WWE Thread | Page 112 | Syracusefan.com

WWE Thread

My feed has glitched like 8 times during Rollins’ entrance alone.

Inexcusable in 2023.

I'm about 35 minutes behind, but thankfully that last match stepped things up.
First 2 matches were sort of meh.

Cena-Theory was maybe a C grade.
The second match was entertaining with some good spots as expected, but no stakes or anything compelling to support it - limits the grade you can give it.

Rollins-Paul gets an A for sure. Both of them almost always deliver at PPV's so not unexpected.

I seriously don't know how people get used to the garbage quick camera cuts during the match.
It’s a big factor why I rarely watch the product anymore.

Just completely overproduced crap. Thought it might get better once Vince loses power, but nope.

Give me the old school camera work any day. I’ve been posting for years how it’s just disorienting now. Makes it feel like you’re watching a pieced together, edited in production TV show, as opposed to a “wrestling match”.

Not sure we needed Pat Macafee but him flipping twice was not expected for me

3 best matches of the night going into the main event...
Seth/Logan
4-way tag match
Charlotte/Rhea

And I'm sure this Uso vs Sami/KO main event tag will be awesome...

Two opening matches gave me some concern. Certainly came out with some average stuff.
But it closed very strong, turning around with the Logan Paul match. Have to give night one an A or A-. It was pretty good stuff.

But at close they had 4 good matches.
Charlotte vs Rhea was an A+.
I'll give an A to both the Rollins/Paul match and the main event.

I'll give an A- to the Mysterio Match -- good entrances by both.

I thought they might have brought out LA Knight instead of Macafee in that spot against Miz. Knight is getting some pretty decent pops right now, and I figured they would find a way to use him in one of the 2 nights - perhaps in night 2?

Wasn't really watching the 6 woman match - so can't comment on that one.

Just saw a few tweets in the past 15 minutes from wrestling sites, that the WWE will be purchased by Endeavor as part of a merger. WWE shareholders will still have shares in the new entity.

Rey Mysterio’s entrance was amazing.

Rey and Dom's were great. I actually liked Dom's better.

The change between Dom's character from WM38 to WM39 has been amazing. From a guy you wanted to go away, to a very good heel.

Just saw a few tweets in the past 15 minutes from wrestling sites, that the WWE will be purchased by Endeavor as part of a merger. WWE shareholders will still have shares in the new entity.

Now imagine had Vince listened to Shane twenty three years ago and bought UFC

That would be a notable change of plans from what Endeavor had said.

Of course, when it comes to stuff like this, everybody lies.

Always amused by these guys like Meltzer and a few other guys that I listen to (who are inspired by Meltzer;s rants over the years) that go crazy over the announced WWE attendance figures.

They quote "WrestleTix?" ticket sale figures, which ignores the number of people in suites. Have these guys not been to an arena built in the 2000's? The number of people in luxury suites is by no means insignificant.

Yes, the WWE does count all people in the building in these numbers (and will announce tickets sold in their public info as a different number), but going from 67K to 80K is not that crazy when you consider suite sales, make up a decent amount of that delta. I heard some guy on a podcast today (John Pollock) who said they were probably including the pizza delivery and his 5 family members who were in his head while he was in the arena.

I liked Lesnar’s match. Good to see him bumping and selling.

I like the unpredictability of his matches, in terms of when they’ll end. You don’t have to wait for 3 kick outs on finishers to start expecting an ending.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom