Yes Roberson commits!!!! | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

Yes Roberson commits!!!!

I am so excited about our two forwards coming in for 13. They both seem to be playing great and improving their games as seniors plus from what I gather they would really compliment each other skill wise playing together down the road. Great time to be a cuse fan.

http://highschoolsports.nj.com/news...ep-61-at-roselle-catholic-80-boys-basketball/
"Roberson had 16 points, eight rebounds and three blocks to lead Roselle Catholic (7-1). Four other players had 10 points or more, including Malachi Richardson who had 12 points, five assists and a pair of steals."

Some nice quotes about Malachi Richardson from the Roselle coach. He's very high on SU, it's on them to make that move.

http://highschoolsports.nj.com/news...ep-61-at-roselle-catholic-80-boys-basketball/
"Roberson had 16 points, eight rebounds and three blocks to lead Roselle Catholic (7-1). Four other players had 10 points or more, including Malachi Richardson who had 12 points, five assists and a pair of steals."

Some nice quotes about Malachi Richardson from the Roselle coach. He's very high on SU, it's on them to make that move.

I really hope they make it soon because I think he's going to be a real good player and would be great to have him commit early as possible and start helping with recruiting too.

http://highschoolsports.nj.com/news...on-54-at-roselle-catholic-86-boys-basketball/
"Tyler Roberson scored 26 points and added 16 rebounds and five blocks as Roselle Catholic, No. 2 in The Star-Ledger Top 20, beat Union, 86-54, in Roselle. Malachi Richardson added 18 points, while Chris Silva scored 11 points and recorded 10 rebounds for Roselle Catholic, which pulled away with a 28-10 fourth-quarter run."

Tyler "The Beast" Roberson gave some victims that work again th_shaqoohhh.png

http://highschoolsports.nj.com/news...on-54-at-roselle-catholic-86-boys-basketball/
"Tyler Roberson scored 26 points and added 16 rebounds and five blocks as Roselle Catholic, No. 2 in The Star-Ledger Top 20, beat Union, 86-54, in Roselle. Malachi Richardson added 18 points, while Chris Silva scored 11 points and recorded 10 rebounds for Roselle Catholic, which pulled away with a 28-10 fourth-quarter run."

Tyler "The Beast" Roberson gave some victims that work againView attachment 1782
He's a bad man.

hes been a boss so far his senior yr! he will probably be overlooked for the McDs roster,but like BJ, our forwards are having great "under the radar" type senior seasons that give me a lot of confidence that they will be ready to contribute next yr

Tyler "The Beast" Roberson gave some victims that work againView attachment 1782

From all of Francis' posts about him, I'm envisioning someone a bit atypical for us. He seems more Morris twins than our typical John Wallace, Damone Brown, Hakim, Grant, etc. Francis, would that me correct? I kind of picture a more skilled, smaller version of Otis Hill. Or a Carmelo "type", in that he can get whatever board he wants, is a great inside but can step outside? If so, he sounds like a great complement to what we have now and the other recruits.

From all of Francis' posts about him, I'm envisioning someone a bit atypical for us. He seems more Morris twins than our typical John Wallace, Damone Brown, Hakim, Grant, etc. Francis, would that me correct? I kind of picture a more skilled, smaller version of Otis Hill. Or a Carmelo "type", in that he can get whatever board he wants, is a great inside but can step outside? If so, he sounds like a great complement to what we have now and the other recruits.
He's definitely a typical SU forward. He's not as physically big like the Morris twins and has that SU forward slim slender build like Damone/Hak. His game is very versatile, as he can score inside but his bread and butter is facing up and either knocking down that mid-range J, or using a jab step to slash inside and score. He measured with a 7'1 wingspan over the summer, so with his long arms and athleticism he really does a great job of grabbing every rebound that comes his way.

He's definitely a typical SU forward. He's not as physically big like the Morris twins and has that SU forward slim slender build like Damone/Hak. His game is very versatile, as he can score inside but his bread and butter is facing up and either knocking down that mid-range J, or using a jab step to slash inside and score. He measured with a 7'1 wingspan over the summer, so with his long arms and athleticism he really does a great job of grabbing every rebound that comes his way.

That's great. He must have a huge motor to board like he does. So now I'm envisioning John Wallace, around junior year when he finally started to hit the mid range and three ball. Thanks for the updates.

Once the season is over and we see how the recruits grow and what happens with our underclassmen (Rak, MCW), I'd love to see what you think the pieces will fit like.

RC beat The Patrick School 91-68 to sweep the season series.
"Freshman Asante Gist scored a career-high 18 points to go with six assists for Roselle Catholic, which used a 30-16 second quarter to break the game open. Tyler Roberson had 16 points, 12 rebounds and eight blocks. Malachi Richardson added 15 points, seven rebounds and six assists."
http://highschoolsports.nj.com/game/score/1567135/

RC beat The Patrick School 91-68 to sweep the season series.
"Freshman Asante Gist scored a career-high 18 points to go with six assists for Roselle Catholic, which used a 30-16 second quarter to break the game open. Tyler Roberson had 16 points, 12 rebounds and eight blocks. Malachi Richardson added 15 points, seven rebounds and six assists."
http://highschoolsports.nj.com/game/score/1567135/
Whoa, 8 blocks, very nice! Also, it seems like every game, he gets a couple of assists. Not earth shattering, but great to know he's looking for his teammates every game.

Whoa, 8 blocks, very nice! Also, it seems like every game, he gets a couple of assists. Not earth shattering, but great to know he's looking for his teammates every game.
Not sure if we'll see it much when he's at SU but when he rebounds, he likes to start the break on his own and does a good job handling the ball finding the open teammate. I'm sure JB will prefer him to pass it to Ennis or one of the guards on the next level.

Not sure if we'll see it much when he's at SU but when he rebounds, he likes to start the break on his own and does a good job handling the ball finding the open teammate. I'm sure JB will prefer him to pass it to Ennis or one of the guards on the next level.
Yup yup, the outlet, to Ennis to do his thing :)

"Hakim Saintil and Tyler Roberson both hit a free throw in the final minute and Roselle Catholic, No. 6 in The Star-Ledger Top 20, defeated No. 8 Linden, 55-53, in Linden. Saintil had 20 points in the win to go with four assists and two steals, while Roberson had 13 points and 11 rebounds."

"Hakim Saintil and Tyler Roberson both hit a free throw in the final minute and Roselle Catholic, No. 6 in The Star-Ledger Top 20, defeated No. 8 Linden, 55-53, in Linden. Saintil had 20 points in the win to go with four assists and two steals, while Roberson had 13 points and 11 rebounds."
Looks like 6 more blocks for Tyler, Gist with 8 points, 7 assists, 3 steals.
Linden was 10-1 at the time.
Lock it down, boys!

In the 6 games that nj.com has recorded this particular statistic, Tyler has averaged 4.5 blocks per game. Considering he is asked to play against the other team's tallest or best post-up player and also asked to be the focal point of their defensive rebounding, I think that's amazing.

RC has a big trip in an event out in Ohio this weekend. Should be some good national exposure for them.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoachDiddi

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom