Yet Another Ashton Broyld Thread | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Yet Another Ashton Broyld Thread

I would like him to get a real long look at QB.

Me too, but one way or another I would like it resolved by spring. If Broyld has a future at QB [either next year as Nassib's successor or the next two years of eligibility], then I'd prefer for him to play there and be given time to develop as a QB.

And if he doesn't have a future at QB after getting a chance to show his chops in December / spring practice, then I'd prefer to see the coaching staff pull the trigger and get him switched to another position so he can settle in.

Personally speaking, I don't think he's fast enough to play WR. And we have a lot of quality prospects at TE / RB, so maybe the defensive side of the ball is where he'd fit best. Bottom line: he's an exciting athlete, and I'd hate to see him languish on the bench when his physical tools would enable him to be a playmaker whichever side of the ball he ends up on.

I think he may be one of the most overrated guys we've had in a long time. Man without a position.

And Ashton, if you're reading this, use my disbelief as fuel. Prove me wrong.

I expect Kinder to be moved to TE very soon.

I may be wrong, but I think Kinder was also a helluva FS/SS type in High School as well.

So much speculation -- so many unknowns.

In a playoff game for his HS, Ashton came in at DE on a crucial series and made a play. Looked like a natural DE or OLB, but he didn't get regular work there. He was saved for his QB role for the most part.

Do we have big needs at DE or OLB so Ashton could get immediate playing time? More need there than at QB, which is wide open?

Is he going to get QB work during December? He is our #3 RB and we have a bowl game to win.

In the Spring, will any of the other QBs show more abilities than what we have seen in the past? Looks to me like a 4 way competition (with Ashton in that mix as the best runner of the bunch). Might hope for it to be settled; but I am guessing the Spring game will be an interesting test. Who can make the throws? Who has poise under pressure? Who can protect the ball?

I think he may be one of the most overrated guys we've had in a long time. Man without a position.

And Ashton, if you're reading this, use my disbelief as fuel. Prove me wrong.

I think he is a monster talent.

I think the best position for him is QB.

I hope they try to make it happen - though Go has said it is not going to happen.

I think anyone who saw his state championship game where Rush-Henrietta beat Troy wants him to get a fair shot at QB. He was a competitor and a leader (if I'm not mistaken he was very good at bball too)... In my opninion he is the 2nd best high school football player I've seen in NY behind Ray Rice, granted I only see upstate teams and have only been watching the last 8 years or so. Much more impressed with him at QB in HS than Paulas. With that said I think he could excel at LB or D-end if QB doesnt work out, he could really hit.

I think anyone who saw his state championship game where Rush-Henrietta beat Troy wants him to get a fair shot at QB. He was a competitor and a leader (if I'm not mistaken he was very good at bball too)... In my opninion he is the 2nd best high school football player I've seen in NY behind Ray Rice, granted I only see upstate teams and have only been watching the last 8 years or so. Much more impressed with him at QB in HS than Paulas. With that said I think he could excel at LB or D-end if QB doesnt work out, he could really hit.
Considering that so far Ashton is not being regarded as our future QB,it would be almost impossible to get another kid from that school ad convince him that he would get that opportunity.:cool:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KD95

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom