Year 1 - Realistic Expectations

Pearl309

Hall of Fame
dungey - 6500 yards passing, 75 tds, -6 ints
Fredericks- 2800 yards rushing, 30 tds
Ishmael - 140 receptions, 1900 yards, 28 tds
Bris - 12 punt return tds

Anything less and the pitchfork comes back out with determination

In all seriousness, we may have a receiver with 100+ receptions and 1000 yards receiving

dungey - 6500 yards passing, 75 tds, -6 ints
Fredericks- 2800 yards rushing, 30 tds
Ishmael - 140 receptions, 1900 yards, 28 tds
Bris - 12 punt return tds

Anything less and the pitchfork comes back out with determination
I honestly believe 450ypg and 35ppg is doable even in year 1.

I was going to say we'll improve by at least 125 yards a game and will score enough in regulation we won't need to debate if defensive and overtime scoring should count, but basically I think you nailed it.
Underachiever I see...who needs fans like you:)

2015 Offense:

3,839 yards (320 yards / per game)
34 TDs (3 Per game)

2016 Offense:

4,980 yards (415 yards / per game)
49 TDs (4 Per game)

2017 Offense:

5,820 yards (485 yards / per game)
61 TDs ( 5 per game)

Yikes! You are all nuts. Same players different system and still a young defense.
I will be thrilled with 6-6. Anything over 30 PPG will be great.

orangenauburn said:
2015 Offense: 3,839 yards (320 yards / per game) 34 TDs (3 Per game) 2016 Offense: 4,980 yards (415 yards / per game) 49 TDs (4 Per game) 2017 Offense: 5,820 yards (485 yards / per game) 61 TDs ( 5 per game)
In all seriousness i think this is very fair

I didn't think BG played overly great last night but they still put up numbers that have been fantasyland numbers at SU. I don't see any reason we can't win 6 games.

I didn't think BG played overly great last night but they still put up numbers that have been fantasyland numbers at SU. I don't see any reason we can't win 6 games.
And 6 wins was more than likely the ceiling with the prior staff

30 ppg is more than attainable in year 1. This team increased its ppg by nearly 7 this year with a young squad. Another year under their belt with a coach whose literally known for offensive prowess, I don't think that's a big stretch at all.

Yikes! You are all nuts. Same players different system and still a young defense.
I will be thrilled with 6-6. Anything over 30 PPG will be great.

It was a new system this year also. What's your minimum expectation if 6-6 would make you thrilled next year?

Anything less than 6 in any year is a dissapointment and I would expect that next year as I did this year.

Pearl309 said:
dungey - 6500 yards passing, 75 tds, -6 ints Fredericks- 2800 yards rushing, 30 tds Ishmael - 140 receptions, 1900 yards, 28 tds Bris - 12 punt return tds Anything less and the pitchfork comes back out with determination

In all seriousness I think this is very fair.

In all seriousness I think this is very fair.
I don't know, 1 punt return for a TD per game...seems a little pie in the sky to me.

I don't know, 1 punt return for a TD per game...seems a little pie in the sky to me.

Getting 1 per game is clearly unrealistic.

But we will obviously have 3 in each of four games so law of averages.

Not if the other teams are punting eight times a game.

Those aren't realistic numbers Pearl309. Dungey is throwing for at least 150 tds or I'm giving up my tickets.

Am I the only one who's worried about our WR corps next year?

I am a big fan of Ishmael's, but it will be interesting to see how he fits into the new offense [I'm sure that he will]. Beyond him, I'm less confident in the rest. I like Estime, I like Lewis, but the others don't seem to bring much to the table.

Maybe Erv shifts out there. Maybe that's where Moe Neal fits. Maybe someone like Palmer comes in and makes a splash. Wish we would have landed Stewart.

And for the record, I am bully as hell on Babers and his proven track record and tremendous offensive system. I would be very disappointed if we can't get to around 400 yards per game next year.