WWE Thread | Page 115 | Syracusefan.com

WWE Thread

I was told they bypassed Zayn because Cody winning at Mania was just too good of an opportunity to pass up. Smh.

They should’ve just went with Zayn. They’re not going to get somebody that over anytime soon, and have the added perfect timing bonus of having it in his home area.
I don't disagree regards to Sami. But had they gone that route, Sami would be beltless already with Vince back in charge as of Monday. Either way, Sami nor Cody have it. Shame, shame VKM.

Can someone give me the cliff notes of how/why Vince is in charge again? Who signed up for that, and why?

I was told they bypassed Zayn because Cody winning at Mania was just too good of an opportunity to pass up. Smh.

They should’ve just went with Zayn. They’re not going to get somebody that over anytime soon, and have the added perfect timing bonus of having it in his home area.

I'm not overly cynical on the move. I think with HHH in creative they could have made multiple scenarios work.

My concern now is Vince. Whether the champ is Roman, Sami, or Cody the product is likely going to suffer.

Can someone give me the cliff notes of how/why Vince is in charge again? Who signed up for that, and why?

He officially became an employee of the company again last Friday. It's pretty clear that Vince wanted the acquiree of the WWE to allow him to retain power.

Some Background
In July 2022, he resigned as an employee and board member after crap came out. But as we have learned this was purely voluntary from a "best for business" view.

He never did enough wrong (or the WWE) to have him severely sanctioned by the SEC, so that he was forced out by them.

In January 2023, he came back as a board member but not an employee - this did restrict his ability to get involved in active operations (in theory anyway). A corporate governance issue. And for the most part, while there were rumblings he was around, nothing really out there saying that he was in control of any shows or meddling much.

Last Friday, he was hired back as an employee of the company. Obviously the timing of this was to have the contract in place before an acquisition / merger was completed. As an employee again he can get into the weeds and active operations all he wants.

As to why he was able to become an employee again?
- It would seem that was really important to Vince when he considered sale agreements. Power over the day to day.
- With WWE he was the controlling voting shareholder what he wants, he gets. Nothing wrong with that, shareholders understand that as a risk when you buy into WWE.
- Endeavor agreed to his senior employee role, and that's probably a big part as to why he agreed to sell to theml. He may have not agreed otherwise.
- So he was back at it heavily involved on RAW on Monday, pissing everyone off.

The only difference going forward is that Endeavor ultimately controls the WWE and Vince... so theoretically if they get pissed with him or his performance, they can let him go. He is just a big shareholder, who no longer controls the company. And if they let him go he gets a nice severance. But its not about the money for Vince, its about wanting to keep some power.

-------

On another note.
Did piss off some shareholders? I'm sure it does. On the day of the sale, the shares fell from $90 to $85... (about 6%) ... I think those that bought in looking to capitalize on an outright sale, were disappointed by the fact that this was a de facto merger. So they sold out.

But in 2 days the price has risen back from $85 to $99. The "longer term value" shareholders I think liked the deal. From my perspective it was a good deal because WWE shareholders get 49% of the value of UFC, to give up 51% of the value of WWE. And apparently, the UFC is worth quite a bit more than the WWE - 30% based on internal valuations per Endeavor.

Last edited:
Bottom line and oversimplified: He still owned most of the voting shares of WWE stock.

Yep - simple but well stated - he could do whatever he wanted to while he owned the WWE unless the SEC forced him out.

He may not have accepted Endeavor's deal unless they agreed to give him power over active WWE operations moving forward.

Last edited:
As an overriding point, Vince could only get firmly forced out of the WWE from an employee or board position, if he committed a serious SEC violation and the SEC ruled that he had to leave. The hush payments, and the accounting issue did not meet that threshold.

So when he did quit last year it was largely voluntary, doing "a best for company stock" resignation. But ultimately it was always his choice to come back - and he did.

At least now its Endeavor's choice as to whether he stays around (they can force him out via severance). But as I said above Vince must have some trust with them.

Last edited:
He officially became an employee of the company again last Friday. It's pretty clear that Vince wanted the acquiree of the WWE to allow him to retain power.

Some Background
In July 2022, he resigned as an employee and board member after crap came out.

In January 2023, he came back as a board member but not an employee - this did restrict his ability to get involved in active operations (in theory anyway). A corporate governance issue. And for the most part, while there were rumblings he was around, nothing really out there saying that he was in control of any shows or meddling much.

Last Friday, he was hired back as an employee of the company. Obviously the timing of this was to have the contract in place before an acquisition / merger was completed. As an employee again he can get into the weeds and active operations all he wants.

As to why he was able to become an employee again?
- It would seem that was really important to Vince when he considered sale agreements. Power over the day to day.
- With WWE he was the controlling voting shareholder what he wants, he gets. Nothing wrong with that, shareholders understand that as a risk when you buy into WWE.
- Endeavor agreed to his senior employee role, and that's probably a big part as to why he agreed to sell to theml. He may have not agreed otherwise.
- So he was back at it heavily involved on RAW on Monday, pissing everyone off.

The only difference going forward is that Endeavor ultimately controls the WWE and Vince... so theoretically if they get pissed with him or his performance, they can let him go. He is just a big shareholder, who no longer controls the company. And if they let him go he gets a nice severance. But its not about the money for Vince, its about wanting to keep some power.

-------

On another note.
Did piss off some shareholders? I'm sure it does. On the day of the sale, the shares fell from $90 to $85... (about 6%) ... I think those that bought in looking to capitalize on an outright sale, were disappointed by the fact that this was a de facto merger. So they sold out.

But in 2 days the price has risen back from $85 to $99. The "longer term value" shareholders I think liked the deal. From my perspective it was a good deal because WWE shareholders get 49% of the value of UFC, to give up 51% of the value of WWE. And apparently, the UFC is worth quite a bit more than the WWE - 30% based on internal valuations per Endeavor.
Wow.

These 80 year old rich guys who seemingly know nothing beyond their job…it’s sad.

Greatest SU alum pro rassler ever? Dick 'The Destroyer' Beyer:

#2? Mike Rotunda:

Let us not forget 'Moose', aka Quinn Ojinnaka, former SU and NFL football player:

No, I'm not an obsessive...

Some good matches at Night of Champions in Saudi... but also some meh matches. It just ended.. 1:00-4:15. Bloodline story took another major twist. I won't spoil it for those that may still want to watch.

Today was also day 1,000 of Roman's title reign.

Last edited:
Some good matches at Night of Champions in Saudi... but also some meh matches. It just ended.. 1:00-4:15. Bloodline story took another major twist. I won't spoil it for those that may still want to watch.

Rollins winning was so predictable, but Styles is so much better.

What an effin' joke. How many title matches has he had during that time? I'm betting less than 1/4 of what Bruno or even Bob Backlund had.

What an effin' joke. How many title matches has he had during that time? I'm betting less than 1/4 of what Bruno or even Bob Backlund had.
I think it would be a mistake to drag it out until next year’s Wrestlemania.

They may never have the moments they could’ve had for Zayn and then Rhodes at Mania, but I think he should lose at Summerslam.

Lesnar-Rhodes was my favorite match from the recent PPV. I just can’t do the long for no reason matches anymore. They just drag so much, in the middle. Everytime.

I think it would be a mistake to drag it out until next year’s Wrestlemania.

They may never have the moments they could’ve had for Zayn and then Rhodes at Mania, but I think he should lose at Summerslam.

Lesnar-Rhodes was my favorite match from the recent PPV. I just can’t do the long for no reason matches anymore. They just drag so much, in the middle. Everytime.
WWE has always enjoyed the babyface chasing the heel champ. Hogan obviously did it multiple times (vs Macho Man and vs Sgt Slaughter) but I agree. Reigns is boring to me now and doesn't wrestle enough. It's time for him to drop the belts.

Maybe Rhodes wins it at Summerslam much like Brock Lesnar beating Rock at Summerslam signaled a change in the title picture.

I’ve said this before but the old school ppvs on peacock are awesome to watch. Totally worth the price.
Hilarious - it’s pouring rain and I just picked up a pizza and a 6 pack, and fired up Peacock and am figuring out which PPV to go with for the evening and then I see your post. $4.99 a month is an absolute steal.

I’ve said this before but the old school ppvs on peacock are awesome to watch. Totally worth the price.
I was actually going to watch one this weekend. Can't decide if I'm going classic Hogan era or Attitude. Open to suggestions.

I was actually going to watch one this weekend. Can't decide if I'm going classic Hogan era or Attitude. Open to suggestions.

In terms of number of good matches, I think a lot of the early 2000 PPVs after buying WCW are the sweet spot. Roster was absolutely loaded.

I’m kinda on a Randy Savage kick, so I might go for a WM 4 watch. He should’ve main evented WM 7 for the title against Warrior, WM 8 against Flair, and IMO WM 9 against Hart. Maybe 10 too. Never made sense to me why he was phased out as a wrestler in 93.

Sleeper pick: WCW Beach Blast 92. Precursor to the Bash at the Beach PPVs. Ross and Ventura on commentary. Steamboat - Rude. Sting - Cactus Jack. Steiners vs Terry Gordy and Steve Williams. Rhodes, Windham, Koloff vs. Austin, Arn Anderson, Bobby Eaton. Pillman - Scotty Flamingo aka Raven. I LOVE some early 90s WCW though because they let guys like Rude and Steamboat shine so much more than WWF ever did.

Never made sense to me why he was phased out as a wrestler in 93.
3adab5c9-macho-man-1.jpg

Always thought that was just a wild rumor that was debunked.

And, I mean….why would Vince continue to employ him as a commentator and still sometimes use him as a wrestler? Also, Vince gave a tearful on air farewell when Savage first left WWF in like 94.

Doesn’t add up to me.

But neither does putting Savage on ice for 2 years, and then having him go to WCW and be one of their main guys for the next 3-4 years.

Savage was like their best guy in 92 and they just shut him down, lmaosmh.

Always thought that was just a wild rumor that was debunked.

And, I mean….why would Vince continue to employ him as a commentator and still sometimes use him as a wrestler? Also, Vince gave a tearful on air farewell when Savage first left WWF in like 94.

Doesn’t add up to me.

But neither does putting Savage on ice for 2 years, and then having him go to WCW and be one of their main guys for the next 3-4 years.

Savage was like their best guy in 92 and they just shut him down, lmaosmh.
Could it have been the steroid trial ?

Survivor series 2003 was loaded and the Rock was not even there. Royal rumble 2001 is great. Obviously WM 17.

Just watched ECW One Night Stand 2005 tonight. Considered one of the best ppvs ever.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom