You Got To Have a QB | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

You Got To Have a QB

I guess a few Texas high school coaches should lose their jobs also for sending Texas a few top 10 rated Q.B'S over the last few years. Only one was from out of the state of Texas.

Case McCoy was one of them at No.6 I believe out of Texas

He was fine but it's just math. They weren't going to be that horrid with that much talent every game. The same reason we don't panic if a team hits their first few threes against us in basketball. It will revert to closer to the mean by the end. If a team like unc loses a ton of games to start the year, it will tend to balance to their talent level. It's just a statistical truism.

No.

The defense was very different after he took over - the nature of play - the nature of scheme.

It was not a statistical eventuality - it was just plain different - a new scheme and a much better defense.

Greg was not a good HC, but he knows how to coach defense.

I agree with this for the most part but look at Auburn this year and Notre Dame last year. They got to the NC game with a decent not great quarterback in Golson and Marshall.

I guess we will debate the term "great."

Both QBs played very well - they played "great" at times.

They were very effective and that's why their teams won.

Texas did not have effective QB play following Colt McCoy.

After McNabb, SU did not have effective QB play until Nassib's junior or senior year.

No.

The defense was very different after he took over - the nature of play - the nature of scheme.

It was not a statistical eventuality - it was just plain different - a new scheme and a much better defense.

I think this is true. And I don't think the Michigan stint reflects on him at all. That was an impossible situation...for Shafer, and for GRob.

No.

With respect, he stunk at Michigan, he stunk at KC and he stunk at the end with the Broncos. We have to go back to the mid-90s for anything tangibly reflecting defensive success. If forced to choose whether he finally got his act together this year or whether 5-star recruits started playing more like 5-star recruits, I would take the latter since they've actually accomplished something in the last 20 years to make themselves 5-star recruits. PLUS, the elimination of Diaz could have been the impetus for success, as well. Maybe I'm alone (doubtful), but Grob hasn't earned the benefit of the doubt with me!

The last 3 games, First Downs Rushing-Passing [36-30 ], Rushing Attempts [136], Passing Attempts, Completions [100-66 ]. Net yards Rushing-Passing [566-617], Touchdowns Rushing-Passing [6-3]. That was against 3 bowl teams, and the progress should get better everyone has a years experience, coaches, and players.

I always thought grob's defensive were fine against pro schemes. However, we'd get torched by spread teams like wvu.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom