WWE Thread | Page 95 | Syracusefan.com

WWE Thread

wait, so John Cena is coming back to the WWE??

i got a 7 year old who will lose his little mind if true.
Cena will be playing the role of Kurt Angle and Theory the role of John Cena from 20 years ago. No way Cena wins.

I'm no WWE storyline writer either. However, as Dave Meltzer pointed out, Riddle is really over with the crowd.

So, he gets squashed by Omos last night?

Seems like if Vince loves Theory that much maybe he will do a program with Cena and Cena will put him over.

Really if Theory is over with the crowd during a program with Cena then he instantly becomes a viable main event title guy.
Agreed...
Speaking of returns, I wouldn't be surprised to see John Cena back sooner than later. It's been 20 years oh Cena, and he has been wrestling some dark matches of late. I could see John coming back and running with the US title. Vince loves Theory (current holder), and that would continue to build him up. Theory has some young Cena similarities with a promising future.
They've been pushing Theory more than anyone of late.

He is going to defend the US title and face Bobby Lashley at MITB. I'd like to see Bobby win, but I just don't see it with the Theory push... and Cena's return. Bobby should be in the main event title picture again.

Yeah, that was so dumb.
me and my lil guy have been riding the Riddle wave for a while, so glad we havnt watched in a bit.

would not like to have seen him get beat by that no talent assclown Omos.

me and my lil guy have been riding the Riddle wave for a while, so glad we havnt watched in a bit.

would not like to have seen him get beat by that no talent assclown Omos.

This isn't the 80's or early 90's. Fans have smartened up to big guys. If you can't wrestle...nobody wants to see it. Out of all the guys they let go from NXT it's shocking that this guy has stuck around. He must have a lot of fans/friends backstage.

This isn't the 80's or early 90's. Fans have smartened up to big guys. If you can't wrestle...nobody wants to see it. Out of all the guys they let go from NXT it's shocking that this guy has stuck around. He must have a lot of fans/friends backstage.
Agree.

But guys are sideshow acts, but when the buzzer sounds in the Royal Rumble and out walks one…it’s on.

Keep them in the mix for that, and cage matches and tag teams. I don’t need to see them ‘beat’ superior athletes and wrestlers unless they can work the mic like a champ.

I'm no writer but they should have mcintyre win MITB then cash at summerslam but lose. Set up the rematch in Wales where he wins.

One step closer to this very obvious and satisfying storyline...

Reminder...
The John Cena 20 Year Anniversary is tonight on Raw. He has only done backstage stuff so far. There has been one tribute video package from some wrestlers (including current AEW guys: Big Show, Danielson, Jericho).

Last edited:
McMahon is in the ring again on Raw and coming up next (after the commericals)...

Edit: Just introduced Cena and left. The locker room was all out in tunnel for him to come down to the ring.

Last edited:
Money in the Bank was tonight.

In my opinion the match of the night was Usos vs. Street Profits. The men's MITB match was next best.. ending was meh hough. Bianca is awesome. Ronda not so much.

WWE ran a vignette in the middle of the show. It had Bray Wyatt vibes, but there were some clues (Kurt Angles gold medals, Latino Heat license plate, Hardy Boyz armbands, Dudley Boyz glasses) that it will be someone else. I am going with Edge.

Last edited:
Has Roman Reigns been non existent on every PPV since WrestleMania? I think he has defended the title once against Riddle a few weeks back, and I don't believe he was injured that whole time (if at all)

So odd to unify the titles, and then basically ignore them for 3 months.

Whether you liked Reigns constant top standing or not, his program was largely constantly delivering good matches. I suppose its good to try to put others in the top match.

Last edited:
Has Roman Reigns been non existent on every PPV since WrestleMania? I think he has defended the title once against Riddle a few weeks back, and I don't believe he was injured that whole time (if at all)

So odd to unify the titles, and then basically ignore them for 3 months.

Whether you liked Reigns constant top standing or not, his program was largely constantly delivering good matches. I suppose its good to try to put others in the top match.
The Riddle match on Smackdown is the only televised Reigns match that I recall in that time frame. I know he signed a new contract and with it he got a reduced schedule (not quite like Lesnar's). Sounds like he isn't wrestling at house shows anymore (or will be very rare), and that he is basically off all summer through September (minus Summer Slam).

I'm with you on the unification and then not seeing/using them.

Glad Lashley got a belt back on him.. even though it is only the US Championship. He is so over, and he deserves it and more...

More Vinny Mac...

The deals include a $7.5 million pact with a former wrestler who alleged that McMahon coerced her into giving him oral sex and then demoted her and ultimately declined to renew her contract after she resisted further sexual encounters, people familiar say.

In another deal, a WWE contractor presented the company with unsolicited nude photos of McMahon she reported receiving from him and alleged that he had sexually harassed her on the job, people familiar say. McMahon agreed to pay her roughly $1 million.

In another agreement, a former manager who had worked 10 years for McMahon before he allegedly initiated a sexual relationship with her was paid $1 million to keep quiet about it, people familiar say.

McMahon, like Trump, has a history of 'failing up'. Hotel's a disaster? Sell it for a $100 mill profit.

To me, he survives his unless advertisers start deserting WWE, which would likely require an organized boycott attempt. Which is what I'm rooting for.

Last edited:
McMahon, like Trump, has a history of 'failing up'. Hotel's a disaster? Sell it for a $100 mill profit.

To me, he survives this unless advertisers start deserting WWE, which would likely require an organized boycott attempt. Which is what I'm rooting for.

His trotting out like a total a-hole a few weeks back probably does not help him

It would have been much easier for him to find a way out, if he had just stayed quiet through the allegation phase or showed some semblance of remorse in his first TV appearance.

That being said, as you say, he probably finds a way out.

Last edited:
More Vinny Mac...

The deals include a $7.5 million pact with a former wrestler who alleged that McMahon coerced her into giving him oral sex and then demoted her and ultimately declined to renew her contract after she resisted further sexual encounters, people familiar say.

In another deal, a WWE contractor presented the company with unsolicited nude photos of McMahon she reported receiving from him and alleged that he had sexually harassed her on the job, people familiar say. McMahon agreed to pay her roughly $1 million.

In another agreement, a former manager who had worked 10 years for McMahon before he allegedly initiated a sexual relationship with her was paid $1 million to keep quiet about it, people familiar say.
So the Trish Stratus storyline was a shoot?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RSmith

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom