WWE Thread | Page 96 | Syracusefan.com

WWE Thread

He will be teaming up with his son-in-law, Andrade, to take on Jeff Jarrett and Jay Lethal. This will be an independent show and have guys from different companies on the card.
WWE/AEW special agreement to go one on one with the Stinger one more time, or bust!

This is really happening...
Vince is retiring..
Steph and Nick Kahn will be Co-CEOs of WWE.

It’s past time for him to retire….which makes me think this is 100% due to the recent allegations.

HHH and Stephanie should’ve been 100% running it for the last 10 years.
He's retiring from ALL his roles in WWE--including as head of Creative. Who's gonna take that role?

…,pick a message board “expert” and I bet they can do better than what’s come out of “creative” since like ‘05.
Agree. I might actually start watching again.

Time to engage in some utterly irresponsible speculation (my specialty!).

This obviously was orchestrated. A Friday afternoon news dump at the start of a summer weekend.

Regardless of what Vince said, he had to step down. He didn't just wake up ten days ago, as he said, and decided that he wanted to, um, spend more time with his family, even though I suppose there's a first time for everything. This, especially the creative, is/was his life. WWE has been prepping itself for a sale for a long time, which explains all the talent cuts and all the corporate cuts despite record profits. No way they could get a full price for the company if the serial s-e-x-ual predator was the CEO. I'm certain that the Board investigation into Vince's conduct revealed a lot more than has been made public.

Some people on here are assuming that this will invariably improve creative. I'm not so sure. Not only is that a soul-crushing job (meaning that Triple H can't do it, considering his heart condition), but what if Brock's walking out of Smackdown is not an outlier? What if guys like Goldberg, Cena, The Rock, Edge, and others, only maintained their involvement with WWE due to their personal relationships with Vince?

Not to mention, with Roman Reigns cutting back on his dates and looking for Hollywood $$'s, is there anyone there who can create new stars?

Time for me to take a deep breath. Don't worry--more irresponsible speculation to follow...

Last edited:
Do you think this means that words like 'wrestling' and 'belts' may now return, and that terms like 'WWE Universe' might disappear?

'Vincespeak' has always struck me as utterly bizarre.
Can we get rid of the disorienting camera work too?? Not sure what made them think I need to see 11 different angled closeups within 5 seconds of some sweaty guy’s face after he gets dropped, but I’m good. Just give me the angle that lets me see the whole ring, and follow the action when it goes outside the ring.

According to reports, Brock Lesnar has walked out of tonight’s Smackdown. Supposedly he said, “if he’s out, I’m out”.
Lol, Brock seems like such a weirdo.

Can we get rid of the disorienting camera work too?? Not sure what made them think I need to see 11 different angled closeups within 5 seconds of some sweaty guy’s face after he gets dropped, but I’m good. Just give me the angle that lets me see the whole ring, and follow the action when it goes outside the ring.
That bleeping camerawork makes the shows virtually unwatchable. I know that they don't want to show how phony the punches, et al, are.

But they've already admitted that it's sports entertainment, and there are way too many cuts.

Gee, it reminds me of--the very first week of the very first XFL. Remember that? Those camera cuts made me dizzy.

For anyone who thinks Creative can't get any worse--Bruce Prichard is now in charge, don't know if this will be 'permanent'. Vince's right-hand man. You may remember him as Brother Love.

He was legit fired by Stephanie McMahon from WWE back in 2008, but Vince brought him back. He's since suffered two heart attacks.

For anyone who thinks Creative can't get any worse--Bruce Prichard is now in charge, don't know if this will be 'permanent'. Vince's right-hand man. You may remember him as Brother Love.

He was legit fired by Stephanie McMahon from WWE back in 2008, but Vince brought him back. He's since suffered two heart attacks.
I’d give it a chance without everything having to go through Vince.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoachDiddi

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom