WWE Thread | Page 100 | Syracusefan.com

WWE Thread

I know Bray Wyatt (not Fiend) isn't for everyone, but he is pretty brilliant with his creative. I think HHH and Wyatt will be good in the new WWE. Been a ton of Wyatt teasers (White Rabbit songs being played in arenas, QR code with cryptic video/hangman game-- the font and word usage, lights flickering in Alexa Bliss' match, etc.) over the past few days. May find out on Smackdown (9/23 @ 9:23)...

I know Bray Wyatt (not Fiend) isn't for everyone, but he is pretty brilliant with his creative. I think HHH and Wyatt will be good in the new WWE. Been a ton of Wyatt teasers (White Rabbit songs being played in arenas, QR code with cryptic video/hangman game-- the font and word usage, lights flickering in Alexa Bliss' match, etc.) over the past few days. May find out on Smackdown (9/23 @ 9:23)...
His original gimmick was interesting at first. The insane cult leader with a crew doing dirty work for him. He ultimately just wasn’t that good as a wrestler IMO, and if I recall, they kinda started getting booked weak, which kindve undercut things.

I can’t stand any of the supernatural stuff though.

His original gimmick was interesting at first. The insane cult leader with a crew doing dirty work for him. He ultimately just wasn’t that good as a wrestler IMO, and if I recall, they kinda started getting booked weak, which kindve undercut things.

I can’t stand any of the supernatural stuff though.
Agreed. Original Wyatt family stuff was pretty good. With Vince out of the picture, a return to something like that could be really good.

Not sold on Karrion Kross as a top of the card wrestler.
That being said his voice impression of Jesse Ventura is bang on. Close your eyes and you are convinced its Jesse

Not sure exactly where Big E is in his recovery, but it sure was good to see him having fun and being himself yesterday...

P.S. Get Urban off TV.

I taped it. Will watch it at some point over next few days.
I saw the Tweet about the ending but did not see it.

Hot take: he’ll be boring by Royal Rumble.
college gameday sport GIF

Lol, his matches just ultimately never deliver.

I mean, if he loses the stupid supernatural crap and jsut goes back to being a creepy cult leader sociopath….great!

What happens when it’s time for the match though? That stupid backwards crabwalk ain’t it.

Be “Jake the Snake” - no nonsense and hard hitting with a lights out finisher that comes out of nowhere….. or piss off.

Reigns and Paul delivered a very good match today -- perhaps overbooked at times.

Logan Paul is heck of a wrestler for only having his 3rd match. His first two matches were very competent, and this one was strong. Its clear he is taking the WWE serious and has some significant natural athleticism and wrestling ability,

Unfortunately story lines around him don't really make sense -- he should be an arrogant heel for a while, rather than trying to make him a face, -- and then after a longer time get the respect from fans for his ability and turn.

Also always looks bad when a celebrity comes in with no experience and does just as good against top level talent as experienced starts. But at least Logan Paul is quite good in this case.

Last edited:
Have Zayn win the Rumble. Reigns tells him to forfeit the shot, he refuses, they beat him down.

Owens and eventually The Rock side with him.

6 man tag at mania with a stipulation that Zayn/Owens each win a title if their team wins vs….Rock’s career on the line, or something.

Good guys win, Sami is a made new star.

Have Zayn win the Rumble. Reigns tells him to forfeit the shot, he refuses, they beat him down.

6 man tag at mania with a stipulation that Zayn/Owens each win a title if their team wins vs….Rock’s career on the line, or something.

Sami will get at least a few PPV main events out of this, unless they totally screw this up. He is over with fans right now.

Bloodline Sami Zayn stuff is the only thing I have stopped to watch in full recently. Some recent shows I have fast forwarded to the segment, then stopped watching after that.

Similar to my watching AEW, and sometimes only watching MJF segments.

That's some good fantasy booking, right there.

Reigns and Paul delivered a very good match today -- perhaps overbooked at times.

Logan Paul is heck of a wrestler for only having his 3rd match. His first two matches were very competent, and this one was strong. Its clear he is taking the WWE serious and has some significant natural athleticism and wrestling ability,

Unfortunately story lines around him don't really make sense -- he should be an arrogant heel for a while, rather than trying to make him a face, -- and then after a longer time get the respect from fans for his ability and turn.

Also always looks bad when a celebrity comes in with no experience and does just as good against top level talent as experienced starts. But at least Logan Paul is quite good in this case.

The Paul’s take their roles seriously.

I no longer consider them ‘celebrity’ side shows.

The boxer will run into a hammer at some point, but the wrestler has staying power.

He could pull the WWE into a new era.

The Paul’s take their roles seriously.

I no longer consider them ‘celebrity’ side shows.

The boxer will run into a hammer at some point, but the wrestler has staying power.

He could pull the WWE into a new era.
He is that good, especially considering his lack of experience. He's only 27.

However, he appears to have suffered a serious knee injury during the match:

The Feb PPV is in Montreal, so I'm betting Sami and KO beat the Uso's for the tag belts at that show.

I love Sami, he's been amazing. But they've been building Roman for so long I just can't imagine Sami will be the one to beat him

The Feb PPV is in Montreal, so I'm betting Sami and KO beat the Uso's for the tag belts at that show.

I love Sami, he's been amazing. But they've been building Roman for so long I just can't imagine Sami will be the one to beat him
Maybe The Rock gets the pin. Setting up a one on one Rock - Roman blood feud match at the next PPV where Reigns takes out The Rock for good.

That gives Zayn some time to cook as the champion in a different feud. And then depending on how it’s going, you can either run with it or have Reigns take the title back a few months later?

Maybe The Rock gets the pin. Setting up a one on one Rock - Roman blood feud match at the next PPV where Reigns takes out The Rock for good.

That gives Zayn some time to cook as the champion in a different feud. And then depending on how it’s going, you can either run with it or have Reigns take the title back a few months later?

One thing you could do is since Roman has two belts, somehow do some finish in a match where Sami gets one of the belts and Roman has the other?

I don't know what the WWE plan for Roman is, and I don't know if they know the end game either. Sami just doesn't strike me as the kind of guy they would use to get the first win over Roman

Forgot about that Montreal PPV... had read about that a few weeks ago.
Zayn will certainly be in the main event there, however the storyline is progressing.

I totally forgot about Cody, I assume he is the plan to beat Roman.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoachDiddi

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom