WWE Thread | Page 114 | Syracusefan.com

WWE Thread

This is probably the most booing that Roman Reigns has had in a while. And most of the time the booing / noise is because in this run he is a great heel involved in good storylines.

Its possible this time though it could be more fan frustration based - more like the Roman of pre-2020 Let's see what they can do over the next few week.s
I’m totally fine with Roman winning. I don’t understand the thought Cody won’t remain a contender or over.

I’m totally fine with Roman winning. I don’t understand the thought Cody won’t remain a contender or over.

I tend to lean towards your side. Chasing may work better for now than holding. I'm giving it some time,

But I know there is a lot of people out there that feel differently .. not that their wrong or I'm right.

I mean….the crowd was HOT. And there were several logical points in the match for Cody to win.

I’ve talked about it many times, how the false finishes drive me nuts and almost make me stop caring when they do it 5 times in 5 different matches on the card. But when the crowd is THAT hot, I can accept it. But they just kept doing it….and then had him lose. Lol.

You’re not getting a bigger moment for Zayn than when he could’ve won it. And now you’re not getting a bigger moment for Cody. In all likelihood. If they manage to pull it off, I’ll shut up. But it’s hard to see.

I've heard that the Saudi deal will continue--at least until the contract,which has a few years to run, expires.

Betcha it continues after that. Money talks.

I've heard that the Saudi deal will continue--at least until the contract,which has a few years to run, expires.

Betcha it continues after that. Money talks.

I can't see them stopping if the Saudi's keep paying. They already went through the backlash stage with limited consequences.

There’s the lesnar heel turn. I honestly loved face brock

I mean….the crowd was HOT. And there were several logical points in the match for Cody to win.

I’ve talked about it many times, how the false finishes drive me nuts and almost make me stop caring when they do it 5 times in 5 different matches on the card. But when the crowd is THAT hot, I can accept it. But they just kept doing it….and then had him lose. Lol.

You’re not getting a bigger moment for Zayn than when he could’ve won it. And now you’re not getting a bigger moment for Cody. In all likelihood. If they manage to pull it off, I’ll shut up. But it’s hard to see.

I find it nearly impossible to believe Cody is ever going to be hotter than he was on Sunday. Anything is possible, but the crowd was molten for him Sunday night. Him winning there caps off an incredible two day run for the company, I still just cant believe they didnt do it.

And from a trade off standpoint; Roman is a made guy. I really don't think he is going to get substantially more over by continuing this reign. It's already going down in history, the guy can easily eat a loss with no real impact. I don't think you can say that is the case with Cody. Maybe in a year Cody is just as over as he was now. Maybe? But maybe not! Roman is made. Was time to make another guy.

The more I think about it the more baffled I get.

(The funniest thing of all this to me is I don't even like cody that much. Also partly why I think theres little chance he will ever be any hotter.)

Is it just me, or has anyone ever made himself look as stoopid on purpose as the current incarnation of Vince, with his crooked pencil 'stache and his black-dyed hairpiece?

I mean, what's up with that?

Is it just me, or has anyone ever made himself look as stoopid on purpose as the current incarnation of Vince, with his crooked pencil 'stache and his black-dyed hairpiece?

He has to get to the train tracks to tie up women...
rocky and bullwinkle GIF

My biggest concern is that employment agreement he signed on Friday, and the rumours that he was back to changing the script on the fly at RAW.

The stache looks beyond stupid. The hair not as bad -- just an odd look given how we know him. And looks like he did some work on his face as well.

I think he lost some sanity in the 5 months or so where he was clearly removed from WWE operations.

I would feel bad for him because this is what often happens to people who retire and have difficulty detaching. But of course his was deservably forced so you can't feel bad at all.

Last edited:
I'm old enough to remember the New Zealand Sheepherders. They were great brawling heels.

One of the most distinct character changes in history. From brutal heels to lovable kid friendly team.

The Bushwhackers were a great "retirement plan" of sort for them.
They were in some brutal bloody matches and I am sure it wasn't easy on their bodies.

Then they get bet paid good money to basically spend their last years in a comedic role in nothing overly physical. And then could use that fame to make money after stopping in the ring.

I find it nearly impossible to believe Cody is ever going to be hotter than he was on Sunday. Anything is possible, but the crowd was molten for him Sunday night. Him winning there caps off an incredible two day run for the company, I still just cant believe they didnt do it.

And from a trade off standpoint; Roman is a made guy. I really don't think he is going to get substantially more over by continuing this reign. It's already going down in history, the guy can easily eat a loss with no real impact. I don't think you can say that is the case with Cody. Maybe in a year Cody is just as over as he was now. Maybe? But maybe not! Roman is made. Was time to make another guy.

The more I think about it the more baffled I get.

(The funniest thing of all this to me is I don't even like cody that much. Also partly why I think theres little chance he will ever be any hotter.)

I'll try to address it - and my answer is devil's advocate as I do lean to the side that Cody should have been made champion.

- The best business the WWE has made in years (between WM38 and WM39) is with hot characters chasing

- Fans tend to view what is best for business as changing titles at peak moment. But business wise this isn't always best -- WWE runs a 12 month calendar -- TV and PPV's/ They could think there is a lot more money to be made by stretching a good story out longer - the peak moment for a change is always WM, but $ wise its not always the best moment. They have to give fans quality content throughout the year.

The risk of not doing things at peak is losing fans of course. So its not staight X vs Y comparison either.

- Also have to think of what are you going to do once Cody is champion - are their good long term stories there.

- Roman at a champ is the rock behind storylines working. A strong champion can be the basis for stronger chasers. Maybe they think they have some strong storylines down the pipe, that are better than fresh matchups with Cody as champ.

As I said this is all a bit of a devil's advocate view.

Cody apparently has done remarkable merchandise, and has had a huge impact on house shows. Which Roman typically does not do (house shows that is). There was real concern (all over the net and here) that Cody would face some backlash after the Sami fallout, and he really didn't. I think all matters considered it was the time to go with him.

Last edited:
I'll try to address it - and my answer is devil's advocate as I do lean to the side that Cody should have been made champion.

- The best business the WWE has made in years (between WM38 and WM39) is with hot characters chasing

- Fans tend to view what is best for business as changing titles at peak moment. But business wise this isn't always best -- WWE runs a 12 month calendar -- TV and PPV's/ They could think there is a lot more money to be made by stretching a good story out longer - the peak moment for a change is always WM, but $ wise its not always the best moment. They have to give fans quality content throughout the year.

The risk of not doing things at peak is losing fans of course. So its not staight X vs Y comparison either.

- Also have to think of what are you going to do once Cody is champion - are their good long term stories there.

- Roman at a champ is the rock behind storylines working. A strong champion can be the basis for stronger chasers. Maybe they think they have some strong storylines down the pipe, that are better than fresh matchups with Cody as champ.

As I said this is all a bit of a devil's advocate view.

Cody apparently has done remarkable merchandise, and has had a huge impact on house shows. Which Roman typically does not do (house shows that is). There was real concern (all over the net and here) that Cody would face some backlash after the Sami fallout, and he really didn't. I think all matters considered it was the time to go with him.
I’m not a Cody guy but seemed pretty straightforward to me. He should have won while he’s red hot with the fans. Could have dropped the Universal belt to whatever show he’s not on. Maybe even do a Money in the Bank for the title rather than a briefcase.

I would have had Sheamus pin McIntyre and win the Intercontinental also. Gunther seems like the guy who would dethrone Cody in a few months. But alas, I guess they want to drag out this Bloodline angle instead.

My question: Is Triple H out of booking Raw and Smackdown altogether? That Monday Raw was clearly the work of VKM. Vince hasn't had 'it' for awhile. If the Endeavor folks believe that he still does, they will be sorely disappointed. We could well see that steady erosion of the TV audiences that was happening before Vince went away.

I’m not a Cody guy but seemed pretty straightforward to me. He should have won while he’s red hot with the fans. Could have dropped the Universal belt to whatever show he’s not on. Maybe even do a Money in the Bank for the title rather than a briefcase.

I would have had Sheamus pin McIntyre and win the Intercontinental also. Gunther seems like the guy who would dethrone Cody in a few months. But alas, I guess they want to drag out this Bloodline angle instead.
I was told they bypassed Zayn because Cody winning at Mania was just too good of an opportunity to pass up. Smh.

They should’ve just went with Zayn. They’re not going to get somebody that over anytime soon, and have the added perfect timing bonus of having it in his home area.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoachDiddi

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom