Maliq = 20 minutes
Bell = 20 minutes
Taylor = 10 minutes
Copeland = 5 minutes

Center:
Jesse = 25 minutes
Mounir = 10 minutes
Peter Carey = 5 minutes

Yes, that's 11 guys, but probably 2 of them will sit out 10 or more games, leaving you with a mostly 9 man rotation - 3 guards, 4 forwards, 2 centers.

One of the forwards will begin to sit more often by ACC season, leaving you with 8 for the stretch run.

My Wished For Guard Rotation:
Joe G. = 35 minutes
Judah = 20 minutes
Symir = 20 minutes
Copeland = 5 minutes

Forwards:
Benny = 25 minutes
Maliq = 20 minutes
Bell = 20 minutes
Taylor = 10 minutes
Copeland = 5 minutes

Center:
Jesse = 25 minutes
Mounir = 10 minutes
Peter Carey = 5 minutes

Yes, that's 11 guys, but probably 2 of them will sit out 10 or more games, leaving you with a mostly 9 man rotation - 3 guards, 4 forwards, 2 centers.

One of the forwards will begin to sit more often by ACC season, leaving you with 8 for the stretch run.
Jesse only 25? My wish is 40' for him.

I cannot believe that I’m not panicking in the slightest. Can’t tell if I’m being patient or if I’m broken.

Either way I am stoked for the real season to start.

We can take some solace in the fact we are far from the only team to look really rough this pre season. That said staff and senior leaders better get to work.

I’m tired hearing the coaching staff rave about Mintz. He is not a point guard and looks to be the most selfish player I’ve seen at SU in a long time. He’s already getting treated like a Boeheim senior. Joe looks disgusted on the floor. I’d rather have Joe play the point. You will never run a offense with Mintz playing point. He already has too long a leash. I’m not sure why?

Jesse only 25? My wish is 40' for him.

Yeah, it's not gonna happen. It will be a miracle if he lasts 30 minutes, IMO. Our starting guards are not going to keep many people out of the lane. Jesse is going to get a lot of early fouls this season. He was committing really dumb fouls against an overmatched opponent. Just imagine when he starts playing good players again. He didn't play much for his Dutch team this summer, either, until the last game.

I’m tired hearing the coaching staff rave about Mintz. He is not a point guard and looks to be the most selfish player I’ve seen at SU in a long time. He’s already getting treated like a Boeheim senior. Joe looks disgusted on the floor. I’d rather have Joe play the point. You will never run a offense with Mintz playing point. He already has too long a leash. I’m not sure why?

Somebody better sit down with Mintz and show him some of his film. Matador defense. Forced drives into traffic. Except for the alley oop toward the end of the game, I don't remember him passing once on the drive. He's more Jalen Carey than Jason Hart, at this point.

Yeah, it's not gonna happen. It will be a miracle if he lasts 30 minutes, IMO. Our starting guards are not going to keep many people out of the lane. Jesse is going to get a lot of early fouls this season. He was committing really dumb fouls against an overmatched opponent. Just imagine when he starts playing good players again. He didn't play much for his Dutch team this summer, either, until the last game.
Was it a wishlist or a "probably happening" list?

Good lord- let's not go to tribal council just yet on Mintz.

Somebody better sit down with Mintz and show him some of his film. Matador defense. Forced drives into traffic. Except for the alley oop toward the end of the game, I don't remember him passing once on the drive. He's more Jalen Carey than Jason Hart, at this point.

He needs coaching and a lot of work. That said Jalen Carey is still a long ways off.

We can take some solace in the fact we are far from the only team to look really rough this pre season. That said staff and senior leaders better get to work.
I want to be good as much as anyone else in the fanbase. It is just going to take some time this season. It’s not ideal and it could be different but this is what it is so I’m letting myself adjust expectations for Syracuse basketball like I never have before.

Find a way to start 4-0 and let’s see what happens in the title game in the Clays. If anything goes horribly wrong before then I’ll change tones but for now I’m just excited for something new.

My Wished For Guard Rotation:
Joe G. = 35 minutes
Judah = 20 minutes
Symir = 20 minutes
Copeland = 5 minutes

Forwards:
Benny = 25 minutes
Maliq = 20 minutes
Bell = 20 minutes
Taylor = 10 minutes
Copeland = 5 minutes

Center:
Jesse = 25 minutes
Mounir = 10 minutes
Peter Carey = 5 minutes

After seeing Taylor and Maliq play…..I just don’t see how Benny is still in the discussion for most forward minutes

Was it a wishlist or a "probably happening" list?

Well, you're right, I said "wish list".

But if you think that something like "Jesse in foul trouble" is likely, my "wish" is that our back-ups have been playing regularly.

After seeing Taylor and Maliq play…..I just don’t see how Benny is still in the discussion for most forward minutes

Benny has upside. He and Mintz are going to have to each play around 20 minutes, at a minimum, or we are going to have a very hard time finding offense this season against the better teams. The other guys are good guys for the second unit, but maybe not athletic or mature enough to do it against conference opponents. At least, not yet. Maybe with 10 or 20 games under their belts ...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom