You get another year, and you get another year, you all get another | Page 12 | Syracusefan.com

You get another year, and you get another year, you all get another

Is the renovation of the interior of Dome going forward or is just the roof being completed?
This is on the SU Website: New Capital Projects Work: All new capital projects are currently on hold, with the exception of those already underway such as the Stadium improvements, those deemed mission-critical to the academic priorities of the University, or projects that include regulatory, compliance, and/or safety components.

Is the renovation of the interior of Dome going forward or is just the roof being completed?

Roof, scoreboard, lighting, sound.

Interior renovation was included in the next phase, years away.

Just curious, does anyone know if there's a time frame for being in the portal?
Good ?. I was wondering what happens to Howard Washington , or someone like that, if SU doesn't welcome him back and he has no takers? Cuse Legacy or Orange Extreme will know. They'll answer because you asked the question.

That is also a good question and a scenario I hadn’t thought of. I assume with lacrosse there’s a lot of landing spots, but if you enter the portal do you automatically forfeit your scholarship? If you decide to come back but your scholarship has been given away. I guess my real question is what’s the protocol? I need a transfer portal for dummies edition!

That is also a good question and a scenario I hadn’t thought of. I assume with lacrosse there’s a lot of landing spots, but if you enter the portal do you automatically forfeit your scholarship? If you decide to come back but your scholarship has been given away. I guess my real question is what’s the protocol? I need a transfer portal for dummies edition!
I assume you don't "automatically" lose your scholarship, but if they give your money to someone else,
1587428019039.gif

Once a student-athlete informs a school of the intent to transfer, the school can cancel the student’s athletics scholarship at the conclusion of that term.

fyi, The NCAA is suppose to vote shortly on a one time transfer waiver where transfers dont have to sit out a year as they presently have to in some sports

Thank you for the info, it will be interesting to see how this all plays out for years to come.

Has the NCAA weighed in on what they will do with scholarship counts next year? In addition to the 12.5 that everyone has, what will the cap be in 2021? Hard to assess what you can do with transfers after you offer returning players the same money they got in 2020.

Has the NCAA weighed in on what they will do with scholarship counts next year? In addition to the 12.5 that everyone has, what will the cap be in 2021? Hard to assess what you can do with transfers after you offer returning players the same money they got in 2020.

Cap is still 12.6, but you can go over the 12.6 for returning seniors only in 2020-21.

Everything goes back to normal for 2021-22.

Got it. Thank you. Then for any transfers, regardless of their year, you have to pull $ from your 12.5. Hopefully Desko has something in reserve.

You're too late. Conners has already said he's returning to UVa. ;)

I did see that after I made my post, really good player. I wonder how that announcement affects UVA's 5th year guys who return, although I don't think UVA has many of them with Kraus not coming back and Aiken likely gone as well. I assume UVA will simply have to put any schollie money for Conners within the 12.6 based on that article. Would also have to think that announcement rules UVA out for any big time transfer especially a 5th year like Sowers.

I did see that after I made my post, really good player. I wonder how that announcement affects UVA's 5th year guys who return, although I don't think UVA has many of them with Kraus not coming back and Aiken likely gone as well. I assume UVA will simply have to put any schollie money for Conners within the 12.6 based on that article. Would also have to think that announcement rules UVA out for any big time transfer especially a 5th year like Sowers.
I agree we're probably out of the running for Sowers if he expects some money. I, too, get the gist of the article to mean there's no extra money and everything has to come out of the basic allotment.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom