

And how did the rest of his teammates do? Did they light it up? The wide receiver is dependent upon the quarterback who is dependent upon the offensive line.

I doubt we have a chance with this kid though unless there is a pre-existing relationship.
It appears there is a preexisting relationship.

Just my 2 cents but these type kids don't really fit the portal type for Syracuse the kids that have played very well at smaller non P5 schools all seem to be looking to transfer to bigger P5 programs, they were overlooked out of HS and now most seem to value the larger offers to try and prove themselves on the biggest stage at the bigger schools.

I think our profile is the higher rated recruits out of HS that have found themselves buried on a depth chart at a factory school or ones that are from the Northeast that want to transfer closer to home. They are most likely still an unproven commodity at the P5 level but big value on the opportunity to play and show their skills.

But hey you never know how the prior relationships will pan out. The colorado/ Sean Lewis connection might come into play here if he recruited him out of HS as well

Just my 2 cents but these type kids don't really fit the portal type for Syracuse the kids that have played very well at smaller non P5 schools all seem to be looking to transfer to bigger P5 programs, they were overlooked out of HS and now most seem to value the larger offers to try and prove themselves on the biggest stage at the bigger schools.

I think our profile is the higher rated recruits out of HS that have found themselves buried on a depth chart at a factory school or ones that are from the Northeast that want to transfer closer to home. They are most likely still an unproven commodity at the P5 level but big value on the opportunity to play and show their skills.

But hey you never know how the prior relationships will pan out. The colorado/ Sean Lewis connection might come into play here if he recruited him out of HS as well
good post. Its why i want us to offer every good player within the 6-hour radius. NY NJ PA ECT

good post. Its why i want us to offer every good player within the 6-hour radius. NY NJ PA ECT

Yep get them 2nd time around and you can hit the ground running, just good business. Amazing what you can come up with by continuing to keep your hat in the ring and handling initial defeat with dignity and class. It can really come back around big time. A lot of times people don't forget and put value on it

this 100%. basically, kids like this are the same kind of battles we lose with HS kids, too many big programs get involved, we need to move on. You nailed it perfectly in terms of what portal kids we can get. The Youngstown State transfer WR who just hit the portal may fit the profile if we are interested in him like we were when he was in HS

this 100%. basically, kids like this are the same kind of battles we lose with HS kids, too many big programs get involved, we need to move on. You nailed it perfectly in terms of what portal kids we can get. The Youngstown State transfer WR who just hit the portal may fit the profile if we are interested in him like we were when he was in HS

Get the kids who are looking for a change and immediate PT. Probably already chased the bright lights and didn't find what they were looking for or promised. Ie; they have been humbled a bit. Dino even said as much in his press conference. The kids want to study the roster, the system, meet the coordinators and see where they fit and where the path for playing time is. Cut and dry.

I think the true portal candidates can be identified rather easily. I am sure they will chase a few kids here and there but it's pretty clear to see

Yep get them 2nd time around and you can hit the ground running, just good business. Amazing what you can come up with by continuing to keep your hat in the ring and handling initial defeat with dignity and class. It can really come back around big time. A lot of times people don't forget and put value on it

Yeah the idea of burning bridges b/c a recruit picked a different school originally is probably not a winning strategy. Especially for us.

Get the kids who are looking for a change and immediate PT. Probably already chased the bright lights and didn't find what they were looking for or promised. Ie; they have been humbled a bit. Dino even said as much in his press conference. The kids want to study the roster, the system, meet the coordinators and see where they fit and where the path for playing time is. Cut and dry.

I think the true portal candidates can be identified rather easily. I am sure they will chase a few kids here and there but it's pretty clear to see

These are also the types of kids if they have more than one year of eligibility left are likely staying here for the long haul. They got sold a bill of goods and realized the reality isn’t what they were told during recruited. They know what they want now that they know better and if they come here it’s for football but other reasons that keep them here; relationship with teammates, coaches, environment, the degree and not having to fly to the west coast twice a year.

TYRONE BRODEN TRANSFER PORTAL OUT OF BOWLING GREEN W. BLOOMFIELD HS MI
#0 /# 86 WR 6' 7" 210, 4.42 L, 4.50, 4.52 H 40//STATS 2019: 3G - 0 - 0 - 0 - 0
2020 4G, 6 REC, 97 YDS, AVG 16.2 YDS
2021 11G, 36 REC, 596 YDS, AVG 16.6 YDS, 5 TD
2022 13G,32 REC, 506 YDS, AVG 15.8 YDS, 7 TD
TOT - 31G 72 REC, 199YDS,AVG 16.2 YDS 12 TD

ASSETS PER YOU TUBE FILM: #86

VERY FAST
GREAT HANDS
CATCHES THE BALL
GREAT LENGTH
Tyrone Broden

TYRONE BRODEN​

2022 SEASON STATS​

• REC
  • YDS
  • TD
  • AVG

As a redshirt junior at BG last season, he racked up 506 yards and seven touchdowns on 32 receptions. He finished his career at BG with 1,199 yards and 12 touchdowns on 74 receptions.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom