Year 3 people year 3. 6-13 versus conference foes | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Year 3 people year 3. 6-13 versus conference foes

Going to a bowl game means so little in the era of 35+ bowl games and the ability to count FCS wins.
I would agree with this if not for the additional practice time. To me that matters more to long term success than the bowl game itself.

your better off with a guy who restores and then leaves than one who keeps you at the same level of ineptness

Yep. We may need even more than one of those guys to use us as a stepping stone. We're essentially the Providence of football b/c of the last 7 seven years. They need someone to show that it's possible to win big in the Daryl Gross era. I'd rather have a hot shot guy come in and got 10-2 and then bolt, than console myself in the fact that we have a company man to guide us through several more years of abject mediocrity at best. Once someone shows its possible to win, it may once again become a (sort-of) destination school. Look at what Harbaugh did for Stanford. He took shiite, turned it into shinola and bolted, but now its a great job and top recruits seek it out.

He's going nowhere before his fourth year, no matter how shrill & hysterical some SU fans become.
I'm as disappointed as everyone else, but thats not even an issue.
My biggest concern is the peaks & valleys as demonstrated in that WVU performance, vs these last 3 weeks.
That kinda see-saw is whats most disturbing, & if we're still on this same ride next season, then it'll be time to re-think this regime.
Until then, we have 2 chances to win 1 and make our 2nd straight Bowl game. 6-6 was the bare minimum, NOT a BCS game vs LSU.
Perspective can be a beautiful thing.;)

8-17 versus bcs competition overall, simply unacceptable regardless of who came before him... In addition, marrones offense shows no identity, no system to build on, recruiting hasn't improved, and on top of that Marrone stinks on game day as well... Other than that he is average,

Gross and cantor should not make the same mistake and grant Doug a 4th year. Strike quickly and move on. We need to be ready for the ACC. I think doug's ego may be exactly what shows him the door. I am sure Gross is inquiring as to what exactly is going on out there

You're just a barrel of fun ... over on the Scout Vikings board, we refer to posters of your ilk as negatards.