You guys weren't lying about Lamar | Syracusefan.com

You guys weren't lying about Lamar

They ought to renovate the Heisman Trophy and make him the guy in the statue. This kid is going to run away with it this year.

I really thought this would be the year for Watson but he gambles too much. He's never going to put up the crazy rushing that Lamar puts up but he's a way better passer.

He can play. We held him in check in the first half but he did whatever he wanted in the 3rd quarter. He's still the favorite for the heisman.

I was close, I said 45-35 Clemson. Would love to see a playoff featuring Clemson, Louisville, Alabama and either Ohio State or Michigan.

I was close, I said 45-35 Clemson. Would love to see a playoff featuring Clemson, Louisville, Alabama and either Ohio State or Michigan.

You may get your wish. I'd love to see Watson vs. Jackson II and Saban vs. Meyer but we'll probably not get those match-ups. I'm glad we have four teams, (although I'd still like to see 8).

If Washington rolls through the PAC 12 they will get a playoff spot. And if Miami beats Clemson in the ACC title game in Orlando they will get into the playoff as well.

It will be tough for the ACC to get 2 teams into the playoff this year.

He can play. We held him in check in the first half but he did whatever he wanted in the 3rd quarter. He's still the favorite for the heisman.

And, your db's held (literally) his receivers a majority of the first half and blatantly got away with it. It's one of the reasons Petrino was so livid in that 2nd Q. I didn't have any horse in the race last night, only wanted to see a thrilling game, which it was. Just keeping it real.

If Washington rolls through the PAC 12 they will get a playoff spot.

Maybe it's my east coast bias, but I just don't see it happening. I feel like they will lose a game or two 41-38 after we all go to bed. @ Oregon, @ Cal and @ Utah is a tough slate.

And, your db's held (literally) his receivers a majority of the first half and blatantly got away with it. It's one of the reasons Petrino was so livid in that 2nd Q. I didn't have any horse in the race last night, only wanted to see a thrilling game, which it was. Just keeping it real.
You can keep it real all you want but Mike Williams got held numerous times with no calls so it goes both ways.

This is what I love though. Clemson wins a game no one expects and everyone talks about officiating and what not. Every single time.

You can keep it real all you want but Mike Williams got held numerous times with no calls so it goes both ways.

This is what I love though. Clemson wins a game no one expects and everyone talks about officiating and what not. Every single time.
It looked like a Duke home basketball game officiating job .

Lol...Clemson is benefited by most calls in any game I have watched since we have been in the league. That being said, ACC officials are probably the worst I have seen...although the PAC is a very close second.

Lol...Clemson is benefited by most calls in any game I have watched since we have been in the league. That being said, ACC officials are probably the worst I have seen...although the PAC is a very close second.
Very interesting. I haven't seen any other fan base say that but I guess I'll have to take you at your word.

Very interesting. I haven't seen any other fan base say that but I guess I'll have to take you at your word on that.

The officiating in your game wasn't nearly as bad as it was in our game.

And Clemson fans are perfect?

Yes, calls go both ways and you hope they even out. Referees let the players play. Glad Clemson won and if Leggett hadn't fumbled that ball near the UL end zone Clemson would have been up to 35 in the 3rd quarter and the whole complexion of the game changes. Last night as I was falling asleep with closed eyes I caught a "dream vision" of Petrino wearing a Baylor hat - probably just an association of scandals rather than a job opportunity as former WF coach Jim Grobe is doing a good job at Baylor, although the coaching musical chairs business is starting up again - looks like Texas will fire Charlie Strong at the end of this year and if Petrino leaves Strong could go back to UL. Wonder if Orgeron goes 6-2 at LSU like he did at USC (the big one in California) if he will still be an interim there and be replaced like he was at USC? Interims might not stay if they can be replaced with a more desired coach. Wonder if Kelly will be gone from ND at the end of the year like some of their fans say as they say their AD forced Kelly's DC out? Will the USC coach stay? It's a multimillion dollar soap opera at the "name schools" and Tom Herman of Houston seems to be the hot property. Also, I don't claim to be a prophet but in another dream I had a month ago got the "message" that Lamar Jackson will suffer a broken leg - this year? A running QB will get whacked somehow sooner or later. He suffered an ankle injury just last year and was out for a game or two. I'll put it out here just in case it does happen.

And Clemson fans are perfect?
When did I say that? Of course we aren't. All I wanted to do was talk about how great of a player Jackson is. You guys wanted to complain about officiating and I got a little salty for that. I should have realized it wasn't going to turn out like I thought it would.

When did I say that? Of course we aren't. All I wanted to do was talk about how great of a player Jackson is. You guys wanted to complain about officiating and I got a little salty for that. I should have realized it wasn't going to turn out like I thought it would.
My experience with Clemson fans is that they are just as whiney as every other program.

No one expected the number five team with a heisman level QB to win at home? Congrats on the upset.

Completely agree. It's the passion. I hate it but sometimes I get whiney about it.

I sat with a Clemson fan during much of the 2013 game at the Dome. He was a truck driver who had a delivery in the area and time off do he got a ticket to the Dome. He was a very nice guy, praised Syracuse the city and school and the Dome and we talked about how Cuse had McNabb and Harrison the last time we met and now Clemson had Boyd and Watkins and that was the big difference. Clemson had played LSU in a bowl game the previous year and we joked about how many times "Hold That Tiger" had been played and whose band had played it the most.

I enjoyed talking to him and got a favorable impression fo Clemson fans, if he is a typical example.

I sat with a Clemson fan during much of the 2013 game at the Dome. He was a truck driver who had a delivery in the area and time off do he got a ticket to the Dome. He was a very nice guy, praised Syracuse the city and school and the Dome and we talked about how Cuse had McNabb and Harrison the last time we met and now Clemson had Boyd and Watkins and that was the big difference. Clemson had played LSU in a bowl game the previous year and we joked about how many times "Hold That Tiger" had been played and whose band had played it the most.

I enjoyed talking to him and got a favorable impression fo Clemson fans, if he is a typical example.
Best visiting Fanbase I've ever seen

Corso makes his Clemson-Louisville pick

"As for the other pickers, country singer Eric Church predicted a Clemson win. Desmond Howard went with Clemson. David Pollack picked Clemson and Chris "The Bear" Fallica took Louisville."

Uh-huh. Try again. :rolleyes:

Reactions: gbo
Corso makes his Clemson-Louisville pick

"As for the other pickers, country singer Eric Church predicted a Clemson win. Desmond Howard went with Clemson. David Pollack picked Clemson and Chris "The Bear" Fallica took Louisville."

Uh-huh. Try again. :rolleyes:
oGb2d67.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
warriors826

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom