Yahoo Fantasy Football SyracuseFan 2 Group - DISCUSSION THREAD | Syracusefan.com

Yahoo Fantasy Football SyracuseFan 2 Group - DISCUSSION THREAD

AirForceOrange

Hall of Fame
Discussion place for the Yahoo Fantasy Football SyracuseFan 2 Group.

Questions:

How did you like your draft?
Who was your main target and did you get him?
Who is your sleeper/underrated on your team?

Obviously I'm not in this league but curious what draft style you did? My serious league moved to auction style last year. I love it and would never do a regular snake draft ever again.

Obviously I'm not in this league but curious what draft style you did? My serious league moved to auction style last year. I love it and would never do a regular snake draft ever again.

Snake draft...we are definitely not professional fantasy football players...

Sent from my SCH-S738C using Tapatalk 4 Beta

i was surprised at how many people literally filled out their starting lineup, including K/D, before drafting any bench players

i was surprised at how many people literally filled out their starting lineup, including K/D, before drafting any bench players

I filled 2-3 bench spots before picking a D and all but 2 spots before picking a K...guess I went against majority...

The perils of letting Yahoo pick for you. The autodraft computer will pick all your starters first (including K & Def) before going after bench players.

oh man, how did I miss this?

I can work with it tho.

By the way. I joined a leauge at the bar the other day, and we were talking a little bit. I dont remember how it got brought up, but this guy was shocked that I take two QBs. Legit called me an idiot (He's from Texas, and a Cowslut fan, so it didnt mean much).. Having two QBs on my roster is something I've done every year I've played fantasy. You guys go one? Or two?

I can work with it tho.

By the way. I joined a leauge at the bar the other day, and we were talking a little bit. I dont remember how it got brought up, but this guy was shocked that I take two QBs. Legit called me an idiot (He's from Texas, and a Cowslut fan, so it didnt mean much).. Having two QBs on my roster is something I've done every year I've played fantasy. You guys go one? Or two?

Like two QBs total, or two high in the draft? I always grab a second QB some time in the mid rounds before they're all gone, just for good bye week or easy matchup options, and in case of emergency. Don't want to be scrambling for Ryan Tannehill.

Like two QBs total, or two high in the draft? I always grab a second QB some time in the mid rounds before they're all gone, just for good bye week or easy matchup options, and in case of emergency. Don't want to be scrambling for Ryan Tannehill.

I dont go QB in round one and two, I just like having a solid back up for the exact reason you just mentioned

I dont go QB in round one and two, I just like having a solid back up for the exact reason you just mentioned

I'll go QB in one or two (more likely two) if there is a stud available, but usually three and four are fine as well. Lucked out with Peyton in round four last year of my main league and ended up winning the whole thing, and I didn't take an RB till round three (top four picks were Megatron, AJ Green, Forte, Manning). I think RBs are amazingly important but I would pass up a consistent, top flight WR or QB for just a solid RB just because normal fantasy logic dictates that you need to pick an RB first.

I don't love my team. My internet knocked out right before my first two picks. I would not have picked the guy I got first in that spot, and am iffy on whether I would have taken the second pick it autodrafted for me.

Yahoo said I had the worst draft and that I'm projected to finish last.

I can work with it tho.

Last season my team won its league and I had 3 QBs - Manning, Newton, and Schaub. My plan was to use one as trade bait to a QB hungry team, but the other players in my league put WAY too much stock in Yahoo's points projections when evaluating trades.

Last season my team won its league and I had 3 QBs - Manning, Newton, and Schaub. My plan was to use one as trade bait to a QB hungry team, but the other players in my league put WAY too much stock in Yahoo's points projections when evaluating trades.

What size league? I've found in a ten team league it's really difficult to trade QBs.

Unless Manning and Newton had the same bye week, I would definitely never carry a third QB. But you won, so what do I know? I am surprised you couldn't trade Newton, though if i remember he got much better later in the year, so maybe after your trade deadline?

On QBs, assuming we're talking a 10 teamer, and maybe a 12 teamer, if i have a good QB, I don't see the need to carry a second one.

I don't love my team. My internet knocked out right before my first two picks. I would not have picked the guy I got first in that spot, and am iffy on whether I would have taken the second pick it autodrafted for me.

Yahoo said I had the worst draft and that I'm projected to finish last.

As Yahoo's annointed last place finisher in League 1, we can play the "nobody believed in us" card all season long and ride that emotion to a title!