WWE Thread | Page 99 | Syracusefan.com

WWE Thread

So far the WWE product has been better, based on my limited scattered viewing in recent weeks.

Its good that HHH has brought in some neglected NXT talent (from before the 2.0) era. That being said bringing in former NXT guys seems to be the big move that HHH has done over several times already -- he hasn't done too much with experienced talent that has been not really utilized well.

Kevin Owens, Rollins, Riddle, Zayn, Styles, Nakamura, Kingston, Woods, Edge... a bunch of talent was not even used at the last PPV Summerslam. These are good wrestlers that have been hurt by WWE booking -- I would like to see HHH to improve the product by using these guys better and I am not sure they really are at this point..

Really his main move so far creatively have been NXT call-ups or pushing guys like Champa. Not bad at all - but would like to see a little more with established talent and improving their utilization.

EDIT - I will also add that so far there is still no sign of Omos (unless I missed it)., which is certainly a good thing.
HHH has been pushing both the IC and US championships. Much needed to make them have meaning again, especially with Roman having both big belts and not defending them on the regular.

KO/Sammy, Seth/Riddle, Nakamura, AJ, Edge, Sheamus, Bobby, and Drew have been regulars since HHH has taken over.

There has definitely been an influx of former NXTers since Hunter has taken over creative. But it has been a good mix.

I think Omos has been seen once since he took over.

HHH has been pushing both the IC and US championships. Much needed to make them have meaning again, especially with Roman having both big belts and not defending them on the regular.

KO/Sammy, Seth/Riddle, Nakamura, AJ, Edge, Sheamus, Bobby, and Drew have been regulars since HHH has taken over.

There has definitely been an influx of former NXTers since Hunter has taken over creative. But it has been a good mix.

I think Omos has been seen once since he took over.

Improving the situation around the US and Intercontinental belt is big in itself.
Those titles should be defended at every pay per view, and there are some including Wrestlemania where I think neither was defended.

Improving the situation around the US and Intercontinental belt is big in itself.
Those titles should be defended at every pay per view, and there are some including Wrestlemania where I think neither was defended.

I don't mind Gunther but since i'm a 90's kid, I would not mind a return to the tradition of the IC title being for good workers and a stepping stone to the top title picture. I would love to see Sami Zayn and AJ Styles in an IC title match.

122D4453-EAB4-4112-B51A-7FACCB978190.jpeg

Wow! That's a card. Doom was Ron Simmons and Butch Reed IIRC. Steiners, Bam, Bam. Very nice card.

Don't forget getting to see John Laurinitis. After seeing him on WWE TV for years he was clearly a perfect fit for the Dynamic Dudes.

Matt Riddle is quite the texter.

I suppose at the end of the day sexting crazy / abnormal stuff should not do you in. The part saying he wants to take some Coke and Molly will not help his case however.

Apparently the WWE has changed some "one name" performers back to two names.

Theory is going back to Austin Theory
Riddle went back to Matt Riddle last night.
Champa was also called Tomaso by the Miz last night.

And that is not a bad thing. "Theory" was the worst.

Apparently the WWE has changed some "one name" performers back to two names.

Theory is going back to Austin Theory
Riddle went back to Matt Riddle last night.
Champa was also called Tomaso by the Miz last night.

And that is not a bad thing. "Theory" was the worst.
Yup. Sounds like Braun Strowman is the next guy being brought back.

Also, sounds like they're calling up Solo Sikoa (the Usos younger brother) to Smackdown.

Last edited:
Who else is running 2 TV’s today between college football and Clash at the Castle starting at 1pm?

Who else is running 2 TV’s today between college football and Clash at the Castle starting at 1pm?

Typically watch all my wrestling on PVR -- WWE or AEW. Will do the same today (golfing)
Makes viewing more enjoyable and convenient for me.

I suppose it also speaks to level of excitement. I enjoy the products, but its not must see Live TV for me typically.

Typically watch all my wrestling on PVR -- WWE or AEW. Will do the same today (golfing)
Makes viewing more enjoyable and convenient for me.

I suppose it also speaks to level of excitement. I enjoy the products, but its not must see Live TV for me typically.
I respect that - it’s how I’d normally watch this in the past. But with the Triple H era being much more exciting recently, I’m doing Clash live today. I have a feeling we’re getting a surprise or 2 - and the crowd is HOT.

Think I’m done for a bit with WWE. This was the perfect time to get the belts off Roman. The UK crowd was the best crowd they have had in years. McIntyre deserved the huge pop in front of his home crowd. To have a third Uso brother appear and steal the match for Roman was lame. Had high hopes for Triple H but not so sure anymore. Two plus years of Roman dominance and it’s well past its time. Having Tyson Fury sing karaoke with the crowd to calm them down just added insult to injury. I’ll watch the Rumble and WrestleMania as more of a tradition but I honestly don’t care what happens from now til then. I assume Roman will have the titles til WrestleMania where Cody might dethrone him or they will put the Rock in his way and have him lose too.

The busiest man in WWE is going to be even busier...

WWE has officially elevated Triple H to Chief Content Officer of the company. As Chief Content Officer, he will now oversee creative writing, talent relations, live events, talent development and creative services.

Stay healthy, Mr. Hs!

I will give Sheamus credit, even if MJF is owning him here.

He has had alot of good to very good TV and PPV matches the last couple years... ultimately highlighted by his great match vs Gunther.

Dustin gets it.

A lot of those Indy flippy kicks gymnastics guys don’t - which is why I can’t watch their matches.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RDembowski

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom